Ad Mech VS Necrons Box in March

Charlo

I'd guess M12" BS3+ WS3+ S7 T7 W14 A4 LD8 Sv3+ and a 5+ invulvn against shooting (well maybe not but I hope)

The thermal spear , which is a badass name has the stats of the old thermal cannon and shorter range I'd guess. So Range 24" Heavy D3 S9 AP-4 Dmg D6 (12" melta range)

The reaper chain cleaver is a weaker chainsword so maybe S+3 AP-3 Dmg 3

Pure speculation but something like this would be interesting.

Just a thought, could maybe have the below if the points are low enough for the armigers (220 ish)

Super heavy detachment

1x knight crusader

1x armiger

1x armiger

Outrider detachment - stygies

1x TPD (warlord with monitor malevolous)

1x dragoon

1x dragoon

1x dragoon

Patrol detachment - mars

1x Cawl

5x Rangers

4x dakastelan robots

7 Command points

Whilst that wouldn’t probably be competitive it would be a fun looking army

Why even bother with the patrol and that Heretek Cawl ....  

Super heavy detachment 3CP  ( TBC)  probably around 7-800 at a guess

1x knight crusader   ( all the Dakka)   
1x armiger
1x armiger

Battalion detachment - stygies   889 points

1 X TPD stock, the warlord with monitor malevolous

1 X TPE  Relic  ( The Omniscient Mask )   [ Re-roll failed to hit rolls for Skitari units, dragoons have the keyword] 

3 X 5 Man Barebones Rangers   [ Objective campers]
1 X 3 man  dragoon squad     [ CHARGGGGGEEEEE  ]
1 X 3 man  dragoon squad
1 x 3 man  dragoon squad 

Based on what you have left you can sprinkle good units as you playstyle warrants , For my money that's some -1 to hit robots,
a 20 man blob of your favourite deep striking Electro priests, or Dunecrawlers to sit at the back with the TPD.
 9 command points  

Edited by synthaside

Ok, well maybe not allllll the toys ;-) I was too lazy to fire up the scribe on my phone for the detachment I looked at the base cost of 320 before weapons  and Extrapolated as we have no idea on the Armiger's  eventual math still works even if you do though  your just spending some of the wiggle room before you hit 2K.

Edited by synthaside

Dont worry about me im just salty because I got beat by a split cawl / Stygies detachment  at the weekend 5 game event , 
;-) , I dont beleive  in mixing an matching unless im painted that way ... and my OCD refuses to let me field Rainbow rangers.

Dont worry about me im just salty because I got beat by a split cawl / Stygies detachment  at the weekend 5 game event , 

;-) , I dont beleive  in mixing an matching unless im painted that way ... and my OCD refuses to let me field Rainbow rangers.

I actually agree with you on the BS of mixing factions. I regularly see Cadian or whatever IG detachments with a Supreme Command that is Tallarn to let a Shadowsword outflank. It gets a pass because its easy to remember one model but its painted the exact same way as the rest of the army. That is wrong, in my opinion. It's also why I only play mono-regiment.

The real question is how many points do these bad boys cost...

I'd say low 200's, considering they're packing a modest amount of guns. Maybe 230ish for the stats I wrote above?

They'd need to be around 150 to be an even match for the Necron army in terms of points values. The rest of the AdMech stuff totals to just under 200, and the Necron point values are around 500.

Dont worry about me im just salty because I got beat by a split cawl / Stygies detachment at the weekend 5 game event ,

;-) , I dont beleive in mixing an matching unless im painted that way ... and my OCD refuses to let me field Rainbow rangers.

I actually agree with you on the BS of mixing factions. I regularly see Cadian or whatever IG detachments with a Supreme Command that is Tallarn to let a Shadowsword outflank. It gets a pass because its easy to remember one model but its painted the exact same way as the rest of the army. That is wrong, in my opinion. It's also why I only play mono-regiment.
Is it a really old shadowsword with no sponsons? No way it would fit in the 7” deployment otherwise.

silly question to ask but has anyone done a rough points breakdown on the things in the box i know it will not be perfect but we should have a rough idea of the points break down and these things tend to be fairly even?

silly question to ask but has anyone done a rough points breakdown on the things in the box i know it will not be perfect but we should have a rough idea of the points break down and these things tend to be fairly even?

Roughly 500 for the Necrons, about 200 for Mechanicum. So that would make armigers about 150 points.

Roughly 500 for the Necrons, about 200 for Mechanicum. So that would make armigers about 150 points.

That might very well be true, don't know necrons so can't really comment on them. Admech is 195 minimum though (125 for a base TPD and 70 for 10 rangers, stock) but considering they're showing them with an transuranic arquebus, an arc rifle and a guy with a phosphor blast pistol they're actually 227 points. (+25,+4,+3 respectively) So unless the necrons are actually a bit higher in points than you said it doesn't seem likely that they'll match in points (I highly doubt that an armiger is less than 150)

Well this box already got GW some money, I'm visiting a capital city at the moment and bought, amongst other things: a plastic Necron Overlord, a plastic Enginseer (I have a metal one but I've been wanting a plastic one too) and a box of Kataphrons. And I bought my 4th Dragoon a couple weeks ago.

That might very well be true, don't know necrons so can't really comment on them. Admech is 195 minimum though (125 for a base TPD and 70 for 10 rangers, stock) but considering they're showing them with an transuranic arquebus, an arc rifle and a guy with a phosphor blast pistol they're actually 227 points. (+25,+4,+3 respectively) So unless the necrons are actually a bit higher in points than you said it doesn't seem likely that they'll match in points (I highly doubt that an armiger is less than 150)

The necron estimate was bare-bones as well, and that seems to be a new special character who may have a higher cost. Personally I expect the Armigers to be in that 150-200 point range depending on equipment.