NiftyVT's Xana II Mechanicum

Those banners are brilliant. Will be good to see them fitted. You've got some fantastic knights.

Got one mounted to the Acheron last night! Forgeworld decals are brilliant. . .a huge pain to apply but that's where micro sol (a lot of it!) comes in.

• 3 weeks later...

Work continues on the hoard of Tech Thralls. These guys are a painting slug fest. So many little details for a 4 point model that dies to a stiff breeze. . .but they are fearless. They are pretty much in every list I make and are usually the only thing thats not fully painted so I decided its time to get them over with. Main colors are blocked in. Next up is armor trim, tubes/wires/lenses, some bronze here and there and chest symbols (bronze for the black armor and classic black/white for the white armor ones). Then maybe a few transfers from the Titanicus Malinax sheet for some arm tattoos and face mask writing followed by an oil wash. Still a lot to do on them! 

49505834713_19a9425c77_c.jpg20200208_113110 by nifty, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

That's a tough question but since there's a few people on the board that collect the same Knight faction as yours perhaps air support could be a way to make your army stand out? I believe you'll make a good job of either project. Good luck whichever you choose. :smile.:

Edited by Magos Takatus

Question for the gallery. What should I buy next?

2x Moriax with Lightning guns (will pick up alternate weapons from Taro Modelmaker).

or

1x Lightning Fighter.

Will order this Friday or earlier.

For army comp I'd go with the Moriax, while the flyer is nice it's more for Militarium then Mechanicus.

Moiraxes.

I mean, the AdMech flyer is on the way anyway, and lightning Moiraxes are damn nice MEQ lawnmowers. And look definitely fitting for AdMech, as well as being easy to assemble.

Yeah I do really like the little robots. I am now looking forward to the new AdMech flyer. It looks like garbage and is going to take a ton of work and $ to make acceptable. 

For army comp I'd go with the Moriax, while the flyer is nice it's more for Militarium then Mechanicus.

More for 30k and its in my Mechanicum red book so its Mechanicum through and through. I could put one heck of a creepy pilot in it too lol.  Or I think one (or a couple) of the Mechanicum  cortex spheres would be cool too. 

Thanks for the votes. Looks like the Moirax might win out! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Moirax, Scoria and the drill are getting primed today. Since he is a super special character lots of prep work and some extra attention to detail went into Scoria. Lots of green stuff went into the drill and I only needed a little bit for Scoria/Moirax for the odd air bubble here and there. Overall good casts all around.