Ad Mech VS Necrons Box in March

Charlo

Fast, fun small Knights. Not a bad deal if the Forgebane set is priced for $180-ish. I can grab two of these now, then another couple when they come out with some new variants. I feel like two of these along with a full sized Knight will be a nice little addition to my AdMech forces.

I'm really tempted to convert the heat spear into a heat spear!

A decent shield in the other hand and we have a mini lancer

Then run my lancer and 2-4 'lancets' and cavalry charge ahoy!

Since I may run these painted gold with my Custodes, I would consider such a conversion myself. Can I ask how you would do this modeling wise?

I'm really tempted to convert the heat spear into a heat spear!

A decent shield in the other hand and we have a mini lancer

Then run my lancer and 2-4 'lancets' and cavalry charge ahoy!

Since I may run these painted gold with my Custodes, I would consider such a conversion myself. Can I ask how you would do this modeling wise?

Just using the chainblade arm, remove the chainblade section itself and then plasticard scratch build for the lance.

Basically copy the design of the Lancer really.

And then work out how to do the shield.

Provisionally it works in my head, when I've got it in hand it'll be easier to plan out

Hmm... I wonder how I'll show that one of my Armigers is half-commoner... My Dragoon squad leader I converted some extra decoration to represent they are a noble who suffered psychosis-neuracanium so their younger sibling who would otherwise have been destined to be a Sacristan got the full knight while they were turned into Skitarii. Now with an Armiger I can add a half-sibling.

So i have seen forgebane ;-)

the knight is 223  base , So 227points , with the stubber (4 points), or you can pay for the melta pintle, sadly didn't manage to see the cost of that , but probably quite a bit more Im guessing 17 , in line with the other knights.

So fully loaded at 240 , Special rules wise they have vehicle squadron too, so 3 can be one drop and then operate individually providing they deploy 6 away from each other.

No other special rules other than ion shields, it has assault weapons anyway so its moving and firing , and we dont really care too much for stubbers.

Edited by synthaside

Well I think this might be too expensive for my Custodes army but I might be able to fit three in my AdMech. Honestly hoped they’d come in a little cheaper so I think I’ll be using the stubbed to save 51 points on the formation.

Oh wow that’s quite high points wise. I hope that won’t affect sales. Be a shame if people don’t buy these as they are pointed too highly.

I doubt it will since the box is such a good deal, but GW really shot themselves in the foot coming out the gate here with the new knights in my opinion.

This box plus skitarii box plus enginseer = ready to rock +/- a unit or 2

So with the contents of these boxes I've got a list of 1,326 with the purchase of an additional armiger to fill the LOW and enginseer to replace the 2nd Dominus

1 x 6 rangers with 2 arquebus

2 x 7 vanguard

And a neutron laser onager

Under stygies forgeworld for infiltrate/cover shenanigans

Edited by helterskelter

This box plus skitarii box plus enginseer = ready to rock +/- a unit or 2

So with the contents of these boxes I've got a list of 1,326 with the purchase of an additional armiger to fill the LOW and enginseer to replace the 2nd Dominus

1 x 6 rangers with 2 arquebus

2 x 7 vanguard

And a neutron laser onager

Under stygies forgeworld for infiltrate/cover shenanigans

This box will push my Admech to over 3000 points, very cheap additions :)

Before anyone reads too much into what they think of the points cost, don't forget this is in an initial release box. GW is much more receptive to feedback and it could easily be adjusted in the future.

Oh absolutely, I'm actually hopeful that because they overpriced it by a rather large margin it's more likely to be fixed in the imperial knights codex (if it was 215 with the melta I could see them just leaving it at that cost) It's a really cool model and I'll field them but they're not actually worth it at the moment.

Not that much overpriced. in fact should be super fun to play in detachments...

Well, it does roughly what one onager and two dragoons do. Which cost almost the same. And got twice the wounds, better stratagems, better repair, better AT range, and forgeworld dogma. I'll build and paint the two of them, but I'm in no hurry to get more, or field them outside of really big games, where they decorate the Atropos with a matching look.

so yea, robot replacements down to point cost. Still a bit disappointing, but considering they can free up a slot, can do both range and melee, and can move a lot faster than the robots and still shoot, I think it's a trade off worthy of at least some consideration. They have Forgeworld dogmas though?

so yea, robot replacements down to point cost. Still a bit disappointing, but considering they can free up a slot, can do both range and melee, and can move a lot faster than the robots and still shoot, I think it's a trade off worthy of at least some consideration. They have Forgeworld dogmas though?

Nope, no Forgeworld dogmas. They either get Questor Mechanicus or Questor Imperialis keyword, so, besides stratagems and very limited repair, that's it.

And I'm playing Lucius. My robots might still be slow, but at least they teleport.