+ Necromunda: News, Previews and New Releases thread +

Ranulf

Given the sneak peaks on offer at the 2019 Horus Heresy Weekender, it looks like it's going to be a bumper year for Necromunda.

With all of the original house gangs out of the way, along with their respective Forgeworld upgrade packs, (well, nearly) we're likely to see even more hangers-on, hired-guns and brutes released this year. Furthermore there's a large section of the gaming community with their fingers firmly crossed for further gangs, both re-imagined old favourites and entirely new concepts.  

The purpose of this thread is for the discussion of all news, previews of upcoming releases and new releases pertaining to Necromunda: Underhive. 

+++

Some of the miniatures previewed at HH Weekender, but not yet released:

The new Bounty Hunters Yar Umbra and The Deserter:

HNyME1C.jpg

TE37EiO.jpg

Ragnir Gunnstein (The coolest Squat Ammo-Jack ever) and generic Ammo-Jack:

yZnezL4.jpg

HA3TO92.jpg

Dome-Runner:

vPZsziN.jpg

I love the fact that FW is bringing out these guys and girls. (and Squats!) While I'm a keen converter who is looking forward to kitbashing the hell out of some hired-guns and hangers-on, having high-quality resin minis available is the icing on the cake. I really hope we'll continue to see releases relating to all of the oddities found in the Gang War books.

+++

Concept art - Something Van Saar related or (fingers-crossed) a Spyrer Hunter Yeld....

Y6TJ8IU.jpg

+++

While it looks to be the spitballing of early-stage ideas, these are very cool:

CDTv87S.jpg

WTb2eqP.jpg

HuweHHN.jpg

oD6VOC8.jpg

I'm not going to lie - when I read "Battles in the endless polluted Ash Wastes, on foot and vehicle-born" I may have emitted a very unmanly squeal. Necromunda meets GorkaMorka with a sprinkle of Mad Max for flavour. Emperor on Terra, let it be so...

-Ran

Edited by Dosjetka
Edited tags.

The Van Saar guy was a tech obsessed Bounty Hunter I think, there are also some more Gang Brutes on the way (brutes might be the wrong term tbh) like the Cawdor Executioner:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/WHFestLiveBlog-August18-CawdorExecutioner-3pq-1.jpg

He looks pretty hot. 

WarhammerTV on Twitch has confirmed that Kal Jerico and Scabs will be coming as plastic miniatures for the Q2 release:

uURbP95.jpg

Also featured was a painted version of the resin Squat Ammo-Jack Ragnir Gunnstein:

oLotCxp.jpg

-Ran

Edited by Lord Ranulf

I need that Squat. He looks so good! Think I'll get some Kharadon Overlords and try kitbash a Squat Venator gang :biggrin.:

Preaching to the converted here. I'm hoping for more Squat releases...

Plastic, eh? That's a surprise. I'm assuming they're assuming he's going to be popular enough to warrant a plastic mold.

Aye, it seems like a strange choice to dedicate a plastic mold too. Upgrade sprues for existing gangs (Leader/Champ/Juves) I thought would have made more sense than a mini that (some) players will only buy one of. :huh.:

Ash Wastes you say??? Vehicles you say?? Ok GW all is forgiven, you have finally given me all I have ever wanted from you. 

Somebody needs to start a petition, or a hashtag campaign, or deliver some large cash kickbacks to those in charge to make that bullet point concept a reality. 

-Ran

Two new Necromunda releases from the Black Library have been announced:

JmxocWz.jpg

QfKrFpg.jpg

Not sure what's up with the dimentions of the Venators release - looks like a coffee table book. Includes peaceful scenic landscape photos of the Underhive perhaps? :wink:

-Ran

Maybe Venators is just a text version of the audios they released? The characters had their own audio around Christmas - I only have the one with Half Horn so far. 

• 3 weeks later...

I remember additional sprues for existing gangs, with parts for juves, champions and more weapon options. Was that confirmed being plastic, and has there been even the slightest hint to a release date?

Juve bits would come in handy before I crack on and buy a load of Cawdor, getting it all at the same time would be handy. Some FW weapons and heads as well. :wub:

Yar Umbra and The Deserter are now up for pre-order: Warhammer Community link.

I remember additional sprues for existing gangs, with parts for juves, champions and more weapon options. Was that confirmed being plastic, and has there been even the slightest hint to a release date?

The rumour is still out there but I haven't heard anything more official lately. :sad.:

-Ran

Over a year ago they previewed some art for a Goliath king and Escher queen. Is there any recent news about them?

