Legio Gloriam - The Honour Bound

• 3 months later...

It's been a while eh?

I got back from a holiday a week and a half ago and thought, 'I really should finished up more titanicus stuff.' and so had a sit down and cranked out more Titanic goodness.

I finished assembling and painting up my third Warlord across a pair of lunch breaks and evenings, and in the last 2 days managed to get nearly all of Cedere Nescio painted up - just 5 buildings remain!

ra6fAIm.jpg

MwAO1xX.jpg

mPoeQDA.jpg

lfD2GZL.jpg

g3o84ji.jpg

zzt4r3l.jpg

tVvNKFp.jpg

nrJinE1.jpg

iVbcI8W.jpg

nCbYk9l.jpg

So that's the warlord Verbum Dei, 'Word of God', added to the ranks and Cedere Nescio, 'I know not to yield' almost completed! One of the biggest stumbling blocks for the Imperator was the shins as I wasn't happy with the previous ones, but these I'm fairly satisfied with. They have about the right bulk I had in mind when I first started building him.

So with just 5 buildings left to go to finish this chunky lad off, I'll probably consider how to add some more details to him like banners and such before fully considering him done. It's nice getting close to the end of such a big project.

Cheers! Bit of both really, patience combined with a steady hand and working fast to avoid any tremor.

Finished up the last tower, so Cedere Nescio is all done for now. It's pretty difficult taking a well lit picture of this guy without a big enough lightbox.

I'm thinking I should probably do something to break up the amount of green on the back of the buildings in the centre or so. In time I'll add banners and little guys to help with scale but for now, I'm glad to be finished with this chunky lad.

The top and all the spires/turrets are still removable for the very likely scenario that I won't be using him in game, so I can still use a good chunk of him as terrain.

Now I just need to wait for the next titans to arrive!

T1ncZvB.jpg
rvEx1LP.jpg
SgKWboI.jpg
l36gCi1.jpg

Cheers. Landing pad could work. Another suggestion someone gave was to pick out all the windows as stained glass. I'll certainly end up putting some extra colour or contrast there at some point.

Not as big of an update, but this chap arrived today to I put in another lunchbreak and evening of painting and bam, finished. Primus Sanguis, First Blood, of Legio Gloriam joins the fray.

fYET7Bc.jpg
5F4fMLt.jpg

Wait, you finished that in a day?

Yeah, from assembly to done was about 3 hours. I used a small portable heater to speed all the drying time which is the longest part usually. Well, that and the trim.

Also thanks Bjorn, it was the first running Warhound I've made so I'm quite fond of it.

I've put together, primed and washed this chap this evening, so we'll see how complete I get him over the weekend.

VJUfpEm.jpg

Practice mainly, though a Warhound really doesn't have that much trim.

All that's left now for this Warlord is an arm, the missiles and a bit more work on the metal areas of the base. I'm pretty pleased with how removing the eagles on the shoulder plates went.

faYLgrD.jpg