New releases for Dark Angels

Chaplain Raeven

I bought WD this morning and noticed the sgt on the DA intercessor box was leaning on his sword. I am surprised at the savings.

I agree Hellblasters seem the best for DA thanks to re-rolling ones if they don’t move but we will have to wait and see what the codex offers other units.

Based on early reviews of the BA Codex, they now have everything Ultramarines have except Thunderfire cannons and Centurions (both flavors). I can still see us not getting access to vanguard, sternguard, and a few other things that simply do not fit the Dark Angels lore. However, it seems centurions and Thunderfire are the "codex Marines" specific units.

Do you know if they got access to the iron clad dreadnought?  If Blood Angels got it, then hopefully we will too.  I think they would look pretty good in dark green.

Based on early reviews of the BA Codex, they now have everything Ultramarines have except Thunderfire cannons and Centurions (both flavors). I can still see us not getting access to vanguard, sternguard, and a few other things that simply do not fit the Dark Angels lore. However, it seems centurions and Thunderfire are the "codex Marines" specific units.

Do you know if they got access to the iron clad dreadnought?  If Blood Angels got it, then hopefully we will too.  I think they would look pretty good in dark green.

Blood Angels do not get Iron Clads.

Do you know if they got access to the iron clad dreadnought? If Blood Angels got it, then hopefully we will too. I think they would look pretty good in dark green.

Ah, the reviewer that I watched must have missed that. That is unfortunate as I would love to add Ironclads. Here is to hoping we get everything else, though.

Ah, the reviewer that I watched must have missed that. That is unfortunate as I would love to add Ironclads. Here is to hoping we get everything else, though.

Define "everything else". I don't think it would be wise to anticipate getting anything beyond what we know was added - hoping for anything else is just bound to disappoint when the unit you were really hoping for isn't in the Codex.

I think we will gain access to cataphractii (including the captain), tartaros, lieutenants, contemptors, scout bikes, hunters, stalkers, land speeder storm, Stormhawk, and stormraven.

Sternguard and vanguard are highly unlikely. Storm Talon is iffy since we have similar aircraft already. However, I would not be surprised to see it added since we are getting the Stormhawk and they are the same kit.

Essentially, it seems that they are reserving Thunderfires, Centurions (it makes sense considering the name), and Ironclad for Ultramarines (codex chapters). Those are their equivalents to Ravenwing Knights, Deathwing Knights, Land speeder Vengeance, and Dark Shrouds.

I’ve been so excited thinking about what we might get I forgot about the really cool things we might lose. Does anyone know if BA lost their bike and jump pack options from their HQs. I’m hoping if BA kept the jump pack options for Librarians and Sanginory priests then DA might keep the bike options for Librarians and Chaplains.

I guess there is always the index but it sucks they won’t be updated. My bike HQs are probably my favorite two models in my army.

Edited by JJD

I’ve been so excited thinking about what we might get I forgot about the really cool things we might lose. Does anyone know if BA lost their bike and jump pack options from their HQs. I’m hoping if BA kept the jump pack options for Librarians and Sanginory priests then DA might keep the bike options for Librarians and Chaplains.

I guess there is always the index but it sucks they won’t be updated. My bike HQs are probably my favorite two models in my army.

We never 'lost' the options. There are no models, so they won't be in the codex. You can still use them from the Index just fine. 

Also, I'm pretty sure the Stormhawk was already included in the small preview we got in a screenshot from White Dwarf, so we get that, even if we have our Nephilim. Chances are, it won't get the Ravenwing keyword, but be a Greenwing support flyer.

Also, the new termie suits are confirmed to be deathwing. Hopefully they can benefit from the rules specific to them

The article specifies Deathwing can use... so they should have any special rules that apply to Deathwing (such as auto-pass morale). However, stratagems may specify "Deathwing Terminator squad" or "Deathwing Cataphractii squad" which would prevent access.