Which primarch is next? Or will it be two?

Dark_Master

I would be pretty infuriated if my primarch was just a paper that I had to shove into my new codex instead of actually being in my codex. They could have thrown out another codex during December if that was the case, or just promised 9.

Yes but on the other hand you can make a series of campaign books crammed full of special rules and special characters, and sell them apiece for $40 or more!

I would be pretty infuriated if my primarch was just a paper that I had to shove into my new codex instead of actually being in my codex. They could have thrown out another codex during December if that was the case, or just promised 9.

Yes but on the other hand you can make a series of campaign books crammed full of special rules and special characters, and sell them apiece for $40 or more!

aye that I don't mind, but a primarch on just some paper feels so... degrading.

Talking with spikey bits, they seem fairly confident that a new campaign will be coming out next year featuring the Lion and Fulgrim throwing down.

By "fairly confident" do you mean they have a strong gut feeling, or do they actually know something we don't?

Fulgrim vs. Lion is a pretty awesome matchup to me. Slaanesh needs some love.

Talking with spikey bits, they seem fairly confident that a new campaign will be coming out next year featuring the Lion and Fulgrim throwing down.

By "fairly confident" do you mean they have a strong gut feeling, or do they actually know something we don't?

Fulgrim vs. Lion is a pretty awesome matchup to me. Slaanesh needs some love.

They know something they don't. Although it could also go up in smoke on account of GW's current power troubles.

Hmm. Would expect Angron before Fulgrim.

But if this means new slanesh SM models. Ye I'm up for it.

Oh :cuss I completely missed the last bit on Warhammer Community about the 2 new models! Hype thrusters to max!

Completely random guess here. Helbrecth and Grimaldus. They got new artwork in the CSM codex. :D

Hmm. Would expect Angron before Fulgrim.

But if this means new slanesh SM models. Ye I'm up for it.

Oh :cuss I completely missed the last bit on Warhammer Community about the 2 new models! Hype thrusters to max!

Completely random guess here. Helbrecth and Grimaldus. They got new artwork in the CSM codex. :D

I fail to see how the last 2 rumors are black Templars or a primarch much more likely to be sisters.

And you will keep failing. It's a random guess.

"On Christmas Day, something stirs in a place of horror. Souls cry out in terror and are silenced, as a sleeper awakens and darkness falls…

Boxing Day brings twists and turns in a quest for salvation that takes an unlikely hero into the heart of darkness, pursued by mighty foes and in search of something he doesn’t understand"

If it's 40k.

The first one something stirs in a place of horror could be Fulgrim, and the second part it's the Lion.

Second one could be AoS. If it's 40k could be Luther. An unlikely Hero.

"On Christmas Day, something stirs in a place of horror. Souls cry out in terror and are silenced, as a sleeper awakens and darkness falls…

Boxing Day brings twists and turns in a quest for salvation that takes an unlikely hero into the heart of darkness, pursued by mighty foes and in search of something he doesn’t understand"

If it's 40k.

The first one something stirs in a place of horror could be Fulgrim, and the second part it's the Lion.

I agree with your edited post( :p ).

Taking "Heart of Darkness" as a literal hint to the book by Konrad seems a bit far fetched. But what has Fulgrim been up to lately? He doesn't feel like someone who would 'rest' or seclude himself or something like that, meaning it would be hard for him to "stir in a place of horror.". Of course, he could just be busy with other things, like the Great Game or something, only now becoming active in the material plane... dunno, feels like a stretch.

The only sleeper we have in 40k is the Lion as far as I know, unless you count entities like The Dragon.

If it's 40k.

It would be funnier if they wrote "On Sanguinala," but hey still cool!

But what has Fulgrim been up to lately? He doesn't feel like someone who would 'rest' or seclude himself or something like that, meaning it would be hard for him to "stir in a place of horror.".

All of the Daemon Primarchs have been secluded in the Eye of Terror for a while so it could be any of them. Or it could be any of the Loyalists who disappeared- Russ and Corax into the Eye of Terror, Vulkan into Comorragh (from memory) or The Khan into the Webway. All of the above could be considered places of horror.

Fulgrim only comes into it because of the Spikey Bits thing above (something I don’t put much faith in as they are nearly as bad as BOLS).

