Bought yours ?

EDIT : just saw it isn't on the front page.

Get it there http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/black-legion.html

ok this is annoying and a but scary!

i've been on the BL website since 0755 UK time hitting refresh on the page for this book, all I get is "available soon".

then I follow your link and badabing that's me ordered - what gives?!  I just hope they don't cancel the order.

Kind of wanna order the LE but I don't have the first one in LE and it's so expensive to pick up now.

Same here, brother.

But I love the "normal" covers, so it's not that bad at all. ;)

Bought yours ?

EDIT : just saw it isn't on the front page.

Get it there http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/black-legion.html

Vesper I love you! I literally ran round the farm this morning constantly checking the pre order page, (causing some serious health and safety issues) I now have it secured and I still have my arms and legs. You're awesome buddy

And purchased - I wish I knew how the Black Library release schedule worked. I know GW does it Saturday releases at 10am and FW on Fridays at 9am, but this seemed a little random.

Anyway, LE ordered and another for the signing pile when A-D-B gets back to the UK...

Got my copy ordered but was so worried about missing it that I didn't see the ebook at half price offer until I'd secured the LE and so have cost myself some cash lol

You could try emailing them about it, they might be able to refund half or something.

Hold on, I was purchasing the ebook version and now it says it won't be able to download until the 12th, am I missing something?

They stopped putting preorders up a month in advance this month so a lot of people (myself included) assumed the 'this book can be ordered from' date was the actual release date. Turns out they just changed to a one week preorder system, as far as I can tell, and didn't provide any notice of that. Not a big deal. I'm going to assume all listed dates on the website are preorders dates not release dates now.

So yeah, shipping starts the 14th of this month and will end up to 28 days after this date.

Which feels kind of crazy to me. But what do I know ?

It does tell you when the download is available/when the book will be dispatched on the website.

Not if the book isn't up for preorder yet as far as I can tell. For instance all of August's remaining releases and all of September's have the boilerplate 'This title will be available to order on the [day] of [month] as an eBook and Hardback'. None of them mention a dispatch or download date. To the best of my memory in previous months BL had all preorders for the month go live the same day, typically around the first Wednesday of the month, whereas now they're having preorders go live a week before each book's release.

It does tell you when the download is available/when the book will be dispatched on the website.

Not if the book isn't up for preorder yet as far as I can tell. For instance all of August's remaining releases and all of September's have the boilerplate 'This title will be available to order on the [day] of [month] as an eBook and Hardback'. None of them mention a dispatch or download date. To the best of my memory in previous months BL had all preorders for the month go live the same day, typically around the first Wednesday of the month, whereas now they're having preorders go live a week before each book's release.

At the point that you can buy it, it tells you when it will be dispatched or available to download.

At the point that you can buy it, it tells you when it will be dispatched or available to download.

Yes, but that's not what I've been talking about. Sorry for any confusion. I'm talking about the date listed on the page before it's available for preorder. It used to be that BL never listed preorder dates for individual books before putting them up for sale, now they are doing so. I think a few people, myself included, thought the individual preorder dates were release dates because the wording was ambiguous and it's a slightly new system.

Exactly, fire golem.

Making matters worse, nothing on the product page itself says you'll have to wait 7 days to read the eBook if you opt to purchase both formats. Let me make myself very clear: $7.99 is NOT worth waiting 7 days to read this long-anticipated book! :D

Just finished reading it in one sitting. It's very good.

The Ezekarion's realisation of the farcically ironic changes in the Imperium whilst they have been in exile was particularly well done. Abaddon's development is also handled well with the loose threads of his image being plucked upon by prophesy and circumstance, starting to make them fray.

Khayon is excellent.

Sigismund gets a good send-off.

Left me wanting more.

Just finished reading it in one sitting. It's very good.

The Ezekarion's realisation of the farcically ironic changes in the Imperium whilst they have been in exile was particularly well done. Abaddon's development is also handled well with the loose threads of his image being plucked upon by prophesy and circumstance, starting to make them fray.

Khayon is excellent.

Sigismund gets a good send-off.

Left me wanting more.

Anything on the based badarse Ukris? Would love to hear something about him before I kill myself waiting for the LE to arrive!

Archived