Ad Mech VS Necrons Box in March

Charlo

I like my Cawl but I agree with others.... I don’t think he’s the best option here.

I also imagine an Armiger will be around Cawl in points. I’d rather have more commmand points to double roll repairs on them. Also I’m looking at 3 of them for a detachment, skipping my Crusader Knight. Saving the points hopefully allows me my staple of Onager Dunecrawlers surrounded by Jazz Hands without getting crowded in T1.

What I’m really hoping is the Armiger can Tank some CC. I’ve always loved the Dragoons but they carry a very heavy load every game. I really don’t think it will be the multimelta that wins me over.

Now I gotta find a friend who’s willing to split 2 boxes, or else I’m in danger of starting Necrons again. Lol

silly question to ask but has anyone done a rough points breakdown on the things in the box i know it will not be perfect but we should have a rough idea of the points break down and these things tend to be fairly even?

Roughly 500 for the Necrons, about 200 for Mechanicum. So that would make armigers about 150 points.

That might very well be true, don't know necrons so can't really comment on them. Admech is 195 minimum though (125 for a base TPD and 70 for 10 rangers, stock) but considering they're showing them with an transuranic arquebus, an arc rifle and a guy with a phosphor blast pistol they're actually 227 points. (+25,+4,+3 respectively) So unless the necrons are actually a bit higher in points than you said it doesn't seem likely that they'll match in points (I highly doubt that an armiger is less than 150)

The necron estimate was bare-bones as well, and that seems to be a new special character who may have a higher cost. Personally I expect the Armigers to be in that 150-200 point range depending on equipment.

The necron Cryptek isn’t a special character.

What I’m really hoping is the Armiger can Tank some CC. I’ve always loved the Dragoons but they carry a very heavy load every game. I really don’t think it will be the multimelta that wins me over.

This is my big hope for the unit, I need something abit tougher than a Dragoon that can get down to business in CC

I know we have CC Kastalan robots but I'm very interested in what the difference between units will be.

So doing the rounds is a leaked price, based on a 3rd party posting it early on their site for 160 USD .
If we directly compare this to blight-war which is 160 USD direct from GW, It could mean that it's going to cost  95  glorious tokens of the realm.

Might have a word with my store manager about " pre pre" order

Edited by synthaside

Any guesses as to what a single armiger will cost on its own down the line?

40?

I am not in a hurry to buy. But will want two. I can safely assume that if I have no interest in necrons, Rangers or a TPD - that waiting and purchasing 2 individual armigers will be cheaper then the cost of the forgebane set?

That would be logical yes?

Any guesses as to what a single armiger will cost on its own down the line?

40?

I am not in a hurry to buy. But will want two. I can safely assume that if I have no interest in necrons, Rangers or a TPD - that waiting and purchasing 2 individual armigers will be cheaper then the cost of the forgebane set?

That would be logical yes?

I'd say between £35-40. So the two of them will most likely be cheaper than the whole box if you don't try and resell. They also get more weapon options when sold separately I'd wager. I need another box of rangers anyways so this box seems worth it, just as long as you magnetise the knights you'll probably not lose out on anything by getting them here rather than later. (Since they're not mono-pose) I am salty about the TPD though. I, like the vast majority of admech players, have way too many of them lying around now. 

My guess there's going to be floods of cheap bits from these kits on eBay and the various trading sites, it will make TPD's very cheap for years to come. Most imperial players ive spoken to want the knights  and are gonna ebay the rest ....  As ad mech were just able to give them a stratagem or two ;-) 

Couldn't agree more on the HQ problems for us  we did NOT need another tpd, its such a missed opportunity to not give us another one , i know having a TPE running the expedition doesn't feel epic, but we could have had a tech priest Exploritor or Errant

I currently have Cawl, painted Metallica , 1 TPE ,  2 GW TPD's sold one month ago to fund my female Tpd from wargames exclusive, ( non nude one.)  Maybe i'll do a TPE conversion  using a data-smith  another model we get lots of and barely field , and some bits from the TPE spru but i so rarely want to feild more than 1 .

Edited by synthaside

Cheers for the input. Ageee a unique character could of been cool.

