With an eye to the past I look try to divine the future.

Raven1

anybody have any info on points changes for Rubrics/SOT?

supposedly the Scarab Occult sorcerer is now free after paying the base cost + his weapons. No premium for sorcerers in squads, same as chaos dex for rubrics. 

Soul reapers are 5 points.

So we get spell access, overall point deductions (minor but for SOT it brings the squad down around 20 points!) 

I would question the source.

Seems odd giving it to the SoT in the warhammerTV game if its a heal spell. they don't benefit much from it.

I wonder if it's like other healing things and if there are no wounded model, then return 1 model to the unit with 1 wound left

supposedly the Scarab Occult sorcerer is now free after paying the base cost + his weapons. No premium for sorcerers in squads, same as chaos dex for rubrics.

So we get spell access, overall point deductions (minor but for SOT it brings the squad down around 20 points!)

Soul Reapers aren't 5 points. The source on Dakka said 5pts cheaper and then corrected himself when he realized that it was the same price drop from the CSM Codex. He was comparing against the Index by mistake.

Also, Facebook comments say we definitely still get Maulerfiends.

Soul Reapers aren't 5 points. The source on Dakka said 5pts cheaper and then corrected himself when he realized that it was the same price drop from the CSM Codex. He was comparing against the Index by mistake.

Also, Facebook comments say we definitely still get Maulerfiends.

MEANT 15!!!!!! Sorry!!!

Yea, I'd be really shocked if the soulreaper got any cheaper.

Sad side is the rubrics and flamers are probably CSM priced too-and that's a bit too much.

Let it be known that a 10 man rubric unit with 2 warp flamers and a soul reaper using Vets of the Long War only...Killed Skarbrand in one turn of shooting. 

Perhaps its my pants-on-head level of stupid luck but it was pretty astonishing. 

Sad side is the rubrics and flamers are probably CSM priced too-and that's a bit too much.

Let it be known that a 10 man rubric unit with 2 warp flamers and a soul reaper using Vets of the Long War only...Killed Skarbrand in one turn of shooting.

Perhaps its my pants-on-head level of stupid luck but it was pretty astonishing.

Yeah....with Vets and Webway Infiltration + Warptime, Warpflamers are going to HURT.

Well, pants-on-head levels of stupid luck cause all sorts of hilarious scenarios.

I once had a riptide kill over 450 points of necrons in a single round of CC-does not mean it indicates the riptide is a CC god.

Yeah....with Vets and Webway Infiltration + Warptime, Warpflamers are going to HURT.

Bha, edit fails for some reason.

Tried saying-I'm not seeing that happen.
Alpha legion has the exact same trick up it's sleeve-but they use zerkers. you know why?

Warptime has a fail chance, and can be denied. and if either happens-the entire unit is practically dead in the water. its too much of a gamble.

Thats how I feel its just risky because you can end up with a unit by itself where they really shouldn't.

I have been running a Vanguard detachment with 3 rubric min squads 1 with 3 flamers and the other 2 with SRC. Infil the one with flamers and put the other 2 in a rhino so i can get them up far enough to cover them.

Bha, edit fails for some reason.

Tried saying-I'm not seeing that happen.

Alpha legion has the exact same trick up it's sleeve-but they use zerkers. you know why?

Warptime has a fail chance, and can be denied. and if either happens-the entire unit is practically dead in the water. its too much of a gamble.

Yes. 'Zerkers also happen to be one of the deadliest units in the entire game right now and have a tendency to delete whatever they touch.

We also don't have them.

We do have lots of casting bonuses though, which can make either failure or denial much less likely...and we might be able to cast from outside denial range, depending on where the enemy psykers are.

I would personally rather do the flamer thing than charge and be subject to overwatch...but my meta is full of nasty things like frag cannons, Catachan flamer spam, and dual Battle Cannon Renegade Knights, so charging may work better for you than it would for me.

Seems Magnus can be pretty tanky, being able to cast Glamour and Temporal Shenanigans so reliably. With the pts increase, loss of invun re-rolls, new spells and improved aura, my gut feeling is that he's mildly improved, if not a straight wash? 

I'll pay 7 points a flamer happily (well, somewhat so) if they're changed into a 12" range. Here is hoping!

They're still 8". They mentionned in the Faction Focus that you needed Warptime after Deepstrike in order to use Warpflamers.

I'll pay 7 points a flamer happily (well, somewhat so) if they're changed into a 12" range. Here is hoping!

They're still 8". They mentionned in the Faction Focus that you needed Warptime after Deepstrike in order to use Warpflamers.

Yup ill pass if I want flamers, ill use Tzeentch daemons which can be summoned.

Ill still totally use flamers, but only on units coming out of rhinos or Land Raiders. other then that its Bolter-Bolter-Bolter! 

I agree that warptime having a fail chance makes me less likely to try it, first I would ascertain if the opponent has deny capability or has those "spend CP for a 4+ to totally ignore a spell!" rules, and adjust accordingly. 

WIth all the new tools we sit in a good spot. Temporal is *probably* just a heal, I doubt recursion. 

first I would ascertain if the opponent has deny capability or has those "spend CP for a 4+ to totally ignore a spell!" rules, and adjust accordingly. 

Note that since Warptime is range 9" for us and units must DS more than 9" away from the ennemy, you could easily out-range any potentiel Deny the Witch or Stratagem. :)

Seems Magnus can be pretty tanky, being able to cast Glamour and Temporal Shenanigans so reliably. With the pts increase, loss of invun re-rolls, new spells and improved aura, my gut feeling is that he's mildly improved, if not a straight wash? 

Problem is the first turn when he still hasn't any power up and the opponent all his Lascannons&Co available.

Archived