With an eye to the past I look try to divine the future.

Raven1

Bow and Tzangoors? Too long.

It makes sense the demon primarchs are targeted first. Hell if any of us were on the frontline of battle against demonic/ sorcerer forces and big bad leader type demon was on land or air he would likely be priority 1 no matter the time period or setting.

I did some math on the Bowgoats / Boats / Zangboatswhatever and with a Shaman OR Prescience, they're better anti-tank than QuadLas Predators...

With additionnal buffs (Shaman AND Prescience, Exalted / Daemon Prince aura, VotLW, Death to the false emperor), they're utterly disgusting. The amount of buffs these units can receive is outrageous. They're pretty much mandatory for any competitive list.

I did some math on the Bowgoats / Boats / Zangboatswhatever and with a Shaman OR Prescience, they're better anti-tank than QuadLas Predators...

With additionnal buffs (Shaman AND Prescience, Exalted / Daemon Prince aura, VotLW, Death to the false emperor), they're utterly disgusting. The amount of buffs these units can receive is outrageous. They're pretty much mandatory for any competitive list.

Uh....for some reason I doubt that. What are the numbers you worked with?

Don't forget about the flickering flames and re-roll 1s to wound from daemon spark warlord trait. :D

They can have +2 to hit, re-rolling 1s, +2 to wound re-rolling 1s. lol

Although i think that min squads might be better, as there is no way to deep strike them, so MSU might be less of a target than a blob.

Care to share that math?

Depends on whether you need to roll a natural 6 or get 6+ after mods though, right?

I haven’t seen the codex so don’t know what is true.

If those numbers are true, it smacks of what I feared about beast men being more or less mandatory in a “competitive” list. Still being neither excited, angry, or panicked yet. :)

Edit: ninja’ed on the 6 thing

I think they'll be good but that seems to good to be true but than again I think your spending more points on getting that efficient than you would for a regular quadlas pred, so that combo should be better.

We don't know the weapon type / range  yet. So if they are 'heavy' then that could reduce the amount of hits if they are 24" range. As I would assume they have a 12" being on discs you will be moving them around lot.

But having a movement of 12" we will be able to scoot around and pick off lone units. 

If the weapon type is 'assault' or rapid fire then that's Great but i suspect them to be either assault or heavy. 

We don't know the weapon type / range  yet. So if they are 'heavy' then that could reduce the amount of hits if they are 24" range. As I would assume they have a 12" being on discs you will be moving them around lot.

But having a movement of 12" we will be able to scoot around and pick off lone units. 

If the weapon type is 'assault' or rapid fire then that's Great but i suspect them to be either assault or heavy. 

Pretty sure that Hikaru on Dakka confirmed them to be assault 2 S5 AP-1 D1 autowound on 6+ to hit

Yeah I'd definitely assume them being assault weaposn. Heavy weapons as only weapon option on a disc unit doesn't make much sense and it doesn't seem like a rapid fire weapon either.

Yeah I'd definitely assume them being assault weaposn. Heavy weapons as only weapon option on a disc unit doesn't make much sense and it doesn't seem like a rapid fire weapon either.

well, it's not the only option. they have pistol/chainsword and the spears too.

Archived