I,Escaflowne_Z, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: Death Company squad of seven members and transport Razorback on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

med_gallery_17039_6112_255342.jpg

Vow Complete! I wound up with eight chaps in total, I found a bonus power fist member. Naturally, the cellphone camera and lighting take away a significant amount of detail, but I am very happy with how they look on the table.

Nice work, I especially like the DC (I'm a huge fan of the third edition DC bodies) :blush.: Have you anymore shots of the Bolterback? She's got quite a simple, yet cool colourscheme :tu:

Another who has earned the Iratus Dominus for their signature!

gallery_62972_14467_3723.jpg

There comes a time in life everyone has to stop procrastinating I guess. :biggrin.:

Xcg1PxEl.jpg

VoaTgOel.jpg

0nU43b6l.jpg?1

I call these guys finished. Only things I'd add would be decals and proper bases but that would be the cherry on the top and not something I'd consider necessary.

The chapter emblem used to be the Knights of Blood one from Shapeways, however it's basically impossible to remove them from the sprue and clean them up without breaking the sword parts off of it. Luckily these are Knights of Baal tho so I guess it works nicely as slightly changed chapter emblem in this case. :tongue.:

Also I decided to go with using the small shields for the squad markings (the colour has to be enough for now) instead of the right knee pad to make them more knightly and unique.

I'll edit in the post with the vow from the ETL thread if I can find it again once I'm back home. Now I'm out of time unfortunately.

Congratulations! Knew you had it in you :wink:

Seriously though, this is great work. Effective colourscheme, great little touches (such as the powerfist glow) and the blue shields for squad markings are a cool and unique little touch that I've not seen before.

Going forward, there's nothing else you need to do - however you can ditch the DC badge and the ETL Oathbreaker badge (which you're "supposed" to keep until the year's end) if you wish. Oh, and keep an eye on the event summary ;)

Excellent work again Majkhel and what a shift you've put in this year! You've certainly earned one of these:

Now to put your feet up until 2019's events? :wink:

Thank you Jolemai! I will wear it proudly!

I've already created a list in BattleScribe and started putting there possible assembling and painting options for 2019...:blush.:

Excellent work again Majkhel and what a shift you've put in this year! You've certainly earned one of these:

Now to put your feet up until 2019's events? :wink:

Thank you Jolemai! I will wear it proudly!

I've already created a list in BattleScribe and started putting there possible assembling and painting options for 2019...:blush.:

Haha, me too. I already have a shortlist for our ETL defense. However, our warm-up event wont be Blood & Zeal this year...

Updated to here

Inside the final 40 hours! Hopefully we can see more Frater complete this year's RTS campaign!

What is the deadline? I thought it was end of this Sunday...

My bikes are about 80% done, but it looks like I have lost the drivers somewhere. Propably in the storage room I re-organized few weeks back. I will definitely need all the extra time to paint in case I don’t find them first thing in the morning.

Haha, me too. I already have a shortlist for our ETL defense. However, our warm-up event wont be Blood & Zeal this year...

Colour me intrigued!

Sorry not to participate in this one, I’ve been busy with my cuddly comedy-evil Orks Foul, feral Xenos but I am sure I will be able to return to the flock for next year’s efforts :tu:

Updated to here

Inside the final 40 hours! Hopefully we can see more Frater complete this year's RTS campaign!

What is the deadline? I thought it was end of this Sunday...

My bikes are about 80% done, but it looks like I have lost the drivers somewhere. Propably in the storage room I re-organized few weeks back. I will definitely need all the extra time to paint in case I don’t find them first thing in the morning.

The event deadline is now Dec 3rd at 1000 UTC, which is a few hours past midnight on Sunday for the US IIRC. For me I've been a bit slow due to sickness, but bases are done, detail is done, edge highlighting is mostly done so I'm just tidying up the black - if I can get that finished before bed tonight (in about an hour) then it'll be fully dry tomorrow and I'll just to have to varnish in the morning and give it a couple of hours before final touches so should just squeak it, dunno if I'll have time to setup the booth for proper photos.

Into the final week! Just got off the vox with Astorath and he's been delayed on his trip to Baal, something to do with time displacements and hacking up heretics...

This means the event deadline has been extended to

03/12/18 at 1000 UTC*

Lets try and get some more completions in!

*(0200 PST, 0400 CST, 0500 EST, 1000 GMT, 1100 CET, 1800 AWST, 1930 ACST, 2000 AEST)

I,Escaflowne_Z, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: Death Company squad of seven members and transport Razorback on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

med_gallery_17039_6112_255342.jpg

Vow Complete! I wound up with eight chaps in total, I found a bonus power fist member. Naturally, the cellphone camera and lighting take away a significant amount of detail, but I am very happy with how they look on the table.

