Warhammer Conquest Issue List

Black Knight

Has anyone seen the issue with the Plasma Conduits, I see the picture and it makes me wonder if we will get just a single sprue and not the two that comes in the box?

0ea86c16564c20536fe889a1901252055334.jpg

Just got my first delivery of my restarted sub (I stopped at 6 last time). The delivery was 5-6. So it looks like they want you on the same cadence of issues no matter when you join.

Got another of the great UM lieutenants (yay) and yet another copy of the 3 Plague Marines (boo).

Has anyone seen the issue with the Plasma Conduits, I see the picture and it makes me wonder if we will get just a single sprue and not the two that comes in the box?

Yeah, they are doing the same as the Ryza Pattern ruins and have split the box over two issues.

Yeah, they are doing the same as the Ryza Pattern ruins and have split the box over two issues.

I do not see a second issue for them though. With the Spanish leaks which may be out of order but seem to have the same releases there is only one issue for these.

Just got my first delivery of my restarted sub (I stopped at 6 last time). The delivery was 5-6. So it looks like they want you on the same cadence of issues no matter when you join.

Got another of the great UM lieutenants (yay) and yet another copy of the 3 Plague Marines (boo).

Yeah they always try to set you up on the right four issues. I had two, two issue deliveries at the start when I changed to Premium at issue three. I just got my 23, 24, 25 and 26 rather earlier than normal.

The lieutenant will probably sell well on EBay if you didn't need it, I built mine as a Sgt for a DW Kill Team.

So 2 weeks today/tomorrow should give us the Primaris Apothecary if I'm correct? Are they doing all the characters in the blue plastic as a matter of interest?

according to the list on post 1, yes it should be and based on the pic of the whole collection, all the space marine stuff is blue plastic, and so far it has been including the Primaris Librarian.

Bit disappointing that there are so many repeats this early on considering the range we should be eventually getting.

Finally found a stockist but unfortunately they're up to issue 17 somehow which is just another container.

Edit: here's the background image from the homepage:

C8Hz5rU.png

Issue 30 has a single sprue of Tunis and is in wh Smith's already. Is it worth it?

I was going to but then they released a new killzone with it and a new building so I will go for that. At least not all the scenery is on the image there, makes me hope that we get the two sprues of the pipes and aren't shafted on that.

I really want to verify if 39 is the Captain model, Forbidden Planet still has their placeholder image.

Edited by Black_Knight

So looks like something wonky is going on with my subscription... Apparently the next batch of issues I am getting is 11-14, despite the fact the last batch was 3-6. For some bizarre reason Hachette have skipped Issues 7-10. 

Will be getting in touch with them on Monday to find out what is going on.

So apparently the reason for the out-of-order shipments is that Hachette are completely out of stock of Issue 8 at the moment, so put the next batch of Issues in the post to ensure I still received something this month.

Like another commenter mentioned it seems they are very eager to keep everyone on the same delivery cadence and avoid gaps.

Hmm that's new they usually just send the rest of the issues instead. A few stories of people receiving just one or three issues.

Interesting, we shall have to see what happens next then...

Premium box 2 arrived today

I haven’t opened it yet but it seems like the same size as the first premium box. Doesn’t seem like there’s any models or anything in there.

There are supposed to be 4 premium boxes - really hoping the extra £150-odd translates into both Primarchs and some other goodies. I wouldn’t be surprised if the value of the premium subscription comes in the last box in order to keep everyone going.

Edit - just cracked it open. Same as the first box - flatpacked cardboard shoebox, cardboard gamemat, 6 dice, sleeve of data sheets and some cardboard tokens. Not really worth the £36 per premium box. There had best be some Primarchs and other assorted goodies at the end of the premium subscription. The codexes would be good, but I suspect they’ll do those in the same way as the art book and just throw those onto the subscription as an added cost.

There was a second binder in this delivery as well, so that’s a thing.

Edited by Sky Potato

Premium box 2 arrived today

I haven’t opened it yet but it seems like the same size as the first premium box. Doesn’t seem like there’s any models or anything in there.

There are supposed to be 4 premium boxes - really hoping the extra £150-odd translates into both Primarchs and some other goodies. I wouldn’t be surprised if the value of the premium subscription comes in the last box in order to keep everyone going.

Edit - just cracked it open. Same as the first box - flatpacked cardboard shoebox, cardboard gamemat, 6 dice, sleeve of data sheets and some cardboard tokens. Not really worth the £36 per premium box. There had best be some Primarchs and other assorted goodies at the end of the premium subscription. The codexes would be good, but I suspect they’ll do those in the same way as the art book and just throw those onto the subscription as an added cost.

There was a second binder in this delivery as well, so that’s a thing.

Thanks for the info Sky Potatoe, any chance you could post some pics of the new Premium please? I am a delivery behind you so should get mine next month but I have to agree that if this is all that is coming with them then that I will be sending them all back at the end. We can all hope.

Yeah it seems that we get the Binder with issues 27-30, just wish it was free still with the subscription.

If it is any cancellation the Warhammer Legends book series they have been doing has really started releasing books that I have wanted to buy recently so I am definitely getting my money out of that one. Talons of Horus next delivery!

Edited by Black_Knight

This being such a rip-off (apparently) makes me sad.

I grew up on and came into the hobby through the Lord-of-the-Rings DeAgostini Magazine, which was always good value and really thematic and perfect for beginners, slowly going deeper into more advanced painting/rules/terrain building.

I grew up on and came into the hobby through the Lord-of-the-Rings DeAgostini Magazine, which was always good value and really thematic and perfect for beginners, slowly going deeper into more advanced painting/rules/terrain building.

The normal subscription isn't a rip off, it is the Premium that has now had 2 "drop pods" out of 4 and it is nowhere near the price tag paid(£1.50 per issue more). You have to also remember most of us have these armies/models already and the information in the books is obsolete by our standards of building and painting, so the subscription is not as good as it is for someone that is starting out in the hobby.

If you are new to the hobby its an amazing deal, but if you were new to the hobby you probably wouldn't be on these forums.

That's exactly what this is; it builds up knowledge of the setting week by week, started off basic with painting and subsequently added in techniques like shading and drybrushing (and including the relevant paint types and brushes along the way), walks you through very simple scenarios which explain certain aspects of the game, and get more detailed as the collection goes on, to the point where only relatively recently (20-odd weeks in) did the core 40k rules get included. It's absolutely perfect for beginners. 

Even if you are not a beginner and just looking at the raw value in terms of the models, it is mostly excellent (£7.99 for a ~£20 kit is not at all uncommon), and is never worse than face value for the contents. It is absolutely not a rip-off by any reckoning, in fact it could be frequently described as an absolute bargain.

(That's the core subscription though, i.e. the content you can buy at the newsagent if you prefer; I have no opinion on the Premium aspect other than I didn't opt for it because it didn't look like the extras were worth the additional £1.50 per issue.)

Edited by Halandaar

The basic subscription isn't a rip off in the slightest.

IIRC the total cost of the subscription is roughly £625, and the total value of the minis, paints, brushes and terrain you receive within it is about £1100. I'd hardly call a saving of nearly £500 a rip off! I'd go so far as to call that an absolute bargain. If you assume a minimal value for the magazine itself and things like the pre-printed game mats that come with some of the issues, that saving gets even better.

The issue people are seeing is that the "Premium" upgrade to the subscription really isn't worth the money, as all it has provided so far is two sets of dice, two slightly better quality game mats and some Datacards.

I also had a subscription to the old DeAgostini LoTR partwork, and Conquest is quite literally a 40k version of it. It works in almost exactly the same way.