NiftyVT's Xana II Mechanicum

Great conversions and painting they look fantastic!

Thanks! I have 10 or so more minis on the painting table about 1/3 done. I planned on finishing them up this past long holiday weekend but I missed out on painting due to an eye issue. I have to spear this cream UNDER my eye lids 3 times a day and it basically makes me blind for an hour or 2. Hopefully I will only have to do it until this friday but it has put a full stop on any hobby progress.

I love the 30k tanks and you are making me realise that I can't have three normal posed Tech Priests anymore, time I put them under the knife...

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone! Hopefully I will be back in painting action soon! Sadly I have to do the half blinding eye cream for another 2 weeks so very little is getting done hobby wise. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a little brush work in. The 5 Ruststalkers are ready for oil wash. And I only need to do the odd detail on the 2 Myrmidons. Then I will oil wash all 7.

I also did some odds and ends on the Castigator and Tech Thralls as spare paint allowed.

Edited by NiftyVT

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the trim on the Castigator. Only blocking in left will take some masking work and the airbrush. Then its time to finish up the little details, highlight a little here and there, scratch it it up 'just' enough, oil wash, decals and finally mount it to its base. . .yep almost done lol!:biggrin.:

Edited by NiftyVT

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, I am not liking the way the 40k Mechanicum aesthetic is going. I might be able to save the new flier but it would take some effort and cost a lot in extra parts.

If the next release is more of the same junk my mech will probably be put on hold and I will pivot to more Knights or maybe something new, might not even be 40k. I would only be adding the odd counts as conversion to the Mech whenever I get the money for parts and inspiration. Or Forgeworld additions as I save up gift cards.

Little airbrushing this morning. Quick mask with silly putty and done! Silly putty is one of the best things to quickly mask pretty much anything! I cut in the edge between the off white and metallic area by hand before I masked and airbrushed. And the big brush in the first pic is my dusting brush (aka cheap large makeup brush from walmart). . .yeah its been a while since I worked on the Castigators main carapace. :biggrin.:

49182653636_dac01c6190_c.jpg20191207_085229 by nifty, on Flickr

49182653626_c5e27cc9e2_c.jpg20191207_090210 by nifty, on Flickr

49182157243_c79129dc37_c.jpg20191207_090400 by nifty, on Flickr

And I wasnt happy with the black on the gun shield that I hand painted so I threw on some more silly putty and gave a it a quick couple coats with the airbrush. Nice and smooth now.

49182254153_110dbccd77_c.jpg20191207_093226 by nifty, on Flickr

Edited by NiftyVT

• 3 weeks later...

I got enough Forgeworld giftcards throughout this year (and last year) to finally place an order. Picked up Scoria and a Termite Assault drill. Be on the lookout for progress shots once they arrive!

$20-50 a pop adds up. =)

And I got a gift card for my local hobby shop that I am going to use for a project that I am going to keep under wraps until it's done. =P

Starting the year off right. Just finished up the oil wash and spreading goop on bases. Should be able to finish them up later tonight or tomorrow morning. Another addition to my Titanicus hanging in the back. :cool.: The Rust Stalkers are a beat up model save from a friends bits box. He just handed me the 5 and they were in pieces and missing some arms! 

Oh, and the Castigators brush work is pretty much complete and I did the oil wash on his base at the same time as this batch. Now I just need to decide if I am going to weather him up like I did Mr Vultarax or keep him somewhat clean. I have been staring at the Castigator all day trying to decide! 

49329547878_4ccef4b380_c.jpg20200104_173315 by nifty, on Flickr

Edited by NiftyVT

What a great use for the mountain of Dominii piling up in every Admech collector's cupboards. :D

I really like that dark metallic colour, it looks great.

Thanks! The one in the middle is the 3rd conversion of the bunch and I think he turned out the best. His little side arms are made from my pile of pointing Skitarii alpha arms. =) I want to eventually get 2 more Dominii and make 2 more like the middle guy.

One of the best mech/admech armies ever done.

Thanks so much! Currently painting some Blood Angel's... hobby ADD is real lol. Next thing up for the Dark Mech are my 20 Tech Thralls. They did a great job in my last game being meat shields and somehow managed to drag down a few marines in close combat so they deserve it!