Warhammer Conquest Issue List

Black Knight

I just got my latest delivery - did I miss an option somewhere or did they just charge me extra and send me an art book I never asked for/they never mentioned?

Same here, apparently there was an opt-out letter sent in the previous delivery. I didn't get the letter either and currently I'm in a dispute with them over it. Subscription cancelled.

Pity, had been waiting for years for this magazine to come out and it took them five months to make me so annoyed that I cancelled it

Edited by Toomanyprojects

I just called them and gave them a piece of my mind about their dubiously unethical business practice of either not sending the letter or even if they did (I admit I assumed the paper was the standard reciept/invoice and only scanned it) hiding it in the over Christmas delivery when people are busy.

I've been told I can send it back freepost and be refunded the extra charge:

Hachette Freepost NEA9013
Jarrow
NE32 3BR

I'm going to try that and keep the sub for now, but they are definitely on their last chance.

I will be getting my order with the letter later this month but it is definitely on my order list on their website. 

Can anyone here confirm if it is the same art book as the one from the Dark Imperium limited edition rule book that cost ~£200?

It looks similar from the outside and also has a slip cover.

Edited by Black_Knight

I just got my latest delivery - did I miss an option somewhere or did they just charge me extra and send me an art book I never asked for/they never mentioned?

You were notified when you signed up. When you subscribed you were notified that throughout the subscription you would be receiving additional special issues such as this art book:

As a subscriber, you will automatically receive binders as they become available at £7.99 (€9.99) each. You will also receive special issues, though you will have the option to opt out of these beforehand.

That's quoted from the T&Cs when you subscribe on the Hachette site.

I agree it's not good if people didn't receive the opt out letters, but subscribers have know about this for quite some time, and there was even a discussion about it in this thread back on Page 8.

Edited by Corus Belial

It does feel a bit underhand. Almost like they're hoping to get a few extra sales from people who just throw away the letters without reading them or forget to cancel. An opt in option for the book would have felt a lot more honest.

I just called them and gave them a piece of my mind about their dubiously unethical business practice of either not sending the letter or even if they did (I admit I assumed the paper was the standard reciept/invoice and only scanned it) hiding it in the over Christmas delivery when people are busy.

I've been told I can send it back freepost and be refunded the extra charge:

Hachette Freepost NEA9013

Jarrow

NE32 3BR

I'm going to try that and keep the sub for now, but they are definitely on their last chance.

I feel prophetic.

While technically right that subscribers were made aware through the T&Cs and opt-out letter, Hatchette's actions are still underhand. It's not coincidence that the information about all these extra charges is in the T&C and not advertised in the general subscription information. It's not a coincidence that the artbook letters were sent out with the order that lined up with Christmas, the busiest time of year for almost everybody. Hatchette haven't broken any laws, but they've done the bare minimum required to keep people informed and timed things so that they were most likely to result in incidental sales. I'm not in the least bit surprised that within days of people starting to recieve their artbooks we already have fraeter on here upset that they've been caught out by this. Is it their own fault for not reading the T&C and the literature supplied with last months magazines*? Yes, of course it is. But it's also shady of Hatchette to communicate the way they did instead of being clearer and timing things better.

I'd recommend anybody who is subscribed to Conquest (or any other Hatchette publication) to keep an eye on this thread and other's like it, just in case there's something you miss that results in a surprise purchase.

* Assuming they even got the opt-out letter.

They 'get away with it' because people don't actually read the terms of the contract then get annoyed when they find out what they said.

(Lawyer rant: I hate the phrase 'terms AND conditions.' In contract law contracts have just terms, which are themselves either conditions or warranties, therefore all 'conditions' are in fact 'terms.' so it's a completely redundant waste of words to say 'terms and conditions'!)

Edited by Brother Adelard

Agreed; it's there in the terms people should have read when they signed up and if they didn't want it, they should have opted out a month in advance instead of chucking the letters away.

As for "wah it was Christmas no fair", I bet you checked the other boxes received in that time to check everything was as expected.

Agreed; it's there in the terms people should have read when they signed up and if they didn't want it, they should have opted out a month in advance instead of chucking the letters away.

Thanks for clearing that up for me with your intimate knowledge of what I got in my mail. 

