Which primarch is next? Or will it be two?

Dark_Master

If I may speculate...

We won't see The Lion until Forge World releases theirs. Same goes for the rest of the Loyalist primarchs, which means either Russ, Corax or Vulkan would be more likely next. I'd say Russ, as another Primarch for C:SM would step on Guilliman's toes and really annoy the players of non-codex chapters.

I also do not expect Emperor's Children or World Eaters to get their own codex until after all the current armies are updated. They have rules in the very recent Chaos Marine codex. Unless said codex gets redone without those two legions (again, annoying the CSM players), I bet Fulgrim and Angron would just get added in.

I have no proof for any of this...just going off recent releases and trying to put 2 and 2 together and not get 5.

Well Magnus' daemon model was actually released before his FW one.

Of course, FW and greater GW actually lined up their releases pretty effectively then so that Thousand Sons, Burning of Prospero, Leman's model, Magnus' model, all of these releases being within reach of each other.

So maybe the Lion's return will be around the same time Angelus drops? That would be some smart marketing. It would also mean he's not due for at least a year.

As if Christmas wasn’t exciting enough! You can pre-order your White Dwarf tomorrow, while the rest of these releases will be on their way throughout December. Make sure you come back to Warhammer Community on Saturday for a closer look at these releases and even more reveals – there’s one, in particular, you won’t want to miss.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/23/revealed-new-warhammer-holiday-season/ 

I think it might make more commercial sense for GW to save the Lion and Russ (two very popular sales-drivers) for a time when they really need a sales boost.

Maybe slowly bring back some of the other primarchs first. Jaghatai, Corax, and Vulkan.

I think GW might be pushing releases based on story rather than based on sales. I can almost guarantee Angron would have been a better seller than Mortarion, yet the story demanded Mortarion.

I mean this with all due respect to the sculptors (who actually decide what to do), but that literally couldn't be less true.

"Here's a model." --> "Okay, time to make rules and lore for it." --> Release.

The story didn't demand Mortarion. Mortarion was coming, and that demanded a story.

I think GW might be pushing releases based on story rather than based on sales. I can almost guarantee Angron would have been a better seller than Mortarion, yet the story demanded Mortarion.

I mean this with all due respect to the sculptors (who actually decide what to do), but that literally couldn't be less true.

The story didn't demand Mortarion. Mortarion was coming, and that demanded a story.

I concur it's always been a healthy mix of all model, rules, sales with all 6 permutations of thus, from an ex-red shirt and a foolish consumer

So any hints as to what story arc we can expect? ;) 

Any sculptor inclined to do Helbrecth and Grimaldus?

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2610

Developers apparently say that Sangy isn't dead but "in stasis/bad shape"

So... ok.

Extremely disapointing but extremely unsurprising.

8th Edition has been the low point, fluff-wise, in my 40K experience.

So I guess it’s inevitable that the Necrons will show up and revive him with a Ctan shard, an Ork Doc and Fabius Bile, who’s been working on the next big thing in Super-Dooper Super Marines....

Still calling Angron as next.

Apparently they may have been confused and meant the Lion. But that goes against current GW fluff too so it’s anyone’s guess.

Well...the lion sleeping or whatever isnt as far off as the guy that was dead.

If someone in GW seriously screwed it up to that degree, well golly gee is going on in their heads.

Sons of Dorn book could be easily justifiable.

3 Chars from BT, 1 From IF and one from CF.

Add Dornaught, and I assume with the chapter reverting to legion organization, Chapter specific troops will pop op.

Love to see that.

Plus we could get Breachers and give the Templars back their Sword Brethren.

Lore wise we could see the return of the IF companies being named after the walls of Imperial palace like they were in The Beast Arises. Some of the Primaris Marine were around when Dorn was fisting.

Archived