Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

Our characters can't carry any wolves as body guard. Why?

Been like that since the 8th edition index, no?

The designers really dont want characters being units or part of units this edition.

At least, they can give wolves the bodyguard rule. Warlord deed means the designer encourages us to deploy warlord in front line. Though, he is unwilling to give us LoS rule. It's weird.

Most involve killing stuff and that’s where a 6” HI helps. Plus that’s really where a lot of our HQs want to be.

This may be the best "leaky" video yet as there's a camera directly over the codex pages:

Fair warning this dude is not a space wolf player and some of his statements are quite off.

Yeah, this guy doesn't know much at all and, I would even venture he isn't really a Space Marine Player at all.  His comments are just painful, looking at the Space Wolf Terminator section and he thinks they are just normal Terminators completely ignoring the options section.

This may be the best "leaky" video yet as there's a camera directly over the codex pages:

Fair warning this dude is not a space wolf player and some of his statements are quite off.

Yeah, this guy doesn't know much at all and, I would even venture he isn't really a Space Marine Player at all.  His comments are just painful, looking at the Space Wolf Terminator section and he thinks they are just normal Terminators completely ignoring the options section.

I agree he's painfully off on a lot of stuff, but I figured the camera angle was the best I'd seen yet for just directly reading much of the text.

But DC can bring 15 models with DS, they can get a 3D6 charge from DS. Yes they are 7 points more, but just by Decent of Angels they probably get their points back (28% chance of charging against 74%, and you need triple ones for a reroll to be impossible to get there). For our cheap melee I still think that BC go more. THey can be 15 as the DC, they are 10 points cheaper and we do have transports that can carry them so they get a turn 2 charge.

An yes BC are still 13 points as far as I know, so the same as GH.

^this

What makes DC viable is that the Blood Angel Codex offers some ways to deliver them more reliably. 3d6 charge out of reserves, re-rolling charges with Lemartes nearby, free move before the game begins. You name it.

Cataphracti wolf lord have options for all HtH weapons we have in our stock+ all combi weapons. But normal WG cataphracti don't :( also: Ragnars wolves have the beast key word, so I don't think they will go with him to the transporter :(((

Yeah, this guy doesn't know much at all and, I would even venture he isn't really a Space Marine Player at all. His comments are just painful, looking at the Space Wolf Terminator section and he thinks they are just normal Terminators completely ignoring the options section.

I agree he's painfully off on a lot of stuff, but I figured the camera angle was the best I'd seen yet for just directly reading much of the text.

Oh I agree the video is good for that I just wanted to forewarn everyone that they may not want to listen as some of it is painful (for example swiftclaws are apparently a brand new unit).

Ok, this actually woke me up. But Saga of Majesty atacks with Heroic Intervention? Because of so it is :cussing awesome to get characters into combat. 9" heroic intervention. Just DS out of sight ans some screen and you jetpack man can HI directly if the charge fails

CI is not an aura, so cannot be increased by the saga of majesty

Why sin't an aura? It is a bubble around you where you can intervene into combat, similar to any aura abilities (one couls argue it is an aura that works against the enemy like Reiver's leadershio aura). As such it works like an aura. I know it sounds a bit wierd but due to how both of those work it can be argued that i affects it

Explodes is considered an aura for rulea purposes because it is explicity ezcluded from saga of Majesty. So it is just not friendly units. And "enemy units within" is in the HI rules. Bolters and weapons are considered seperate from the character

I'm certain HI isn't and aura. Auras are always listed on a datasheet. HI is just an action available to all characters at a specific phase of a round.

The wording and how it works could be considered an aura. I have emailed the FAQ team. Lets hope they clarify this.

I'm generally flummoxed how one could argue that HI is an aura

"If there are x units within y" you can do z"". The wording is the same for both. So far the best argument I have heard about them not being auras is that auras appear in datasheets, but of how they work, they are the same as auras. Which is why this idea came. I don't see why it is so wierd to think that it works and is worded similarly they might be similarly affected. As they "if it looks like a duck it sounds like a duck"

As they "if it looks like a duck it sounds like a duck"

...it is a witch!

Sorry, couldn't resist (codex in my hands, so a little bit happy right now :) )

Exploding vehicles as an aura abilities. Hmm that could be fun.

...it is a witch!

Sorry, couldn't resist (codex in my hands, so a little bit happy right now :smile.: )

How did you manage that?! :( I am supposed to travel saturday and im trying to figure out a way to pick up my codex first. 

How did you manage that?! :( I am supposed to travel saturday and im trying to figure out a way to pick up my codex first.

Because of the glitch, but I've promised that I will not tell about exact circumstances, sorry.

"If there are x units within y" you can do z"". The wording is the same for both. So far the best argument I have heard about them not being auras is that auras appear in datasheets, but of how they work, they are the same as auras. Which is why this idea came. I don't see why it is so wierd to think that it works and is worded similarly they might be similarly affected. As they "if it looks like a duck it sounds like a duck"

No, again by that logic my bolter has 24" range, if there is an enemy unit within that you may shoot it. This game has ranges radiating from units, in that regard sure its an aura. But this is a game and words mean things. HI gives you an operating range of 3/6" and you must move to be closer to the closest unit.

I get how maybe there's a small "ohh" moment here but to dig your heels in in baffling.

...it is a witch!

Sorry, couldn't resist (codex in my hands, so a little bit happy right now :) )

happy for you Brother. Hope to get my soom (but due to location I expect next week).

As for Explosions being an aura, according the PDF they could be considered. Saga of Majesty does not affect them thohgh, because they are mentioned to be excluded

Edit:

No, again by that logic my bolter has 24" range, if there is an enemy unit within that you may shoot it. This game has ranges radiating from units, in that regard sure its an aura. But this is a game and words mean things. HI gives you an operating range of 3/6" and you must move to be closer to the closest unit.

I get how maybe there's a small "ohh" moment here but to dig your heels in in baffling.

The wording on choosing weaons to shokt and HI is different, as well as who has the range. The same model with different weapons have different ranges, so it is not an ability inherent to the model itself, while HI is. As you say words mean things, and the wording of HI is similar to usual auras (e.g. Jarl of Fenris) while a bolter has no such wording in the rule book (also beacuse of wording is that I do not consider Pile in and Consolidation moves an aura, since the way they are expressed is different). Abilities extending the range of weapons are also worded differently than Saga of Majesty. Still, as I said I emailed to see if something comes out of it.

I don't know... I kind of get it. I don't fully agree but I can see it. This is something that activates in a circumference, with a ranged bubble, like an aura. It isn't point and click like a weapon. I see your point as well though haha. 

I would love it to be true though. 

Archived