Nothing. And given FWs quite frankly annoying obession with hired guns (Bounter Hunters are the Primaris Lts of Necromunda at this point) I wouldn't hold your breath. They haven't even released the Delaque upgrade kits yet, then we still need the brutes and exotic animals for each gang as only the Goliath Sump Kroc is out. FW really need to get their heads out of their arses and finish the basic stuff for the House gangs before they get all excited about these wacky hired gun concepts again. But I've seen from a distance the :censored: show that is the Horus Heresy releases, so I'm not expecting them too. They basically sculpt what they feel like, when they feel like and sod the balance of releases. It's an awful way to do a release schedule.

Which reminds me, I need to go to the FW Facebook and respectfully bitch at them again because we've had another month and a half go by with nothing but more Bounty Hunters, rather than the bloody Delaque upgrades that our Delaque player needs before he assembles his basic gang. Poor dude can't actually play, even though he's had the Delaque gang for 4 months now :(.

Well, we've got Warhammer Fest on the 11th May with a dedicated Necromunda seminar and then the UK Games Expo on the 31st May.

Hopefully we'll see a plethora of new stuff announced/released. I do agree with the over-saturation of Hired Guns though - considering most of the Hired Gun line up are hardly attractive inclusions in gangs they really need to move on. Upgrade packs for Leaders/Champions/Juves, Brutes, Exotics should be the priority right now.

I wouldn't say no to that Goliath King getting a model though...

-Ran

Delaque upgrades that our Delaque player needs before he assembles his basic gang. Poor dude can't actually play, even though he's had the Delaque gang for 4 months now :sad.:.

How is that? Does the basic box not build a legal gang? :huh.:

Delaque upgrades that our Delaque player needs before he assembles his basic gang. Poor dude can't actually play, even though he's had the Delaque gang for 4 months now :sad.:.

How is that? Does the basic box not build a legal gang? :huh.:

It does, but it's really limiting. Unless you want lots of pistols that is. No aiming weapons, only one non-pistol basic weapon that can be put in the models hands, lack of variety etc. It's defenitely not one of the better boxes for basic gang building, on par with the Goliath for how limited it is (IMO). In the case of Delaque the head set also add a lot of variety to the gang and are really cool, so he doesn't want to build his gang without them. He can't even use headless guys because of how the heads fit into the Delaques - the neck pieces need to be put in before you combine the front and back of the torso, but the FW heads are one piece including the necks.

The cynic in me thinks that the limitations of the Delaque gang is why the GW website doesn't give a weapon list for them, unlike all the other gang boxes.

For anyone interested though, it's:

2 x Flechette pistol, 2 x hand flamer*, 2 x laspistol, 6 x autopistol, 4 x stub gun, 2 x holstered pistols, 2 x grav gun, 2 x shotgun (1 handed), 2 x autogun (holstered), 2 x long rifle (holstered), 2 x web gauntlet (holstered), 2 x stiletto knives (holstered), 4 x stiletto knife, 2 x shock stave.

Basic weapons are the problem, because with just 2 shotguns held in hands and then 2 holstered autoguns (meaning you need to do something else with the hands) the gang is severely lacking in them. If you want to go pistols all the way it's fine. There is at least a decent amount of hands without anything in them/holding random gear, but on the whole you can't do much more than some variation of the gang shown on the box for armament and poses. The FW upgrades open things up a lot more. To be fair they do that for all gangs, but for Delaque (and Goliath) they just feel more important to the starting gang.

* really, hand flamers in a basic gang.....I don't even know what to say to this :tongue.:.

Edited by Toxichobbit

The Delaque set is sort-of old news, and rather unspectacular for me. Good to have for anybody who likes it though!

Nothing in terms of Enforcer models, but the teaser video is well done anyway. Helmawr Enforcers confirmed! :thumbsup:

I find it amusing how many supressed weapons there are there and then there's one guy with a multimelta to create a roaring firestorm with. I love those Skitarii Ranger Delaque heads. It would be a hard decision for me to choose between Delaque and Escher now.

Anybody else noticed the next Warcry warband being revealed? Like the others: great Pitfighter material, with this guy also an excellent Ratskin Beastmaster (if there is such a thing):

Fest2019-Sat15-WarcrySF3ikcd-1.jpg

Edited by Darnok

Sorry for the double-post, but I just stumbled over these bits on Dakka²:

Necromunda

Ammo Jack and Domerunner are incredible models in a pack.

Delaque Weapons packs look fantastic. Snipers, Web Gauntlets and flamers.

Delaque heads are coming soon. Look great. Lots of optics.

Kal Jericho and Scabs are coming as a plastic release.

Next book is the Book of Peril. Badlands and Bad people. Venator Gang list.

New Dramatis Personae

Detailed rules for active terrain. Active Industrial terrain to carnivorous underhive fungus. 5 new Badzone scenarios and a badzone Trading Post.

Badzone environment cards. Region Soaked with the power of Chaos, Radiated section etc.

Card sleeves. Are coming.

Aaaand. . .next Gang is: Enforcers. Teaser video coming soon.

That "Book of Peril" just sounds amazing!

Edited by Darnok