Could one use the war game exclusive model in tournaments like LVO? Looks cool and no reason for Admech to be a sausage fest. The range has some interesting models but some of the nudes are a little cringey for the non 14 amongst us :P

Couldn't agree more there, many of their models go way too tasteless on the nudity, which is funny because I understand their lead designer/sculptor is female.  I wanted a unique 3rd TPD as the two hat swaps dont really make much difference she was by far the best option including many conversions i saw and as I rarely play cawl when I run a brigade it was a no-brainer,  plus its really easy when asked which one is the warlord ... well, it's obviously her.

Taking her to events / Tournaments isn't really viable... many have a WYSIWYG restriction or A GW model clause mean its better to bring a standard TPD.  She's well loved at my club, which make up most of my attended events. You can try emailing the organizers but many larger events have sponsorship or prize support and they will jeopardize it if they allow non GW proxies , no matter how kick ass she is,  its also not smart to use her in a GW store,  the model is fantastic and she is the same dimensions as a TPD.

I asked the London GT as im entering the narrative event if she could go ... they advice was its not a GW model or a coversion made of 50% or more GW parts so it cant be allowed.

My advice ... dont hesitate to buy from WGE , the quality of resin and sculpt can put forge world to shame , but remember she is a fancy proxy at the end of the day, You must be prepared to accept an opponent saying... thats not a TPD please remove it from the feild , ( have another in your case)

We have gone wayyyy off base ... though ... should have put her in the forgebane box ...

Edited by synthaside

So back on topic.... did I miss the price? US/CAD? I'm just curious as I know some Necron people I can split this with..... man I hope all our strats relate to this Armiger unit (don't see why it wouldn't).

The idea of taking  3 of these + a Battalion is really tempting if only we had a clue of points which probably won't happen until shipping week. :(

There was a picture on BoLS I think where you could see all the sprues and the weapon sprue (which is separate and only has the weapons on it) unfortunately only seems to have those weapons. The carapace weapons was on another sprue though if I recall correctly. So I think no weapon options from this box but they should be easily upgradeable, so just magnetise

Only what is shown on the model. Carapace weapon is on the carapace sprue, head/armour plates/arm weapons (but not arm joints) are on a separate one. Makes releasing variants easier, just switch one sprue or add one for more weapons.

I really hope that GW finally fully clued in that if they consider the placement of objects on the sprew/s more carefully they really can create more flexibility for themselves to offer their customers more variety. It really is a balancing act, as you try to fit all the parts into a limited area all while needing then to also cast correctly, but I've been puzzled by some of GWs choices in the past. It will be interesting if this is what they're going to do with this kit (read: offer more weapon options at a future time) and if it will indicate more of this kind of design in the future.

The IK has vital parts of the chassis on the same sprue as the default weapons, which had to happen on such a big sprue. The additional sprue was the only way to get more options out there, without tooling molds (=wasting space) on bitz that are already in the existing sprue.

What sticks out is that the current placement on the armiger sprue would make variants comparable to the Cerastus. All Cerastus have the same legs and torso, but get different armour plates (for example knightly (Acheron) or AdMech (Atropos)), different heads, and different weapons. Exactly these parts are on one sprue for the Armiger, meaning they could either add a weapons sprue for the full box (rough estimate: 2 more options per sprue), or release the 2 torso/legs sprues with different armour/weapons/head sprues.

I really hope that GW finally fully clued in that if they consider the placement of objects on the sprew/s more carefully they really can create more flexibility for themselves to offer their customers more variety. It really is a balancing act, as you try to fit all the parts into a limited area all while needing then to also cast correctly, but I've been puzzled by some of GWs choices in the past. It will be interesting if this is what they're going to do with this kit (read: offer more weapon options at a future time) and if it will indicate more of this kind of design in the future.

I would assume that's what the Helliger box will have.

It'll be really interesting, and unexpected, if the Armiger can only be built with Mechanicus style armour. Will the general release kit have another sprue with imperial shin and shoulder plates? Will they leave it to Forgeworld to make imperial armour plates? Will there be a lore reason all Armigers have Mechanicus armour? Will the other rumoured new knights have Mechanicus or imperial armour?

It'll be really interesting, and unexpected, if the Armiger can only be built with Mechanicus style armour. Will the general release kit have another sprue with imperial shin and shoulder plates? Will they leave it to Forgeworld to make imperial armour plates? Will there be a lore reason all Armigers have Mechanicus armour? Will the other rumoured new knights have Mechanicus or imperial armour?

The shoulder pads are on the weapon sprue so these ones are admech styled. Meaning anyone that dislikes the "cogshoulders" will probably either have to wait or magnetise and tough it out until they have an individual release