Legio Gloriam - The Honour Bound

Cheers guys. Yeah, without the knight fist it could look a bit out of place. As for rules? No idea. Probably just use it as a sunfury or a quake cannon for the quake effect.

Another evening, another WIP! Not a fully completed titan this time, as it's a Warlord... I'm not that fast at painting, regrettably.

Shoulderplates, weapons and base left to go, once basing stuff arrives in the post. Not too bad at least! The back foot had all 4 toes and the 2 rear little plates sliced off, trimmed and repositioned to get a nice hefty walking pose. Pretty pleased with that.

5j1Jj0J.jpg

Rosz6tD.jpg

Very nice! I like the backfoot repositioning work in particular. You can actually bend the toes without having to slice them off, it takes a few iterations applying measured pressure each time. The first time I did it, I went a bit too far and eventually broke the toe free from the foot, it broke cleanly around the ball joint. 

Yeah, I could have just bent them, but I wanted a sharper angle really, so had to remove material. Cheers!

The little barrels from vanguard Miniatures arrived today, so managed to get this guy finished!

Almamlakat Tati, Kingdom Come, from Legio Sinae Alsalam - The Peace Makers. With that, my wife's titan battleforce box is done!

fJSP2uS.jpg

4vy01u3.jpg

vukdkHU.jpg

Cheers! It seems pretty well received overall.

I finally had weapons arrive, so I gave Intonat Adsensor a facelift with a new head and a retrofit with a new melta.

vDBZHST.jpg

Since his head was now spare, that went on Ostiarius and I finally got round to painting the ankle plates too.

R45CMYt.jpg

dNoi1lO.jpg

9VEvccL.jpg

Next up will likely be a fun project, though it may take a while.

Here's the next big project for Legio Gloriam, the Imperator Cedere Nescio - "I know not how to yield", which I frankly think is a very apt name!

The design was flagrantly copied from another on the FB AT18 group, though as I had a different layout of tiles I chopped and changed around which pieces I used where.

All the armour plates, towers and building bits are tacked together so they can be painted separately, and the entire top building part is actually magnetized for easy removal and so I can also use it as terrain!

All I have left to do is finishing up the shin pads and sourcing some more cable greebling for the underside of the buildings, but overall I'd say the basic build is done! Essentially just detailing left.

XCs0c4c.jpg

5Wjl1WU.jpg

Cheers guys! I've made more progress on Cedere Nescio. The front and both sides of the current upper structure is now edge highlighted, so I just have the back to go... then the central building and 4 towers to paint....

Main core torso is done, and in 4 more armour plates the torso will be entirely finished, leaving weapon arms and legs which isn't too bad!

Overall the absolutely longest process so far has been edge highlighting all that green on the buildings, and I'm almost halfway there...

HbyXWG3.jpg

qGslm0n.jpg

What part is that inverted curved support on either side of the head / center torso?

It is from the Sector Imperialis sets, same as the row of skulls. I would guess they are from the Sanctum set, like the statues.

As an alternative to the row of skulls I have seen one guy use Versatile Terrain name plates (flat rectangular ones) to decorate the edge of the platform with pseudo-latin text.

I also recognise bits from the old Imperator, Cities of Death, and old Epic tank turrets, Ork ones if not mistaken?

@Xanthier, it is a very nice use of all these bits, I love your conversion and the painting is top as usual! :thumbsup: 

Eager to see it complete.