Which primarch is next? Or will it be two?

Dark_Master

I really don't know either, but the unresolved Lion still gives me hope.

See, I really hope that is not the Lion. I will be a little gutted if GW go so cheesy as to put a Lion on a guy named Lion. So bad.

It’s worse than Space Wolves with wolf furs riding on wolves.

Oh it's already happening. Don't you worry, don't you worry...

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Lion_El%27Jonson?file=Pre_heresy_lion_el_johnson.jpg

Where did they even find a lion big enough to do that...

on Lionel Planet of course the DA, or should we say Dark Lions, new home planet. Where there is giant Lions that roam around.

In Ashes of Prospero there is a discussion between Logan Grimnar and Njal. It uses cryptic wording to describe what may be the Primarchs coming back and which ones. 

None, my lord. There are stirrings, tempests through which even I cannot gaze. Even so, I saw a sleeper entombed in rock, and a white storm that rode upon a chariot of lightning. A shadow rises to the call of the Allfathers's messengers, a darkness that strikes from within. The benighted ones turn their supernatural gaze upon our worlds - the Eater of Worlds, the Corpse-King and the Misbegotten Child move once more. The Cyclopean Fiend we have already seen, Even the Golden One has broken his gaze from the Empyrean again. I felt its glare like a fire in my soul.

Loyalists:

sleeper entombed in rock= The Lion obviously

white storm that rode upon a chariot of lightning= Khan on a chariot?

A shadow rises to the call of the Allfathers's messengers, a darkness that strikes from within = Corvax, hidden in the Eye and striking from within it.

Traitors:

Eater of Worlds= World Eaters, Angron

Corpse-King= Mortarion

Misbegotten Child=Emperors Children, Fulgrim

Cyclopean Fiend= Magnus

Unkown

Golden One= Logar? 

So no mention of Russ for SWs, but it looks like 4 maybe 5 traitors, and 4 loyalists including Guilliman. What do you guys think? Is this just filler with no actual application? Or is this information a clue of things to come?

I hope Logan Grimnar replied with a smack on the back of Njal's head and yelled "don't be so damn cryptic, wyrd! Can't you use their freaking names? Allfather's sake, man." :laugh.:

Unkown

Golden One= Logar?

Doesn't Lorgar's Colchisian title, 'the Urizen,' mean 'the Golden One?' I believe the religious scripts inscribed onto his body are supposed to shine like gold too.

But the most obvious link to Lorgar is that he "has broken his gaze from the Empyrean." Lorgar has been established to be meditating/asking for forgiveness for losing the Heresy/taking part in the Great Game between the Chaos Gods in the Templum Inficio on his daemon world of Sicarus at least as back as Anthony Reynolds' Word Bearers trilogy. Though Njal specifies "again," which makes me wonder when he remembered the Milky Way since the Heresy...

This is a clue for sure. I think there are a lot of hints now, and especially the bit in the DA codex that really reiterated the Lion will wake up. Hopefully they don't keep us waiting long!

A misbegotten child would classically be a term used to describe a changeling, a fairy left in the night as a replacement for an abducted baby.

I don’t think in this context it refers to fulgrim or the emperors children, but rather to the tzeentch daemon known as the changeling, who has already had a reasonably solid plotline established in the gathering storm books.

A misbegotten child would classically be a term used to describe a changeling, a fairy left in the night as a replacement for an abducted baby.

I don’t think in this context it refers to fulgrim or the emperors children, but rather to the tzeentch daemon known as the changeling, who has already had a reasonably solid plotline established in the gathering storm books.

I think in this context with the other three God devoted Primarchs mentioned they might be using it to mean Fulgrim.

No Dorn makes me sad.

At least a book with his final days needs to be done.

Tbh they just repeated every Primarch we know (or was heavily likely to be) alive, and if they're alive they are almost 100% likely to come back as a 40k model.

If the book said something like "And an angel rising from a bloody coffin" everyone would collectively (and rightly) lose their minds.

Hinting at Corax, Khan, Lion, Fulgrim, Angron, and Lorgar isn't so crazy, most people assumed they were eventually coming.

None, my lord. There are stirrings, tempests through which even I cannot gaze. Even so, I saw a sleeper entombed in rock, and a white storm that rode upon a chariot of lightning. A shadow rises to the call of the Allfathers's messengers, a darkness that strikes from within. The benighted ones turn their supernatural gaze upon our worlds - the Eater of Worlds, the Corpse-King and the Misbegotten Child move once more. The Cyclopean Fiend we have already seen, Even the Golden One has broken his gaze from the Empyrean again. I felt its glare like a fire in my soul

I’m up for all of this! Those are actually Primarchs with a realistic in-world reason/chance to return.

I’d still prefer Traitors only but GW is gonna throw Loyalists at us wether we want it or not so at least I can get on board with these. And Russ. Dead should stay dead. Didn’t stop ‘em bringing back Guilliman though so all bets are off on that front.

I’ve never seen this passage, thanks for sharing. :)

Since the NeuLore is very much the fulfillment of six editions worth of hints and prophecies, sticking to the Primarchs that are known to be alive is so much more palatable than trying to bring back the dead ones. They’ve really got to avoid the marvel metaplot.

Strange that Perturabo, Vulkan, Russ, maybe Dorn, as they should be alive as well (like I said maybe Dorn, maybe not). Honestly if this is in fact a preview of the models that are coming I would be shocked that Corax will come out before Russ as I didn't think the Raven Guard were that popular.

I think in this context with the other three God devoted Primarchs mentioned they might be using it to mean Fulgrim.

It absolutely does, I'm just having trouble fitting "Misbegotten Child" with Fulgrim...anyone have any ideas?

Well. I am just hoping to see some actual decent fluff come out of all this. For example the Gman's return was epic a bit out of left field for me. The fact they actually bought him back was a bit much for my fragile little mind to comprehend. But the way in which they did it. Gman questioning his own sense of place and purpose, reuniting an empire literally torn in half, with a fraction of the resources that was available at the beginning of the great crusade (with 17 other allied legions too!) The overwhelming nature of the task he was facing. I really liked how they fleshed him out. He seemed so human.

I hope they give realistic depth and weight to whoever returns. I am personally hoping it to be the Lion as it makes the most "logic" to me. With Cypher unable to complete his initial task whilst on Terra I see the potential for him to wake up the Lion and give him a reason to point the DA's at the Blue boys. Cause a sort of mini war/ tense stand off.

It absolutely does, I'm just having trouble fitting "Misbegotten Child" with Fulgrim...anyone have any ideas?

I typed 'misbegotten' into my French translator and the only answer was 'badly-conceived' (or possibly 'ill-conceived,' if there's a difference), for what it's worth.

I've always been of the mind Corax died in the Eye of Terror because I expected him to go after the first daemon primarch he found and you just don't survive that on his own turf, so I'm curious about what got him to stay alive, and just who these "Alffather's messengers" who allegedly will bring him back are.

The overwhelming nature of the task he was facing. I really liked how they fleshed him out. He seemed so human.

Ah! I was just replaying Mass Effect 3 for the nth time two minutes ago. Reminds me of this good old Commander Shepard.

I'm fully expecting Games Workshop to drop the ball harder than Bioware's tricolored, ripped-off-from-the-first-Deus-Ex-game ending, too.

Strange that Perturabo, Vulkan, Russ, maybe Dorn, as they should be alive as well (like I said maybe Dorn, maybe not). Honestly if this is in fact a preview of the models that are coming I would be shocked that Corax will come out before Russ as I didn't think the Raven Guard were that popular.

Fulgrim is the master of the Emperor's Children legion, it's just wordplay I think.

Archived