Nice work, I especially like the DC (I'm a huge fan of the third edition DC bodies) :blush.: Have you anymore shots of the Bolterback? She's got quite a simple, yet cool colourscheme :thumbsup:

Another who has earned the Iratus Dominus for their signature!

Here are a couple of shots of the Razorback. The guns are modular enough to run out the assault cannons now and again.

20181201 231212

20181130 132431

I Kaese rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow of a unit of 3 scout bikers on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_104948_14179_354103.jpg
Found the scout drivers in the morning, but had to spend big part of the day visiting my wife’s brother. Apparently newborn child is more important than deadlines for a hobby :)

Some highlights are still missing, and probably will be until I get a new brush that keeps the tip sharp for more than 5 seconds. It would probably take about an hour to finish the highlights, but unfortunately I need to get some sleep. This probably doesn’t qualify for a completed vow, but the death company badge was more tempting anyway ;)

gallery_104948_14179_306495.jpg

I Arkhanist wish to requite my past failings and recover my honour by completing my failed vow of 14 Death Company and Lemartes from ETL VI on or before November 30th, 2018. During this time I shall wear the insignia of the Death Company, only to be cast aside once my shame is finally avenged.

Vow complete, I think I can hear Astorath's shuttle landing!

My wife has been reorganising so my lightbox is... somewhere. So apologies for the desk picture, will try and take some better ones when my lights and tent surface.

DMqR1wB.jpg

I Arkhanist wish to requite my past failings and recover my honour by completing my failed vow of 14 Death Company and Lemartes from ETL VI on or before November 30th, 2018. During this time I shall wear the insignia of the Death Company, only to be cast aside once my shame is finally avenged.

Vow complete, I think I can hear Astorath's shuttle landing!

My wife has been reorganising so my lightbox is... somewhere. So apologies for the desk picture, will try and take some better ones when my lights and tent surface.

DMqR1wB.jpg

Nicely done and in the nick of time! Some excellent work and the bases show off the models really well too :happy.: What colour did you highlight the black with?

As for your shame, you are welcome to cast off your DC and Oathbreaker badge should you with. Oh, and keep an eye out for the event summary ;)

Colour me intrigued!

Sorry not to participate in this one, I’ve been busy with my cuddly comedy-evil Orks Foul, feral Xenos but I am sure I will be able to return to the flock for next year’s efforts :thumbsup:

Keep an eye on our forum and/or the NR&A for announcements :) Pretty sure folk can guess what it will be though...

I Kaese rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow of a unit of 3 scout bikers on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_104948_14179_354103.jpg
Found the scout drivers in the morning, but had to spend big part of the day visiting my wife’s brother. Apparently newborn child is more important than deadlines for a hobby :smile.:

Some highlights are still missing, and probably will be until I get a new brush that keeps the tip sharp for more than 5 seconds. It would probably take about an hour to finish the highlights, but unfortunately I need to get some sleep. This probably doesn’t qualify for a completed vow, but the death company badge was more tempting anyway :wink:

gallery_104948_14179_306495.jpg

Thanks for the update, they are coming along well :) The RTS exists to encourage people to push their current projects to completion, but saying something is complete or not is down to the Frater only. If you say they are done, they are done. If not, they aren't.

Regarding the badges, as you're part of The Golden Host, a failed vow is the Carceres Ira badge. You're only entitled to the DC badge if you're part of The Lost (so a failed ETL vow from the same year or you volunteer a previously failed vow to complete when making your pledges). So to get a DC, you would need to enter this in next years event (yes the RTS will be back next year) :tu:

Apologies, brothers. All that time and I didn't make it. I'll wear my badge and seek redemption next year!

Sorry to hear that but it happens :( Did you get any further work done on it post-ETL? I'll ask Astorath for the stasis option rather than his preferred method of sorting the DC on your behalf...

Nicely done and in the nick of time! Some excellent work and the bases show off the models really well too :happy.: What colour did you highlight the black with?

As for your shame, you are welcome to cast off your DC and Oathbreaker badge should you with. Oh, and keep an eye out for the event summary :wink:

Cheers! Base black is a 3:2 mix of abaddon and kantor, with an edge/line highlight of vallejo MC grey green (70.866) and a very old pot of codex grey on the sharp edges; they're close to eshin grey and dawnstone-ish respectively.

From Rage to Salvation 2018 is officially over!

gallery_27176_8461_79162.jpg

Thank you all for participating and for making the continued revival of the RTS worthwhile! I'll be posting a recap of the event and officially confirming the rewards as soon as I can.

Thanks for the update, they are coming along well :) The RTS exists to encourage people to push their current projects to completion, but saying something is complete or not is down to the Frater only. If you say they are done, they are done. If not, they aren't.