For the total avoidance of doubt, I have not "chucked" anything away and carefully checked EVERYTHING that I got and there was NO letter informing me about anything to do with this art book. Please don't make assumptions based on what you think you know. 

Edited by Toomanyprojects

Thanks for clearing that up for me with your intimate knowledge of what I got in my mail.

For the total avoidance of doubt, I have not "chucked" anything away and carefully checked EVERYTHING that I got and there was NO letter informing me about anything to do with this art book. Please don't make assumptions based on what you think you know.

Okay. Well it sucks if you didn't get the letter, although it seems that everybody else did, so it can probably be put down to an individual packing/admin error.

I appreciate that it's frustrating to only find out about something after you've already received it. That said, if you "carefully checked EVERYTHING" you will have noticed there was an item missing from your fifth delivery. The letter had it's own product code (S1 OPT-OUT LETTER), and was listed on the usual sheet detailing what's included in the package. So there was a little flag there to follow up if you didn't get the letter in the batch.

It's also listed as an item to be delivered in batch five in the Hachette online account manager. Presumably it's labelled clearly like this so it's easy to see things that are outside the normal pattern of issues.

gallery_84244_11417_14148.jpg

As previously mentioned, the art book and related opt-out was already discussed here earlier, in a separate thread in News & Rumours, and on various other sites/blogs/social media for several weeks. (Not that you should need to follow online discussion to find out about such things, just pointing out that it's been common knowledge since before Christmas)

Anyway, in spite of these various things, you ended up with the book and didn't want it. Sure, you could cancel your entire subscription, it just seems a bit petulant given that you explicitly agreed to receive extra items when you signed up, and you could just return it for no cost and get a full refund, as per the terms of the subscription.

I've just popped to WH Smiths (other newsagents are available :) ) and bought the new issue - on the back, the preview for the next two issues states for Issue 25 "Complete your Redemptor" (emphasis mine).  So it looks to me that, for those of us who buy weekly/ad hoc, you'll need both issues 24 and 25 to get the complete Redemptor Dread.  If you're a subscriber I guess you'll get the whole thing together, in your monthly/regular delivery, so whether it's in one or two issues is a bit moot for you lucky people! :)

I've just popped to WH Smiths (other newsagents are available :smile.: ) and bought the new issue - on the back, the preview for the next two issues states for Issue 25 "Complete your Redemptor" (emphasis mine).  So it looks to me that, for those of us who buy weekly/ad hoc, you'll need both issues 24 and 25 to get the complete Redemptor Dread.  If you're a subscriber I guess you'll get the whole thing together, in your monthly/regular delivery, so whether it's in one or two issues is a bit moot for you lucky people! :smile.:

I guessed this would be the case, there's no way they'd package the entire Redemptor in one issue. 

Although, it will be interesting to see how the sprues will be split as from what I can see the parts are spread out in such a way that it's impossible to complete anything without both other sprues.

FP has the covers for up to issue 30 posted on their site. Rhino is split over 26 - 28 with issue 28 saying "Complete your Rhino" on the front cover.

Issue 29 is the Inceptor Sergeant, Intercessor Sergeant, Hellblaster Sergeant, and Gravis Captain, which is a bargain for £7.99.

FP has the covers for up to issue 30 posted on their site. Rhino is split over 26 - 28 with issue 28 saying "Complete your Rhino" on the front cover.

Issue 29 is the Inceptor Sergeant, Intercessor Sergeant, Hellblaster Sergeant, and Gravis Captain, which is a bargain for £7.99.

Just a quick note, the product entries for issues 26 and 27 on Forbidden Planet are both showing the cover of issue 27 which is making it look like the Rhino is over three issues, which it isn't; 26 should be paints only.

I saw the same front cover, Hatchette should be updating their page soon so should be able to get the picture from there.

People who have their art book already, appart from the cover does it have anything conquest related in it or is it a previously printed GW book with a new cover?

I've been able to pick them up on Tuesday's until today.  Was told that WHSmiths are now only getting a single copy at my local despite them being very popular - talk about supply and demand enforced!  One day I'll choose a game where products are made in good numbers and not short changed during pre-release lol :)

That's a really awkward sprue split if you get lumbered without being able to get the second Redemptor issue!