[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Brothers, been reading through the thread and man this stuff is awesome. 

If there is room on the squad, I would love to join. Hoping to represent a marine of the Emperor's Spears -  I can fill any role required. 

Skovakarah uhl zarûn! 

So, at the moment it appears we have three new players looking to join the game - these are Noctus Cornix, Sun Reaver and Chaplain Dosjetka. I'm in discussions with them about their characters, though obviously any help you guys can provide would be awesome.

With regards to the Emperor's Spears, we would need to look at advances for them. I haven't read the new book yet, so can you provide some guidance on what they're like? 

CM, after some searching on both the 40k wiki and Lexicanium what I've figured out for the Emperor's Spears seems to be the following:

Ultramarine Gene Stock

25th Founding

Codex Complaint.... mostly

Like their Air Assets

Large Fleet

Use non-codex approved squad / company markings

Use Legion era Helm Plumes

Have a history of combat with two different Space Marine Chapters (Star Scorpions and Celestial Lions) both side by side and against.

Rules wise, if you'd like I can keep looking into things.

Might end up leaving Vaidan to Mol and starting anew with Rodrik Ghent, Tactical Marine of the Invaders Chapter.

Invaders!

Always liked those sons of Dorn.  Beating up the Eldar, then getting Ogrys blown to bits.  Fun times to be had after fighting off Daemons with the grey knights...oh the fireside stories ;)

Noctus and Sun Reaver, welcome both. :)

Reyner, so you want to play a Devastator...hmm... ;)  The big guns never tire my friend.

MR.

Only up until the point we're in combat :wink:

After that, it's time to flex those Pecs, like Steel and AT :wink:

MR.

Just wait till Tyber can get a power weapon (or two... maybe upgrade his arming sword?)... too bad I've got to wait for a bit to get to "respected" at least, though "distinguished" is better.

Also, holy :censored: ! Thunder Hammers are awesome after the Erata.... makes me wonder how CM will handle them in time... (as in one handed or two handed? A case can be made for both, thanks to actual GW Space Marines miniatures in PA using them...)

Steel Company is bang on. I’ve also read ADB’s latest book on them so I have a strong understanding of their organization and chapter culture.

They hail from the ocean planet, Nemeton. The people of their planet and the marines interact quite regularly though they hide their sons from the marines as they are afraid of their sons being taken. They hide their sons from the marines and instruct them to avoid their gaze. Most parents with sons are openly uncomfortable and make signs of warding or even spit on the ground. My favorite part is they view being selected by the marines as a curse rather than an honor.

The planet has 12 tribes and all have had their young sons join the chapter at some point. When the marines communicate with one another, they call each other the name of the tribe from which they hail. It’s also a greeting in a way. For example, if a brother who originally hailed from the Vargantes tribe walked into a room, another brother could respond with ‘Hail Vargantes.’

The marines are also quite direct and frequently insult one another in a fraternal manner. Imagine a bunch of your closest friends in a room taking shots at one another. It’s all in good sport and quite humorous. They also seems to dislike the Ultramarines and their more stringent successors. They refer to Guilliman as fake and a monster pretending to be their dead primarch.

Their chapter master is High King Arucatas (might be incorrect spelling, going off memory) and their companies are called Warhosts. Members of their first company are called Paragons, they have given up their right to ascend the ranks and focus on being the best fighters in the chapter.

Their librarians, technarines, chaplains, and apothecaries roles are combined into one and refered to as Druids. In the novel, both Druids mentioned have both the tools of an apothecary and techmarines. One of them held a crozius while the other had a psychic hood and force weapon.

They are aggressive, but not foolhardy. They specialize in rapid orbital deployments and air to ground warfare. They often redeploy quickly during engagements. Their battle cry means ‘redden the earth.’

The chapter uses red markings and tattoos to symbolize their deeds. Could be other meanings as well. The marines also have pelts, trinkets, scales hides, and other paraphernalia that have been gifted to them from the people of Nemeton.

They are part of the Astartes Vaelarii which consists of the 3 space marine chapter sworn to protect the region known as Elara’s Veil. The other two chapters are the Celestial Lions and the Star Scorpions (now deceased).

Hope that helps!

Dos - 

I'm happy to offer an Invaders character the following: 

-> +10 WP 

-> Hunter of Aliens (In relation to Eldar only - you will need to take the full talent to apply it to other alien races) 

-> You may use the Solo and Squad modes available to the Storm Wardens, though you should rename them to fit the Invaders.

I will email you a link to a character sheet. 

Reaver - It's up to you what you'd like to do with your Spear character - you can choose any of the specialities - Tactical Marine, Assault Marine, Devastator, Apothecary or Techmarine. At the moment, the squad has: 

• Two Tactical Marines (Novamarine and Storm Sons - White Scar Successor)
  • Three Assault Marines (Dark Angels successor, Blood Angels successor and Raptor) 
  • One Devastator (Astral Claw)
  • Sanguinary Priest / Apothecary - (Blood Angels successor) 
  • Techmarine (Iron Hand)

Potentially adding: 

• Librarian (Crimson Fist)
  • Tactical Marine (Invader - Fists successor)
  • Devastator? (Reyner?)

Reyner - can you let me know your thoughts on a Devastator? We don't have any Salamander successors if that's something you're thinking of? (Storm Giants seem like they'd be a potential?) 

As much as possible I'd like to avoid the First Legions - additionally, I don't want any more of the Badab Chapters (so no Carcharadons, Lamenters, etc.) Feel free to have a think about a few options and I can help you out with which might be the best fit for the game. 

EDIT: A reminder - this game is set in 918.M41, which does mean some of our more "famous" 40k events haven't happened yet! Feel free to consult the 40k timeline if that helps. Additionally, it appears due to the vagaries of astropathic transmission that news of the Badab War has yet to reach Watch-Station Azurea... 

Edited by Commissar Molotov