[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Updated: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344357-blackthornswordhand-the-worm-turns/?p=5358620

I'm going to keep you fellas busy :wink: (Without ruining Mol's carefully laid plans of course).

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I got to agree with Apologist, it's a pain to read the yellow on mobile... I've got to highlight the text to read it....

Apologist, I've been working on something for Tyber's next post that includes Yeng doing Medicaid on him and holding him down by the chest while using the injection port on the leg, would it be possible for you to include those little details when Yeng gets around to tending to Tyber?

Can I jump over the parapet and into the courtyard below to speed up my movement towards the group?

You absolutely can.  The vertical drop is sufficient that a controlled fall will be harmless to you.  They are within sound distance so, 30m away from the parapet.  A run will carry you to just behind the group.

@ Morovir, I'm not sure if your OOC meant for me to roll on your behalf or tell you what rolls were needed?

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I got you covered Apologist, in this case it's an awareness test based on hearing (you clever lad :wink:

So we need to check your Stat for that, which in this case will be Perception.  Have a look at your sheet - that will be your base stat.

Now, we have to consider if there's anything which will modify your Stat.  In this case we have two immediate bonuses to apply +10 from your Marine implants and +10 from your armour's systems.  You normally always get these whilst your armour is on and you're trying to see and hear stuff.

Further, because you roleplayed and used that noggin, you've been allowed a Stat Bonus, which is the first number of your base Stat.  All these bonuses are cumulative, so it would look like this.

Stat: Perception

Value: 45 (example)

Bonuses: +10, Senses, +10 Armour = 65

Your Stat Bonus would be '4'

Total = 69.

We now need to roll a D100 against this and see how well - or badly? - you do.  :wink:

Let's see how good those Gatebreaker ears are!

Reyner: is that two weeks until Baby Reyner?  Is all going well with that?

And yes, mate, full auto shotty or half action, ready launcher, half action fire launcher.  You'll need an awareness test mind - Yeng goes *after* you :wink:  If you join squad mode, you can then use your reaction to make a single shot with the boomstick or if you have the nuketube up on your shoulder, you can pop a shot with that.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I got you covered Apologist, in this case it's an awareness test based on hearing (you clever lad :wink:

So we need to check your Stat for that, which in this case will be Perception.  Have a look at your sheet - that will be your base stat.

Now, we have to consider if there's anything which will modify your Stat.  In this case we have two immediate bonuses to apply +10 from your Marine implants and +10 from your armour's systems.  You normally always get these whilst your armour is on and you're trying to see and hear stuff.

Further, because you roleplayed and used that noggin, you've been allowed a Stat Bonus, which is the first number of your base Stat.  All these bonuses are cumulative, so it would look like this.

Stat: Perception

Value: 45 (example)

Bonuses: +10, Senses, +10 Armour = 65

Your Stat Bonus would be '4'

Total = 69.

We now need to roll a D100 against this and see how well - or badly? - you do.  :wink:

Ah, brilliant! Thanks for the thorough rundown.

Let's see how good those Gatebreaker ears are!

For [REDACTED] reasons, I need to add a -5 modifier on that, too.

So, running through:

Perception stat is 43

Bonuses: +10 Senses, +10 Armour, -5 [REDACTED]: 58

Stat bonus is 4

Total: 62

Two D10s: first die 10 and second die 3 – is that 30 or 13?

@Mazer Rackham: All as well as it can be thank you :smile.: she's in breach position so got a C-Section booked which at least is a bit less stressful for everyone involved but still pretty big. Vorr has his shotgun up so the plan is to join squad mode and fire with the shotgun. 

edit: I'll make a post tomorrow before we all go full Predator and nuke everything around us! Hehe that makes Tyber Blaine in this situation!

Edited by Reyner

You are most welcome :smile.:

That, good fellow is a 13.

We now compare this to you total score including ALL bonuses, so:

Total: 62

D100 Roll = 13

This results in a Pass, which means the test has succeeded and 4 Degrees of Success.

A Degree of Success is measured in every full 10 points below your target number, so:

13 (Pass), 23, 33, 43, 53.  This is equates to five (!) Degrees of Success or DoS (not the Moderator...)

The Lictor is attempting to evade your detection and also had to roll against DoS and now it's down to the winner, the one who has the better DoS wins.

Shall we find out?

Morovir: In that case good sir, can you please roll a Strength, Tech Use +20 and a Perception roll for me?

Reyner: :O Oh my word - you and Mrs Reyner have my best wishes!

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Reyner, both my kids came via C-Section, the hard part for Mrs. SC was dealing with not being able to lift anything heavier than our kids for a couple of weeks afterwards. For me it was the lack of sleep was I was doing everything for my wife during those first two weeks.

Still you'll be amazed by everything your little girl will do, and how well you'll operate with little to no sleep. :wink: