I admit that I keep finding myself other things to do instead of painting the Chaplain. Even managed to get a few games! :D My main problem I guess is that I prefer painting in the natural light and for the last few days we had barely any sun in the afternoons here. 
I did put another layer of highlights though.

I've been getting some work done on my first batch of DC, but I've finally figured out why my airbrush is being such a pain, it's because of a tiny bend on the needle tip I think; badger nozzles are so exposed!

So while I wait for the postman with a new needle I've spent the last couple of days working on my basing; I'm basically starting over with my BA painting schemes, so they need a better base too!

Went through a few iterations (first version top left), just some greenstuff and armageddon dunes. The brown stone looked like badly done cracked earth to me thus the switch to grey stone and lighter sand. I think I'm happy with this one, and pared the steps down somewhat.

NICOzri.jpg

edit: updating image link

I admit that I keep finding myself other things to do instead of painting the Chaplain. Even managed to get a few games! :biggrin.: My main problem I guess is that I prefer painting in the natural light and for the last few days we had barely any sun in the afternoons here. 

Natural light bulbs perhaps? Still, there's loads of time left to finish them and get a badge :smile.:

I've been getting some work done on my first batch of DC, but I've finally figured out why my airbrush is being such a pain, it's because of a tiny bend on the needle tip I think; badger nozzles are so exposed!

So while I wait for the postman with a new needle I've spent the last couple of days working on my basing; I'm basically starting over with my BA painting schemes, so they need a better base too!

Went through a few iterations (first version top left), just some greenstuff and armageddon dunes. The brown stone looked like badly done cracked earth to me thus the switch to grey stone and lighter sand. I think I'm happy with this one, and pared the steps down somewhat.

TCPt5OiBSbdDk505he4I3sSnpqHd9fbNKQbYjJ2N

Nice looking bases you have there :smile.:

TCPt5OiBSbdDk505he4I3sSnpqHd9fbNKQbYjJ2N

Grey stone looks far better. Great job!

@Jolemai - haven't thought about the bulbs. Good idea! 

I admit that I keep finding myself other things to do instead of painting the Chaplain. Even managed to get a few games! :biggrin.: My main problem I guess is that I prefer painting in the natural light and for the last few days we had barely any sun in the afternoons here. 

I've been using a daylight bulb for a while now as I only really get to paint at night. My primary light is a large anglepoise-style adjustable desk lamp with a 35W CFL 5500K photography 'mushroom' bulb (175W incandescent equivalent) - they're designed for studio lights so don't stick out of the shade anywhere near as much as a conventional cylinder shaped CFL, and has a CRI of 91.

Looks rather like this:

s-l225.jpg

There's probably LED equivalents now that are smaller and more energy efficient, but at the time CFL or halogen was the only way to get 2000+ lumens in a single desk lamp with a high CRI and it's been going a few years now, though the seller doesn't do them individually any more. The photo of my bases above was taken on my desk (on a napkin) under that light - with my phone with no adjustment to brightness or colour, so you can see it's quite a nice work light.

One thing to be aware of is there are different types of daylight bulb. Colour of bulb usually uses the 'colour temperature' in kelvins, i.e. a normal 'warm-white' lightbulb is around 3000K, while 'daylight' is around 5000K; 6500K is more 'cool daylight'. However, cheap daylight bulbs can have some very non-natural light peaks such as green which is why the light looks harsh and sickly, even though it is 'white' rather than 'yellow' - and that then negatively affects the colour of what you're painting/photographing. 

For good quality daylight bulbs, the key word to look for generally is a 'balanced' daylight bulb that is much closer to the spectrum of real daylight, which is why they're usually found as studio or photography lights. The measure of light quality is CRI, color rendering index. For good quality natural light equivalent, you want about 90 CRI or higher; they can be a bit more expensive, but not massively. If a bulb seller doesn't advertise what the CRI is, it's probably because it's rubbish (80 or less) and will not be a natural white light. "Full Spectrum" also used to refer to high-CRI lightbulbs, but these days it usually just means the same as daylight bulb.

Vow completed!

Chaplain Asteloth

med_gallery_105306_14251_21223.jpg

As we've come to expect, that is another excellent addition to your force @Majkhel :thumbsup: I do like the red banding on the Crozius, very retro :happy.:

... which means you've earned yourself something for your signature! Enjoy!

gallery_62972_14467_3723.jpg

Just over a month remains should you fancy another go :)

As we've come to expect, that is another excellent addition to your force @Majkhel :thumbsup: I do like the red banding on the Crozius, very retro :happy.:

... which means you've earned yourself something for your signature! Enjoy!

Just over a month remains should you fancy another go :)
Thank you Jolemai, I'm glad you like him.

I want to vow something more, so I will hold on with the badge. Just need to check what I need the most. Probably gonna be the Aggressors or Scouts.