Regarding the badges, as you're part of The Golden Host, a failed vow is the Carceres Ira badge. You're only entitled to the DC badge if you're part of The Lost (so a failed ETL vow from the same year or you volunteer a previously failed vow to complete when making your pledges). So to get a DC, you would need to enter this in next years event (yes the RTS will be back next year) :tu:

If it was only edge highlight, I would call it completed. Highlights are also missing from clothes, red armor and hair, so it is far from ready. It was nice to paint something after many ETL, so I will definitely try to finish these soon.

Too bad the death company badge is only when you fail at ETL. That's not an option, as there is actually something at stake. Probably would have finished these as well if it would have been a real competition :)

Apologies, brothers. All that time and I didn't make it. I'll wear my badge and seek redemption next year!

Sorry to hear that but it happens :sad.: Did you get any further work done on it post-ETL? I'll ask Astorath for the stasis option rather than his preferred method of sorting the DC on your behalf...

I got a great deal more done! I will post my progress as soon as I return home. Perhaps Astorath will have mercy...

Edit: My progress as of the deadline last night.

med_gallery_62495_11290_423292.jpg

med_gallery_62972_14467_112690.jpg

Lemartes watched the small group of Space Marines as they bore their Captain on their shoulders towards the Imperial lines. The breach had fallen and the outer ring of fortifications and bunkers were now in Imperial hands. Tycho had held the breach long enough for the rest of the army to reach the walls and carry the day. With a tenderness that belied the gore-streaked appearance of the Blood Angels, they laid Brother Captain Erasmus Tycho at the feet of Chaplain Lemartes. He knelt by the bloody corpse, laying a hand on his brow and staring at his friend's face. Perhaps it was just the relaxation of muscle that followed death, but he believed he could see a softening in Tycho's features, as though the terrible disfigurement done to him had retreated within his flesh. He hoped so.
"Farewell brother," he whispered. "You will not be forgotten."

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Awards Ceremony

On the blood-soaked threads of the BA sub-sector in the B&C galaxy, From Rage to Salvation - 2018 campaign comes to a close. As the Death Company charged, ready to pay the ultimate price in defense of our Imperial way of life whose songs sang loudest? Who carried the day to enable the Angelic Host to defeat the heretic, the xenos, the traitor? And who was brave enough to follow their lead?

The RTS exists as a method of encouragement for those stuck in a rut regards to painting. It gives you a goal and a reward to paint those half-finished units that haunt our collection and I'm happy to say a number of us took up the challenge. The Angelic Host for this year's RTS consisted of 10 Frater and with 6 completions this makes a 60 % completion rate - this is a great effort after the brutal year we've had on the painting and modelling table and you should all be applauded for that. The first ever RTS had a conversion rate of 47 %, the second was 68 %, the third 67 and last year's event saw a rate of 86 %. This shows that the BA spirit remains consistent even for a casual event and I believe this puts us in good stead for the forthcoming events in 2019.

On the the rewards:

The Angelic Host

The following may proudly display the Iratus Dominus gallery_62972_14467_3723.jpg
  • Dont-Be-Haten
  • Escaflowne_Z
  • Majkhel
  • Spagunk
  • Spyros
  • 9x19 Parabellum

However, sadly, some have failed our Primarch and as such may display the Carceres Ira as a reminder of their failure: gallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Remember, Pity not those who do fall and Treat them with honour, my Brothers. Not because they will bring us victory this day, but because their fate will one day be ours. Certainly, I have carried my shame/Carceres Ira longer than most and I will do until that vow is complete. However, it is up to you entirely but it's a pretty badge nonetheless.

The LOST

Over the years, many of our number have fallen to The Black Rage upon failing to complete a vow - be it the ETL or the RTS. Sometimes, these vows never get completed - they remain half painted on shelves for years awaiting their time in sun once more. This year, those with this shame still hanging over them were voluntarily inducted into the Death Company. As is our way, the Death Company get one final chance at atonement, a chance to cast aside the Rage and grasp at their Salvation. Those who fell bore a ceremonial signature:

gallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Their mission, tasked by the Reclusiam and approved by Commander Dante himself, was to complete their failed legacy vows during the RTS lifetime. Of those inducted into The Lost I am proud to say that some did in fact return to us with their salvation attained:

• Arkhanist
  • keeblerartilery
  • sfPanzer

It is these who may replace the above banner with the following:

gallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Other than that, I thank you all for participating and for your patience with me and my running of the event. I hope you all enjoyed it and I'd love for some feedback via PM should you have the time. All being well, this even will resume next year and there may be something in the works around February and March 2019 ;)

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Statistics

Completion Rate (Angelic Host, Primary vows only)
  • 60 %

Datasheet stats by Battlefield Role (Angelic Host, Primary Vow completions only):

• HQ - 4
  • Elites - 2
  • Troops - 3
  • Flyer - 1
  • Dedicated Transport - 2

Archived