+ Necromunda: News, Previews and New Releases thread +

Ranulf

Enforcers aren't Arbites (think city cops vs FBI or Interpol) and IIRC the old Arbites minis were given a gang list in a WD so they could be used in Necromunda games and the two have mistaken ever since. I'm expecting Helmawr's Enforcers to look completely different from the Aribites aesthetic. 

I think he is more talking rules. I say: relax, and see what the list brings. If it fails to represent an existing Arbites gang, there is always the Venator list to use instead.

I feel like GW have missed a trick by not allowing photos to be taken in the Necromunda seminar. The news about Enforcers is very welcome but I can't help thinking that the event seemed a little flat compared to previous seminars. The lack of information and dodgy photographs of artwork, ideas and future projects has lowered the excitement level for me.

Previous seminars offered a (possible) glimpse into 'Munda's future, helped stir the imagination and made players feel like we were in it together by allowing everyone access to developer's ideas even when a person couldn't attend. Not allowing photos has stymied this for those of us who couldn't attend and I hope they rethink this decision at future events.

It's worth persevering with Slavey.

While the rules might not be perfect (what is?), Necromunda is the most enjoyable rule set that GW has ever made IMO. The game mechanics allow players to explore all sorts of narrative ideas at a much more intimate scale and it feels like a better version of Rogue Trader of old.....which for an old git like me, is all that I want :biggrin.:

It's worth persevering with Slavey.

While the rules might not be perfect (what is?), Necromunda is the most enjoyable rule set that GW has ever made IMO. The game mechanics allow players to explore all sorts of narrative ideas at a much more intimate scale and it feels like a better version of Rogue Trader of old.....which for an old git like me, is all that I want :biggrin.:

Oh yea totally agreed. Just how they handle everything with its release, like the tabletop rules being available on release day in another book, releasing other stuff before all the core gangs were released amongst other things. The whole thing felt... Rushed and unfinished. 

Still better than 8th ed, theres no Primaris running around. 

As long as they give me Ash Wastes rules sooner than later so I can scream WITNESS!!!!!! at the top of my lungs and fill my mouth with spray cream Ill be happy. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

I think right now Necromunda is in a better shape than ever before. One book for the rules, one for the gangs and assorted bits, plus all six house gangs and a variety of brutes and bounty hunters. True, the way up to this point was... let's just call it less than perfect. As things are now though? I have nothing to complain.

With all the basics sorted out by now, everything from now on is icing on the cake really.

Seems like the rumoured book is closer than I thought:

60936197_1312127218944648_27782353252505

Steep price on Kal&Scabs, but you do get two characters...

Stealth release on the book though, a most pleasant surprise! :yes:

I feel like GW have missed a trick by not allowing photos to be taken in the Necromunda seminar. The news about Enforcers is very welcome but I can't help thinking that the event seemed a little flat compared to previous seminars. The lack of information and dodgy photographs of artwork, ideas and future projects has lowered the excitement level for me.

Previous seminars offered a (possible) glimpse into 'Munda's future, helped stir the imagination and made players feel like we were in it together by allowing everyone access to developer's ideas even when a person couldn't attend. Not allowing photos has stymied this for those of us who couldn't attend and I hope they rethink this decision at future events.

wait, is there any news/rumors about the Enforcers beyond the official teaser that showed us basically nothing besides a logo?

wait, is there any news/rumors about the Enforcers beyond the official teaser that showed us basically nothing besides a logo?

They are supposed to have rules in the upcoming book, so we might see pictures by the end of next week (assuming it goes on pre-order this Saturday).

Never understood arbites being in Necromunda. They are the Imperium, Necromunda is a local affair. Enforcers is a much better fit. I think if arbites are added, there should be Inquisitors guns for hire, better fleshed out GSC and chaos cultist gangs. 

Meehh... was hyped for enforcers =(

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed. On the other hand this book adds actually new background and rules around it. So far everything was more or less a remake of older stuff, and now this changes. I am still excited! Enforcers will come, just further down the road.

Darn, was hoping to see Enforcers in Book of Peril. I really hope you can use Kal without having to buy yet another book, ie rules in next months WD, but looks unlikely

I can understand a book for Enforcers, but not for one character

Now this came out of nowhere, but: new Gang Tactics cards as free PDF downloads!

NECGangTactics-May24-Share1.jpg

As anybody who has used Gang Tactics cards in Necromunda knows, they can be potentially game-changing. Today, we are releasing a brand-new set of cards as a PDF download!

The underhive is a dangerous place and your gang needs every advantage that it can get if it wants to make it to the top – this is where Gang Tactics cards come in. They give a one-shot boost to your gang that can help you get out of a sticky situation.* There are two types of Gang Tactics cards – those can only be taken by specific gangs and those that can be taken by anybody.

NECGangTactics-May24-GangsOnScenery.jpg

For anybody looking for more options in their Gang Tactics decks or for people who would like to give Gang Tactics a try, we are releasing some exclusive cards to download as a PDF. As well as 8 new universal cards, each House also gets a new specific tactic and there are Gang Tactics cards for Genestealer Cult, Chaos Helots and Venator gangs for the first time.

ChaosCults-Sep4-Download-3qq.png

Let’s take a look at some of these new cards…

How many times have you found your most dangerous foe right in the sights of your most deadly weapon only to fail to hit, to wound, or to roll poorly with the Injury dice? Well, sometimes it’s better being lucky than good:

NECGangTactics-May24-Lucky-Shot.jpg

It can be very tempting to ignore a fighter that has already activated this round – after all, they’ve taken their actions, what danger could they be now? Well, as long as you have another fighter with a Ready marker, Bait and Switch allows you to use a fighter for a second time in the Action phase. This can be especially useful for taking another turn with your gang Leader or a Champion armed with a particularly devastating weapon.

NECGangTactics-May24-Bait-and-Switch.jpg

One of the keys to success in Necromunda is making the most of action efficiency. Goliath and Van Saar gangs will be pleased to see two cards that let them do this while also playing into the strengths of each House.

NECGangTactics-May24-Stimm-Rapid.jpg

Any of these cards can be the proverbial ace up your sleeve just when you need it.

Speaking of sleeves, you’ll be able to protect your Gang Tactics cards from the horrors of the underhive with these special Necromunda card sleeves, which are available to pre-order from tomorrow.

NECGangTactics-May24-Sleeves-1.jpg

Download the exclusive Gang Tactics PDF now!

* In the underhive, it’s best not to ask where the stickiness came from.

Edited by Darnok

Free stuff is always nice but my group stopped using tactics cards a while ago and I can't see us using them apart from from the odd special scenario.

We've found that the game mechanics are good enough that they're not really needed and they actually detract from the game rather than enhance it. The idea of cards seems to be in vogue across all of GW's games at the moment, but IMO it's just another game mechanic that throws off the game balance even further (looking at you in particular 8th edition) or reduces the enjoyment by increasing frustration which often leaves players feeling like they've been cheated out of their game.