The best parts of Helsreach weren't the famous battles, in my opinion. For what's it's worth of course.

To this day, I get chills when I think about Priamus trying to comfort Nero, or laugh when I think about Grimaldus wondering what the hell is wrong with mortals when Tyro and Ryken walk away.

When they show up in Ahriman: Unchanged, Khayon's rubricae are clad in black.

EDIT: Although come to think of that seems to be set a good while later, when Khayon is more 'established' as a BL warlord. Pretty sure any change to black will be covered in detail, it's central to so much of the BL background.

Out of interest ADB, will Rubricae be appearing in BL colours in this novel? Just interested in whether they keep any of their original (blue?) heraldry or just go completely black and gold

Black and gold. 

But still Tzeentchish, so maybe blue tabards? Who knows. What matters here is that black and gold Rubricae look stylish as balls. 

Out of interest ADB, will Rubricae be appearing in BL colours in this novel? Just interested in whether they keep any of their original (blue?) heraldry or just go completely black and gold

Black and gold. 

But still Tzeentchish, so maybe blue tabards? Who knows. What matters here is that black and gold Rubricae look stylish as balls. 

Everything's better painted in black and gold.

Black and gold. 

Well I've now just got the image of the Ezekarion dancing away to that song 'Black and Gold', the rubricae are of course, silently and impassively watching (maybe a foot tap).

If you can't really answer don't worry ADB but do you plan to take a look at Khayon/Ahriman in the future? I mean after the event's of John's awesome Ahriman trilogy?

Yep, we've had plans for those two since forever. Two sides of the same coin in a lot of ways.

The two who left their father to his misery. They embarked on a path, looking for something : brotherhood, knowledge.

But I suppose the main dogs of the Ezekarion will run into quite a few important figures in the Eye. Khârn, Typhus and so on.

I haven't finifhed ToH so maybe something like this is still up ahead for me.

Maybe Huron will show up in a future novel to depict his rivalry with Abbadon as the rising new master of the Maelstrom after Baddab.

Or the pact with Kranon the Relentless.

Or the battle of Crythe Primus (from Soul Hunter) from BL pov.

Or some shenanigans with the Beast.

There's plenty enough stuff to cover or scratch.

Given that ADB is willing to continue it beyond a third novel. 'Cause I can't see another author continuing this series.

Same with Talos' First Claw or Grimaldus or another author trying to depict the Khan instead of Chris. You know what I mean?

Can imagine that one can be weary of a certain topic when you're working on it for quite an amount of time.

If ADB were inclined to spill BL gossip, I'd be interested to hear if any ructions occurred because someone objected to the handling of a character they'd worked on previously.

It'll be nice to see the Black Legion depicted as a cohesive, mixed force drawing members from all these different sources, rather than Ultramarines with spikes.

I remember on one of ADB's blogs, that he said it was roughly penned as a trilogy, but that his editors had suggested that this series becomes his 'Gaunts Ghosts'. I appreciate keeping a series going on that scale must be hard work, but damn I really hope that it does become something akin to that, as I love it so far and we're only on book 1!

I remember on one of ADB's blogs, that he said it was roughly penned as a trilogy, but that his editors had suggested that this series becomes his 'Gaunts Ghosts'. I appreciate keeping a series going on that scale must be hard work, but damn I really hope that it does become something akin to that, as I love it so far and we're only on book 1!

Gaunts got better plot armour than the Tau.

Given that ADB is willing to continue it beyond a third novel.

I hope he doesnt. The eds at GW are hopeless. Sorry nation of shop keeps, not eds. There are NO sandwitches.

Most Gdub writers run out of puff at 2. Unless theres a piss dribble down the leg.

Gaunts got better plot armour than the Tau.

Given that ADB is willing to continue it beyond a third novel.

I hope he doesnt. The eds at GW are hopeless. Sorry nation of shop keeps, not eds. There are NO sandwitches.

Most Gdub writers run out of puff at 2. Unless theres a piss dribble down the leg.

I can't tell if you're trying to rap, write poetry, or being mean.

Archived