Out of interest ADB, will Rubricae be appearing in BL colours in this novel? Just interested in whether they keep any of their original (blue?) heraldry or just go completely black and gold

Black and gold. 

But still Tzeentchish, so maybe blue tabards? Who knows. What matters here is that black and gold Rubricae look stylish as balls. 

Not as stylish as Noise Marines, I adore the Children of Torment color scheme.

Out of interest ADB, will Rubricae be appearing in BL colours in this novel? Just interested in whether they keep any of their original (blue?) heraldry or just go completely black and gold

Black and gold. 

But still Tzeentchish, so maybe blue tabards? Who knows. What matters here is that black and gold Rubricae look stylish as balls. 

Where do they get the paint? I've always wondered that.

I like to think that, beyond his specific objectives for each of his Black Crusades, Abaddon has a number of secondary goals... and that "acquire paint supplies" can be found somewhere down that mind-bogglingly-long list.

I like to think that, beyond his specific objectives for each of his Black Crusades, Abaddon has a number of secondary goals... and that "acquire paint supplies" can be found somewhere down that mind-bogglingly-long list.

The BL hierarchy actually includes a Lord Purchaser, who is routinely sent out with a portion of the wealth pillaged by the Legion to the nearest DIY store.

Black and gold. 

Indeed - my internal Black Stahl totally approves.

I'm hoping Black Legion becomes a long running series

So much history to explore

The more good books - the better!

I remember on one of ADB's blogs, that he said it was roughly penned as a trilogy, but that his editors had suggested that this series becomes his 'Gaunts Ghosts'. I appreciate keeping a series going on that scale must be hard work, but damn I really hope that it does become something akin to that, as I love it so far and we're only on book 1!

Gaunts got better plot armour than the Tau.

Given that ADB is willing to continue it beyond a third novel.

I hope he doesnt. The eds at GW are hopeless. Sorry nation of shop keeps, not eds. There are NO sandwitches.

Most Gdub writers run out of puff at 2. Unless theres a piss dribble down the leg.

Gaunts, Tau and Space wolves has more plot armour than everything else ever created in GW history.

@I hope he doesnt. The eds at GW are hopeless. Sorry nation of shop keeps, not eds. There are NO sandwitches.@ - that is hilarious!

Just finished ToH and oh my god...what a book!

It's just insane how ADB does it again and again. Every time I'm reading one of his books, I feel connected to these traitorous scumbags. :D

With each book I'm finishing, interested in yet another traitor Legion.

NL, WB and now I'm a fan of the only legion I was never interested in: Black Legion.

From the beginning till the last sentence, you got me again, ADB.

This gigantic cliffhanger about Gyre, Nefertari and the others is just frustrating me. Is Gyre alive like Nefertari? What about Lheor?

I got goosebumps when I read the scene with Sigismund.

I really can't wait for the next issue of this series. Especially the confrontation between Khayon and Magnus.

And please do more with Lheor. :D

Seems like Lheor survived the Clone war ( hurhur). There's a passage where Khayon says that he held the World Eater on Mackan while his blood pooled out. So it's hinted he dies on Mackan, might not though. I would'nt be surprised he turns out to be one of the Khorne Berserks who does the suicide charge against the BA Devastators with Abaddon, Braveheart style.

Seems like Lheor survived the Clone war ( hurhur). There's a passage where Khayon says that he held the World Eater on Mackan while his blood pooled out. So it's hinted he dies on Mackan, might not though. I would'nt be surprised he turns out to be one of the Khorne Berserks who does the suicide charge against the BA Devastators with Abaddon, Braveheart style.

Mackan would be costly for Ezakarion for sure :)

I do hope that Black Templars will do some neat holes in Black Legion in this book too. After all they expected traitors return and planned accordingly. Plus it will give us some good balance, cause it's would be one-sided beating of Imperials all the book long ;)

I still can't believe that the Astonomicon is ...

an old bloke/good daemon sitting in a chair, creating more good daemons and throwing millions of them at the planets in the EoT

I've always wondered where that idea came from. Was it ADB? was it GW management? Was it Chaos?

I still can't believe that the Astonomicon is ...

an old bloke/good daemon sitting in a chair, creating more good daemons and throwing millions of them at the planets in the EoT

I've always wondered where that idea came from. Was it ADB? was it GW management? Was it Chaos?

While I cant speak for ADB obviously, he doesnt normally just invent things on that scale, so I must assume its coming from some mostly forgotten mention in the fluff?

Did I missed something?

When does he throw good demons at the bad guys? Isn't it his light that is hurting them?

Its just a natural part of the astronomican based on the book.

Its not an intentional thing I think, but implying (I took it, its been what, years though?) that the light is actually daemons. Which makes sense, as its powered by souls, souls being daemons... so if the light moves through a planet, well that object is going to get nuked.

From the thread, but relevant here, the second book is scheduled to have its general hardback release in August 2017:

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Legion-Aaron-Dembski-Bowden/dp/1784965618/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1477930702&sr=1-1

Let's hope we won't get that lame Eternal Crusade art as a cover. Just hire Raymond Swanland for the entire series and call it a day. The guy gets the work done flawlessly.

It says "Cover not final". The previous placeholder covers we've seen include a cropped Dorn from the Primarchs cover on Praetorian of Dorn, or Prospero Burns' Russ cropped for the Leman Russ: The Great Wolf novel. Not to worry, they're just using that artwork because it is one of the more recent Abaddon pieces. If it wasn't this, it might have been Pandorax, or a cropped-to-topknot Talon of Horus ;)

Did I missed something?

When does he throw good demons at the bad guys? Isn't it his light that is hurting them?

Its just a natural part of the astronomican based on the book.

Its not an intentional thing I think, but implying (I took it, its been what, years though?) that the light is actually daemons. Which makes sense, as its powered by souls, souls being daemons... so if the light moves through a planet, well that object is going to get nuked.

I always took it that the Solar Priest was an avatar of the Emperor projected via/with the aid of the Astronomicon. I like the idea that the Emp can "appear" to people in a way that seems appropriate to Him. In the Jaq Draco book Inquisitor when Jaq "meets" the Emp he only converses with a minute fraction of the Emps consciousness. I always loved that.

Archived