Ad Mech VS Necrons Box in March

Charlo

I'm excited although the balance in price between the two sets seem odd to me. I made a quick calculation (so it might be wrong)
Prices in GBP. 

Necrons 
Lychguard 20.5 
Cryptek 9.5 
Immortals 20.5 
Canopek wraiths 28.5 
Total Necrons: £79 

Admech 
Tech priest dominus 22 
Skitarii 23.5 
Total without armigers: £45.5 

79-45.5=33.5. So 33.5 would be the difference for the knights and since there's two of them they should be £16.75 each. Anyone else feel like we're getting the way longer end of the stick from this box haha?

And I realise it's not very likely but I'd be so happy if these knights were Fast Attack or Elites. It'd make it way more fun to try and make a brigade then

Edited by PiñaColada

Still begs the question of where the Armiger will fall faction-wise in the 40k game, outside of the boxed set. Not really interested in the Necrons, but I want to get my digits wrapped around at least a couple Armigers... to start. I have a wonderfully diabolical idea that spawned in the back of my brain and it keeps growing.

If hermanista is right with those other knight kits (and I think we can assume that they will come, given that he was right about this box pretty early) they will be in the new Knight Codex, which will probably have a new name. 

Still begs the question of where the Armiger will fall faction-wise in the 40k game, outside of the boxed set. Not really interested in the Necrons, but I want to get my digits wrapped around at least a couple Armigers... to start. I have a wonderfully diabolical idea that spawned in the back of my brain and it keeps growing.

Definitely Questor, I'd assume Mechanicum too

The question I have, how long until the robot knights are released as a separate kit...3m?

well, seeing what GW did with AoS blightwar box, it should be around 3 or 4 month delay...

aside to the weapons options available in this box for the mini knights, we now have to know:

- release date

- price

- rules! Because this is a totally new mini/genre/size by itself. Maybe close to what a redemptor is... (the most probable in my humble opinion)

I didn't want to start necron but this is a really nice invitation to to it... and I'll probably do it. Nice move GW!

BTW, NEEEEEEEEEED!

Im pretty happy with this box set on the strength of the knights, im even fortunate that one of my pals has already agreed to split it with me :-) ...

" buuuuuut "  and as always here's my small but significant gripe.

I really didn't need any more rangers / Vanguard they also SPECIFICALLY say rangers rather than Skitari, o.O .
I wonder if that means there will be no rad carbines in the boxes and this is a " reduced Sprew / spru  
(no idea and google doesn't wanna help) or if this is just a rules/listing issue.

I dont need any more TPD's of the same boring model ,  a big missed opportunity for another HQ choice , model wise Im not in the least bit bothered,
I've got around 15 sat unassembled and 6 units worth of painted Skitari so these will just go in the pile or on some trade sites.

Edited by synthaside

I call that Dragoon Itis ..... I have a thousand yard stare from building 5 in a weekend, So many fiddly legs ... so many pistons and cogs.

A third spelling of sprue .... and suddenly that one looks right ....   <  01001100 01100001 01101110 01100111 01110101 01100001 01100111 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01110100 01110010 01101001 01111000 00100000 01000110 01100001 01101001 01101100 01110101 01110010 01100101 >

Im pretty happy with this box set on the strength of the knights, im even fortunate that one of my pals has already agreed to split it with me :-) ...

" buuuuuut "  and as always here's my small but significant gripe.

I really didn't need any more rangers / Vanguard they also SPECIFICALLY say rangers rather than Skitari, o.O .

I wonder if that means there will be no rad carbines in the boxes and this is a " reduced Sprew / spru  

(no idea and google doesn't wanna help) or if this is just a rules/listing issue.

I dont need any more TPD's of the same boring model ,  a big missed opportunity for another HQ choice , model wise Im not in the least bit bothered,

I've got around 15 sat unassembled and 6 units worth of painted Skitari so these will just go in the pile or on some trade sites.

The start collecting formation specifically mentioned vanguard. Then it specifically mentioned rangers after a reprint. It's the same sprue as ever.

CADing and tooling a new sprue is damn expensive. The slightly reduced amount of plastic would never counter that cost. Box sets like this are a way of selling stuff that people don't really need any more of, but buy anyway because the other box components. None of us would have bought an onager separately after the Start Collecting box hit, because even if you don't need any more dominii or vanguard/ranger, it's just too good a deal for 13€ more.

And having a few more dominii is fine by me. I'll slap the weapons on FW secutors (for more variety dominii) and use the techpriest models as vehicle crew or for other conversions. The baneblade has one, the macharius will probably, and maybe the ordinatus will get one too. Just because why not.

That cryptek won't be less that 18 quid I reckon.

No, that's probably true I just used the price for a cryptek from GWs website. Thing is, even if it's £10 more it still seems like admech get a lot more out of this box. As I said earlier, a redemptor dreadnought is £40 and the armigers look roughly as big to my eye. This box has two of them, I don't really get it (not that I complain)

They are more spindly, seeing them there and the similarity to the station legs, I'm wondering if they'll be in a similar price bracket

If I read the pics correctly, the knight has 3 sprues, same number and size as the redemptor. Which could mean a roughly similar price.

The more I think about this the more hyped I am, Anyone want to start playing points guessing games .... 

I'm thinking about how much I want to run  the,  2 knights,  3 dragoons, two ballistari  and 3  crawler as a fully mechanised force , Troops be dammed , my  tpd's and seers can hide at the back ... 

Edited by synthaside

Just took a closer look at the knightling sprues.There are (as far as I see it correctly) just the weapons you already saw on the 360° video.

But: Except for the carapace melta weapon, all weapons, armour plates and the face are placed on a single sprue, which would make additional variants easy to do - change the symbols on the armour plates, different face, different weapons. No need to redo the parts that stay the same (torso, legs), just re-release them with a different weapons/plate/face sprue. Unlike the current knight, which still has all the old sprues in there too.

I'm trying to decide if I will get two or three. Two for sure, unless Armigers are just total garbage. If I don't buy a third outright I'll split one with a friend. So much great stuff in here!