+ Necromunda: News, Previews and New Releases thread +

Ranulf

Something which has just occurred to me which may be an interesting mechanic for cards. Bring a deck of twenty cards each and before you start your game, roll a dice. On a 4+ you switch your deck with your opponent (and you ignore any gang specific restrictions e.g. if your Escher gang ended up swapping decks with a Cawdor gang, the Escher gang can make use of exclusive cards like Effigy of the Damned for that game). I think it would be an interesting exercise as you can bring all the really powerful cards, but there’s a 50:50 chance you give them to your opponent instead. It may encourage use of the less popular cards.

Anyway, given this is the thread for new releases, do people think we’ll see a return of the out of print gang cards? It seems an odd choice to sell sleeves for a product you no longer sell.

Dallo

Hey don't get me wrong, the Tactics cards can add to the game when they're used in the right spirit, it's just that we've found that we have to go out of our way to make them entertaining (restricted decks, random draws, special scenarios, levelling the gang rating etc.). If we play them as written, we have found that they skew the game play too much and both players usually find that they dominate the outcome too much rather than just adding flavour.

The sleeve cards aren't what I was expecting, I thought they'd be like a sheet that held 10 cards rather than being individual sized. The individual card sleeves make me think that Tactic cards will be downloadable so that they can fit in the sleeves and allow them to be used by people who didn't have the original cards.

Anyway, given this is the thread for new releases, do people think we’ll see a return of the out of print gang cards? It seems an odd choice to sell sleeves for a product you no longer sell.

Aye on the bolded part, which is why I believe we will see either a reprint or entirely new cards sooner rather than later.

I wonder if the Venators stuffs changed much from the WD article?

I can tell you once the book is in my hands, I have the WD to compare (German though...).

I wonder if the Venators stuffs changed much from the WD article?

I can tell you once the book is in my hands, I have the WD to compare (German though...).
Ahh danke, sehr geschätzt.

Half tempted to use them as carapace armoured Recon Squads in my 30k force.

I'm tempted to do the same. Plus, they'd look distinct enough from my Sniper Scouts so that I wouldn't easily confuse the two (yes, even with the sniper rifles I've mistaken some for the other :laugh.:)

However, in the main thread for UK Expo, Triszin pointed something out:

Ahh my god, these are perfect for my gears of war themed gsc and Astra militarum ideas

And he's right:

Their helmets even look similar to the Onyx Guard:

1516137559_1969465-onyx_guard.jpg

If you smooth down the front of the face-plate, shave off the top part of the helmet, you instantly have 40k-ified Onyx Guard helmets.

Edited by Gederas

Not a fan of the new enforcers - I much prefer the blocky look of the previous set.  To me, these look more like pared down space marines - they look like generic sci fi law enforcement rather than something that would fit in the over the top 40K universe.

Do like the cultists though, but not their leader so much.

To me, these look more like pared down space marines 

Well, that's the whole idea behind their look, and their paint scheme - they are supposed to look like Space Marines, and like Cawdor to Custodes, these guys are prolly the most "Space Marine" any normal Guy or Girl on Necromunda may see his whole life!

Loving both the Enforcers and the new Cultists myself. My only issue with the latter is their price - coming in a BSF expansion will make them expensive to get. BUt hey, another Chaos Cult for me!

I'm actually just a bit sad that we didn't got female Enforcers*.

* Yes, you could do the Genestealer Cult approach, and just use female heads I guess - are female Genestealer models really not thinner? (besides the Magos). Anyone got the Jackal Alpha for comparison shots?

I think it sums up how off the mark the Enforcers are when almost every positive post is about using them for Space Marine Scouts.

The Marine helmets are just silly.

Luckily, there are ways to easily solve the helmet issue ;)

https://madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Police&inc_subcat=0&sort=20a&page=1

I have read a lot of praise of the new Enforcers already, and only a small part of it was related to the "Primaris look".

Looking forward to working with the kit as is - just the colours have to change!

I think it sums up how off the mark the Enforcers are when almost every positive post is about using them for Space Marine Scouts.

The Marine helmets are just silly. 

I think it's more telling of how old and awful the SM scouts are. I think the enforcers hit the mark pretty close and I'm getting some to actually use in Necromunda games. 

Slightly disappointed in the enforcers. Was expecting more bulk and something a little more threatening. To slim and streamlined. Was also expecting more melee options, mauls, chainswords, riot shield ECT.

Still cool but just not what I wanted in enforcers.

Might try and pick up some of the new black stone cultists instead.

I have read a lot of praise of the new Enforcers already, and only a small part of it was related to the "Primaris look".

Looking forward to working with the kit as is - just the colours have to change!

Actually, I think they are supposed to look like mark IV rather than Primaris helmets. Necromunda was complied during the Great Crusade after all. Oh, and for that reason they would fit nicely for Iron Warriors Militia