[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Petragor and Adesro - I would encourage you both to requisition a fire selector for your combi-meltas. Particularly in Maladon's case, as I assume you will choose to replace the bolter with the combi-melta. Having the fire selector gives you greater flexibility when it comes to your Special Issue Ammunition.

I don't have special-issue ammunition, I'm an Assault Marine.

I'll just stick to normal thanks. Although, another modification might be nice. @CM would a red-dot sight work on a Combibolter with Melta? The base modification can't be used with meltaguns, but I'm not sure if this counts...

Plasma pistol! No marine sidearm is more stylish. ;)

Agreed, plus bonus style points if it's the elegant looking Heresy era version like in the MkIV Tac Squad set...

Edit: What kind of things might we want to club together for, Swordhand? I'm guessing it's mostly the big stuff like if the Devs want to carry alternative heavy weapons? (I'm not sure if it was mentioned in jest, but I do think Vorr would look pretty cool carrying Akkad's Cadence, and 40 Req doesn't sound too bad between all of us?)

Also, I know I took Demo off of Titus' sheet as one of the losses to pay for Guerilla Training, but did Vorkys keep it? If so, could be worth clubbing together and gifting our Sgt with one for the mission? (That said, it seems like we've got a few combi-meltas on the squad already so it might not be needed...)

Decided to adjust my refund xp purchases:

- Awareness +10 - 400 xp

- Dodge +10 - 400 xp

- Lore: Forbidden (Adeptus Astartes) +10 - 400 xp

- Rapid Reload - 300 xp

1500 xp total

Edited by Necronaut

Edit: What kind of things might we want to club together for, Swordhand? I'm guessing it's mostly the big stuff like if the Devs want to carry alternative heavy weapons? (I'm not sure if it was mentioned in jest, but I do think Vorr would look pretty cool carrying Akkad's Cadence, and 40 Req doesn't sound too bad between all of us?)

Also, I know I took Demo off of Titus' sheet as one of the losses to pay for Guerilla Training, but did Vorkys keep it? If so, could be worth clubbing together and gifting our Sgt with one for the mission? (That said, it seems like we've got a few combi-meltas on the squad already so it might not be needed...)

If Reyner would like to get his hands on Cadence, I'd be happy to donate those 20 Req I'd use for a Motion Predictor otherwise. I'm fairly content toting a heavy bolter for now!

That said, I also took a peek at the bulkhead shears from Rites of Battle, which look really, really scary stat-wise. They could get us through locked doors in the shipwrecks we may end up exploring and can be carried by any one of us - no Demolition skill needed. This assumes that Mol is okay with us using RoB weapons, of course.

Edited by AHorriblePerson

If Reyner would like to get his hands on Cadence, I'd be happy to donate those 20 Req I'd use for a Motion Predictor otherwise. I'm fairly content toting a heavy bolter for now!

That said, I also took a peek at the bulkhead shears from Rites of Battle, which look really, really scary stat-wise. They could get us through locked doors in the shipwrecks we may end up exploring and can be carried by any one of us - no Demolition skill needed. This assumes that Mol is okay with us using RoB weapons, of course.

Need to convince your resident tech marine to spring for the breaching augur for maximum rip & tear. ;)

After taking time t think on it more CM, Tyber's equipment load:

Standard equipment:

Arming Sword (Sig Wargear)

Harvest (Sig Wargear)

Sonnet (Bolt Pistol)

Krak Grenades (3)

Frag Grenades (3)

Requisition equipment:

Plasma Pistol (25 Rec.)

That should leave an extra 20 for Blackthorn to work with.

Does that look good to you CM?

Need to convince your resident tech marine to spring for the breaching augur for maximum rip & tear. :wink:

I thought about bringing that up, but wouldn't adesro need a Servo-Harness to carry it comfortably?

Need to convince your resident tech marine to spring for the breaching augur for maximum rip & tear. :wink:

I thought about bringing that up, but wouldn't adesro need a Servo-Harness to carry it comfortably?

Pretty sure that's what Techmarines come with out of the tin, ain't it?

I looked it up, and it seems like they don't - Techmarine-specific starting equipment consists of their boltgun, a servo-arm which is specified as being part of their power armor and one cybernetic replacement. A harness would cost Maladon 50 Req and he'd need renown level 'Famed'.

Edit - got ninja'd by SC!

Edited by AHorriblePerson

You can, technically, replace the Servo-Arm with a Breaching Augur if the GM allows it (I, personally, wouldnt pre-rank 4 after the experiences Ive had with it); I was able to in a previous game a good 5 years back now where we wouldn't be needing the arm to repair or lift things. The main reason being that, while it is a cybernetic, its attached to you via your Power Armor and the only thing you were replacing was the head of the tool itself.

The Techmarine really comes online at Rank 4, however, when they have access to making their own suit of Artificer Armor, the Forge Lord specialization and access to a Servo-Harness. Bonus points for loading up on THE FLESH IS WEAK, among other things, and walking around with AP values nearing, if not surpassing, TDA (minus the forcefield). Couple it with a high toughness bonus and I have been able to make characters with damage reduction in the 40s (before AP and other mods).

Edited by Slips

Steel - Plasma pistol is fine, even if you are going full Cypher..!

AHP - I'm happy for a Swordhand member to requisition Bulkhead Shears. They are bulky (effectively a two-handed weapon) and so this is something that should be kept in mind.

Edited by Commissar Molotov