Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

I think I’d use it as a way to keep costs down. Where previously I’d buy hammers for them I may stick to frost swords. With the shields hey may provide the durable distraction that we (somewhat) lost in the lizzardbshield nerf and if they hit a target that needs to die pip that strat to reroll off of what’s likely 3’s effectively giving a 2+/2+. Not a bad squad to get stuck into chaff blobs.

I’m probably going to test running that with a timed teleporting Arjak and TDAWG as a big T2 punch this weekend.

WGBL is nerfed to A3 from A4? That is horrible.

Yeah to bring him in line with other Lieutenants. But you got me thinking. The WGBL on Bike wasn't updated... So we can still get a WGBL with for attacks if we use the Index version. And due to the increase for the WGBL with JUMP pack, with the same gear it is actually a bit less...

I just noticed that our razorbacks no longer have the option to take the las/plas weapon. Is that new or was it that way in the index too?

They can in the Index. Seeing that they can't in the SM Codex. Index rules apply for gear too. So we can still use.

I thought you could only apply index rules if you didn't have a datasheet in your Codex for a model that had a datasheet in the index. Are you sure we can use the index to take gear for units that have a Codex datasheet but don't have access to that gear in the new datasheet?

I thought you could only apply index rules if you didn't have a datasheet in your Codex for a model that had a datasheet in the index. Are you sure we can use the index to take gear for units that have a Codex datasheet but don't have access to that gear in the new datasheet?

https://imgur.com/a/AIlKHN4

https://imgur.com/a/AIlKHN4

Nice

I also noticed that the teleport homer is listed as "0 points" under the "other wargear" list at the back of the book, but nobody in the Codex has the option to take a teleport homer. And for that matter, what does a teleport homer even do now that teleporting units don't scatter?

I also noticed that the teleport homer is listed as "0 points" under the "other wargear" list at the back of the book, but nobody in the Codex has the option to take a teleport homer. And for that matter, what does a teleport homer even do now that teleporting units don't scatter?

Teleport Homers are standard equipment in Terminator Armor. All Terminator units can perform the Teleport Strike ability using this internal piece of gear.

Teleport Homers are standard equipment in Terminator Armor. All Terminator units can perform the Teleport Strike ability using this internal piece of gear.

If I remember correctly if someone enters your backline or something you can teleport back on the homer? 

Anyone noticed who is on page 134? Brand Sabrewulf. Named after the young player who died a while ago. GW kept their promise to immortalise him in print after a lot of other players made a request.

This is incorrect.  The rules for teleport homer are not in the datasheet for any of the units in the space wolves codex.  It is noticeably missing from the entries for Wolf Guard Terminators, Wolf Lord in Terminator Armor, Wolf Guard Battle Leader in Terminator Armor, Rune Priest in Terminator Armor, Wolf Priest in Terminator Armor, as well as the entries for every other unit in the codex.

It is however listed (and only listed) under the "Other Wargear" table at the back of the book.

Compare this to the space marine codex entries for Terminator Squad, and Assault Terminator Squad, and there is a line in their "Wargear Options" that says, "The unit may take a teleport homer" and then the rules for teleport homer are defined in the "Abilities" section of their datasheet.  Both the option to take it, and the rules that define it are absent from our codex.

A quick google search revealed that the Dark Angels Deathwing Terminators also do not have access to teleport homers any more, while the Dark Angels vanilla terminators do have access.

Anyone noticed who is on page 134? Brand Sabrewulf. Named after the young player who died a while ago. GW kept their promise to immortalise him in print after a lot of other players made a request.

And that for me makes this the most awesome.of the Codices. It is really nice seeing Brand honoured as promised. It might be just a small blurb, but when I saw the picture kf it on FB it made me smile. Kudos GW for keeping your word.

Nice to see Brand in the codex.

Sven Bloodhowl is listed as missing (such a Russ move btw). So the Firehowlers Wolf Guard are keeping the badge and the firehowlers going in his absence.

Egil Ironwolf and Orven Highfell are comfirmed dead so Vorek Gnarlfist is running the Iron Wolves under the same badge.

I understand from a fluff point of view the Space Wolves of the chapter having the same mentality and keeping the same badge going. It probably takes a Maverick to shake things up and change the Great Company badge.

So can we take the non PDF version of Saga of the Wolfkin? That warlord trait went from being amazing to useless in the PDF version.

Pre PDF: every unit within 6 inches doesn't take morale and Wulfen, Beasts, Cavalry get an extra attack for charging or being charged.

Post PDF:  If a unit is affected by this saga in the Fight phase, add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of all its models if it made a charge move, was charged, or performed a heroic intervention earlier in the same turn.

Deed of Legend: Slay a total of five models in the Fight phase with your Warlord (keep a tally from turn to turn).

I mean...seriously? It is like night and day which version is better.

So can we take the non PDF version of Saga of the Wolfkin? That warlord trait went from being amazing to useless in the PDF version.

Pre PDF: every unit within 6 inches doesn't take morale and Wulfen, Beasts, Cavalry get an extra attack for charging or being charged.

Post PDF: If a unit is affected by this saga in the Fight phase, add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of all its models if it made a charge move, was charged, or performed a heroic intervention earlier in the same turn.

Deed of Legend: Slay a total of five models in the Fight phase with your Warlord (keep a tally from turn to turn).

Agree the codex version is useless but no, you can't use misprinted rules.

Anyone notice our WGBL for packs lost the option for CML? Maybe I am missing it listed somewhere else?

Only one that could do it previously was long fangs. I didn’t look if that changed though.

Just checked the Fang entry and yes they can still take any terminator heavy weapon so the Cyclone is still an option

Post PDF: If a unit is affected by this saga in the Fight phase, add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of all its models if it made a charge move, was charged, or performed a heroic intervention earlier in the same turn.

Hmmm I feel differently. Before the trait benefited a couple of units. Now it helps everything in the army. Even the WL himself and that extra attack means a WL can pretry easily kill 5 units in a single turn. I actually think it will be my go to Saga.

But the Sagas have been Errata'd, so you can only use the updated version

This is incorrect.  The rules for teleport homer are not in the datasheet for any of the units in the space wolves codex.  It is noticeably missing from the entries for Wolf Guard Terminators, Wolf Lord in Terminator Armor, Wolf Guard Battle Leader in Terminator Armor, Rune Priest in Terminator Armor, Wolf Priest in Terminator Armor, as well as the entries for every other unit in the codex.

It is however listed (and only listed) under the "Other Wargear" table at the back of the book.

I don't have the Space Wolves Codex. I was explaining the Teleport Homer's function in general.

After doing some more Googling (I am still very new to 40K), it turns out that the Space Wolves have a very established prohibition against using teleporters. Thus why they have the Homers in their armor as standard equipment but lack the ability.

Archived