The sleeper awaking does seem like the Lion but again could also be for any of the remaining Daemon Primarchs as well.

This hint is a lot more vague than it seems at first glance. Also it’s for (e)books and that doesn’t always translate to model release.

That all seems really negative but I’m actually up for whatever it is. Just pointing out that it might be a cheeky misdirect and that their last “big” reveal didn’t blow as many people away as they suggested.

But what has Fulgrim been up to lately? He doesn't feel like someone who would 'rest' or seclude himself or something like that, meaning it would be hard for him to "stir in a place of horror.". Of course, he could just be busy with other things, like the Great Game or something, only now becoming active in the material plane... dunno, feels like a stretch.

The only sleeper we have in 40k is the Lion as far as I know, unless you count entities like The Dragon.

Fabius Bile: Clonelord has multiple Slaaneshi daemons refer to Fulgrim stirring in his slumber. It's a development of the Index Astartes idea that he disappeared some time after the Scouring to his own twisted pleasure-dimension and hasn't been back  to the Eye of Terror or the material plane much, if at all.

"A place of horror" could fit the bill for whatever hellscape Fulgrim is coiled up in. That said he's nowhere near as iconic a sleeper as the Lion and definitely doesn't fit into Njal's prophecy.

Makes me thing Mort vs Russ.

Russ should be after the entity that represents Life in universe, so he'd be attacking the gardens of nurgle to get to her

​No offense but nothing there screams Russ to me. I don't see him sleeping, or being stirred, or being an unlikely hero. And Mort's already awake.

​And there are still these unresolved engines...

RumourEngine-Oct31.jpgRumourEngineMay17.jpg

It makes sense. Fenrisian believe in a tree of life that can heal any disease or wound. It is similiar to a certain Eldar goddess, Isha. Isha is currently in Nurgle Garden, which would mean Russ is currently assaulting the gardens to get her. This would demand Mortarion to be called back to defend the gardens. If Russ could save Isha this would give the craftworlds a "primarch" level character and bring Russ back to the Imperium. It would also further tie Fenris as a artificial world made by the Eldar, connecting more Fenrisian legends to Eldar God's.

If this happens GW is just loving tieing the Eldar and 'umies together. Time to call in some orks to take them down a peg.

RumourEngineMay17.jpg

Isn't this from the new custodes HQ?

Russ should be after the entity that represents Life in universe, so he'd be attacking the gardens of nurgle to get to her

​No offense but nothing there screams Russ to me. I don't see him sleeping, or being stirred, or being an unlikely hero. And Mort's already awake.

I think that is FUlgrim with a 90% in my head, 10% being Rak'Gol.

I'de be very surprised if we get another deamon primarch before a loyal one, and if the lion comes so soon after the DA codex I will honestly be scratching my head.

------------

"brings twists and turns in a quest for salvation that takes an unlikely hero into the heart of darkness"

This part makes me think of Russ. As Russ is searching for something to heal the emperor.

Thats a Quest for salvation

I think that is FUlgrim with a 90% in my head, 10% being Rak'Gol.

I'de be very surprised if we get another deamon primarch before a loyal one, and if the lion comes so soon after the DA codex I will honestly be scratching my head.

------------

"brings twists and turns in a quest for salvation that takes an unlikely hero into the heart of darkness"

This part makes me think of Russ. As Russ is searching for something to heal the emperor.

Thats a Quest for salvation

And, to add to that:

IF he finds/frees Isha - or atleast occupied Mortarion and Nurgle's forces enough for that to happen - the Eldar would get their Goddess of Life back again.

This would allow some nice themes and more variety for the Ynnari - with a balance between Life and Death a la Ying and Yang, two sides of a coin, the reason why Yvraine cannot only kill but rejuvenate/reincarnate people aswell, blablayaddayadda...

(Of course, this can be picked up in a good way for new lore developments and models & rules - or really bad writing and cringy, unbalanced rules)

And with that task done, but 'granting' more/new life to the Emperor impossible or the opportunity gone for that, it would free Russ to focus on the Materium once more AND bring back some hostility between Imperium and Eldar again. (Instead of the loosely 'allied' status right now)

Archived