+ Necromunda: News, Previews and New Releases thread +

Ranulf

What's CTAC?

From Altered Carbon. Colonial Tactical Assault Corps. They're basically a mix of Special Forces and SWAT, used in-universe to put down criminal activity (like killing yakuza bosses and raiding drug labs). They get bonus pay and leave based on things like kill-count.

With the Van Saar helmet, they're pretty damn close to CTAC troops.

I think I'll run mine closer to the old Arbites/Dredd theme though, with one of these options:

http://anvilindustry.co.uk/Regiments/Infantry-Heads-Helmets/council-marine-helmets?limit=100

https://madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_10&products_id=327

-Ran

I'm actually just a bit sad that we didn't got female Enforcers*.

* Yes, you could do the Genestealer Cult approach, and just use female heads I guess - are female Genestealer models really not thinner? (besides the Magos). Anyone got the Jackal Alpha for comparison shots?

My friend who has Genestealer cult has already discussed this with me: The female Magus and the Jackal Alpha are thinner, but also TALLER than their male compatriots.

• 1 month later...

The only thing I don't like about this cool mini is its price. In line with what GW is charging for many of their character models these days - but that was :censored: already.

The only thing I don't like about this cool mini is that he's holding a wrench (spanner for you lot what talk funny) while his gun is open for reloading.

I noticed and dislike that, too. It would have been nice to have had the option of a hand with a shotgun slug in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Necromunda-logo-transparent-1.png The Enforcers

Sure, gang warfare is fun – but sometimes you want to crack some skulls in the name of truth, justice and heavy-handed authoritarian brutality. And for that, you’ve got the all-new, all-plastic Palanite Enforcers – representing the closest thing Necromunda has to a police force. Just looking at them makes us want to be more upright, law-abiding Imperial citizens… 

POPreview-July27-EnforcersTerrain-fk4i.j

The new Enforcer kit reimagines these jackbooted thugs from the ground up, giving them a practical, military aesthetic that nevertheless feels right at home in the 41st Millennium. Inside, you’ll find everything you need to build your very own Palanite Enforcer Patrol. Packed with loads of accessories and options, each member of your squad can look distinct despite being in uniform. 

POPreview-July27-Enforcers-zls2.jpg

With a choice of 12 heads and 6 poses, plus loads of shotguns, boltguns, sniper rifles and other most certainly lethal options, you’ll be able to tool up your gang to your tastes – or just make sure that when they’re cracking heads, they look great doing it. The kit is also full of great conversion opportunities, and there is some pretty rad potential for sprucing up your wider Warhammer 40,000 collection.

The Enforcers will be available alongside some nifty accessories, with Gang Tactics cards and, of course, custom dice.

POPreview-July27-EnforcersCards-q19.jpg POPreview-July27-EnforcerDice-kyl3.jpg

In the Law and Misrule campaign, you’ll find your gangs fighting for control of the various criminal rackets that conduct their sinister business in the underhive. There are also intrigues you can add to your games that bring new levels of strategy and subterfuge – make sure you pick up the Intrigues and Rackets cards to easily keep track of both and your gangs will be scheming and plotting their way to victory in no time.

POPreview-July27-BookofJudgement-tl31.jp

POPreview-July27-IntriguesRackets-bkl3.j

Around the taverns and backstreets of Necromunda there are certain names that every ganger knows – legendary Hired Guns whose deeds are spoken of with hushed awe and askance glances. These are the most feared individuals in the underhive and, for the right fee, they will aid House gangs in their fight for survival. The Dramatis Personae cards bring the rules for these celebrated fighters together in one place and are ideal if you’ve picked up any of Forge World’s Bounty Hunter models.

POPreview-July27-DramatisPersonae-2lej.j

Sometimes, gangs find themselves completely outmatched by their opponents, but in our experience, that just makes the underdogs fight all the harder (and/or dirtier). These cards add a level of parity between two gangs that would otherwise be seriously mismatched – grab them and teach an underdog some new tricks*!

POPreview-July27-Underdog3dmd.jpg

Pre-order these models later this week, keep an eye out for more previews and rules focuses throughout the next few days, and stay subscribed to our newsletter for the latest updates delivered right to your inbox.

*We regret nothing.

Ninja'd.

Dang, that's going to be expensive. :sweat:

I am going to order the Enforcer Dice and possibly both the card packs - those things sell out really quick but the book and the enforcers themselves should stick around. 

the book and the enforcers themselves should stick around. 

The Enforcers will be around for a while, but "The Book of Peril" was sold out super fast. If you want the next one, get it as soon as possible.

Edited by Darnok

the book and the enforcers themselves should stick around. 

The Enforcers will be around for a while, but "The Book of Peril" was sold out super fast. If you want the next one, get it as soon as possible.

Good point :)