I was also in the impression that the event would end today, so I thought I didn`t have time to complete anything. I have only managed to spend some time cleaning old paint from a dozen of metal miniatures I bought on ebay. It`s about time to start painting again, as it has been 3 months since I last held a brush :)

I will vow for something in the weekend! Probably the scout bikers that have been sittin on my desk since March. It has been the unit that I have promised to paint next for too long :blush:

Decided to do both things :tongue.:

I, MAJKHEL, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow:

-> 3-man Aggressor squad with auto boltstorm gauntlets and fragstorm grenade launchers,

-> 5-man Scout squad with boltguns and heavy bolter

-> 5-man Scout squad with boltguns

-> 5-man Scout squad with boltpistols and knives

on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the BLOOD ANGELS I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_105306_14251_2379.jpg

Aggressors need to be reassembled (they miss their ammo belts and I have to pull them apart to paint some areas), painted and based. Black scouts are new purchase (apart from the sergeant, who still needs shading, highliths, basing). Rest of the Scouts need various paintjobs and basing. Additionally I will be making some head-swaps with those from the marines range to make them less ape-like.

I may be pushing it a little too far for comfort, but I still haven't decided which badge I like most :whistling:

Decided to do both things :tongue.:

I, MAJKHEL, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following:

As a primary vow:

-> 3-man Aggressor squad with auto boltstorm gauntlets and fragstorm grenade launchers,

-> 5-man Scout squad with boltguns and heavy bolter

As a secondary vow:

-> 5-man Scout squad with boltguns

-> 5-man Scout squad with boltpistols and knives

on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the BLOOD ANGELS I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_105306_14251_2379.jpg

Aggressors need to be reassembled (they miss their ammo belts and I have to pull them apart to paint some areas), painted and based. Primary vow scouts are new purchase (apart from the sergeant, who still needs shading, highliths, basing). Secondary vow Scouts need various paintjobs and basing. Additionally I will be making some head-swaps with those from the marines range to make them less ape-like.

I may be pushing it a little too far for comfort, but I still haven't decided which badge I like most :whistling:

Everything there is eligible for a being a Primary Vow, so I've rolled them into there. Secondary is basically finishing touches, little extras, and so on. Otherwise, it's a fantastic vow and I wish you all the best!

You want the Iratus Dominus!

Just want to add, that this is the last BA painting event before our ETL defense next May - so now is a a perfect time to join the fun if you're painting BAs right now!

I was also in the impression that the event would end today, so I thought I didn`t have time to complete anything. I have only managed to spend some time cleaning old paint from a dozen of metal miniatures I bought on ebay. It`s about time to start painting again, as it has been 3 months since I last held a brush :smile.:

I will vow for something in the weekend! Probably the scout bikers that have been sittin on my desk since March. It has been the unit that I have promised to paint next for too long :blush.:

Look forward to seeing them involved :tu:

Updated to here

Everything there is eligible for a being a Primary Vow, so I've rolled them into there. Secondary is basically finishing touches, little extras, and so on. Otherwise, it's a fantastic vow and I wish you all the best!

You want the Iratus Dominus!

I stand corrected :)

I Spyros rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: one Drop Pod on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Vow upheld, task completed!

RTS2018 vow1 complete A

RTS2018 vow1 complete B

I always procrastinate with vehicles... at least I made it in time...
I bought Drop Pods when they were a thing, and end up building one when they are not...
Now our fallen to Rage Death Company brothers can drop swiftly on the heads of the enemies!
And I can return to my project of rebuilding my Archangels Terminators :nuke:

I Kaese rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow of a unit of 3 scout bikers on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_104948_14179_354103.jpg

I love the amount your gear your scouts have, Kaese!

I regret the decision to add so many extra bits there as it will take ages to paint. It will probably worth it in the end when they are ready.

I counted 32 grenades on the unit of three, so that has to be a record :)

I 9x19 Parabellum (previously known as Rocmistro) rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: 1 Blood Angels Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought (using a regular dreadnought body and various Blood Angel conversion bits) and the following secondary vows: Finishing my Storm Raven, including decals, base and optional weapons, on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels, will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUSbadge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

I Kaese rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow of a unit of 3 scout bikers on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_104948_14179_354103.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of kit! Does all that come with the models?

Vow added and all the best with it :thumbsup:

I Spyros rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: one Drop Pod on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

I always procrastinate with vehicles... at least I made it in time...

I bought Drop Pods when they were a thing, and end up building one when they are not...

Now our fallen to Rage Death Company brothers can drop swiftly on the heads of the enemies!

And I can return to my project of rebuilding my Archangels Terminators :nuke:

Congratulations @Spyros, that's one excellent looking Pod! You've certainly earned a little something for your signature!

Still time for another vow :whistling::whistling:

Nice, it's like you have an R2-D2 inside! :smile.:

I love the amount your gear your scouts have, Kaese!

I'm progressing slowly. Some new faces for the scouts:

gallery_105306_14251_221735.jpg

Infinitely better :wink:

It's interesting that they don't appear off from a scale point of view either. Thanks for the WIP!

I 9x19 Parabellum (previously known as Rocmistro)

rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: 1 Blood Angels Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought (using a regular dreadnought body and various Blood Angel conversion bits) and the following secondary vows: Finishing my Storm Raven, including decals, base and optional weapons, on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels, will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUSbadge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Just need a starting picture and then you're good to go :thumbsup:

Updated to here

Inside the final month folks! Best get cracking with those vows!

Archived