Echoes of Eisenstein - upscaling madness with the XIV

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @space wolf and @44er Tabletop, the Revenants are chugging along nicely. Currently trying to learn how to sculpt hair.

Meanwhile, some Epic: Armageddon once more.

4k NetEA Krieg vs. Marines, the banks of Forte-Kaysino stood firm in the Guard's hands. One of those tragicomic games where my marines just couldn't roll right to save their lives with Thunderhawks dropping down from the sky in flaming ruin with all hands lost, terminators melting under lasguns and the enemy Reaver on its last DC just not dying :D

1165490-.JPG
1165491-.JPG
1165492-.JPG
1165493-.JPG
1165494-.JPG
1165495-.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Other news on the Kill Team front, we had a nice evening with a casual three-way match between my wasteland guard, sadist elves and alien chickens.

1166586_sm-.jpg
1166587_sm-.jpg
1166588_sm-.jpg
1166589_sm-.jpg

After a catastrophic start for the guard against the elven meatgrinder, I managed to halt the chickens on one flank and convince them to take up arms against the elven onslaught in time to stabilise the situation and begin a counteroffensive, which saw the thin line of men ultimately triumph and throw back the xenos pirates. Tea and irradiated medals for the humble rifleman with 1 wound left standing on an objective surrounded by broken Kroot bodies :D

• 2 weeks later...

Painting on the Revenants has begun, but gaming has a habit of getting in the way...

The Iron Hands attempt a surprise strike on the Death Guard, who are priming a nuclear silo to blow up the whole continent. Though the Tenth bravely trudge through the roiling hellscape of phosphex and chemical clouds, their push is ultimately thrown back by an unyielding wall of terminators. The XIV hold their post doggedly, raise their middle-fingers to the sky and disappear in the mushroom cloud alongside the Iron Hands' hopes of a larger campaign effort.

1167283-.png
1167284-.png
1167285-.png
1167286-.png
1167287-.png
1167288-.png

1 hour ago, Smoke Frog said:

Fantastic Iron Hands! Love the big dreads sprinkled throughout :biggrin:

Kudos to my opponent, his IH look lovely indeed.

Big dreads rock! I've only really gotten to play with Contemptors and terminators in HH 2.0, so I fielded a bunch of stuff that hadn't seen the field yet, like Leviathans, the Scorpius, a Siege Breaker and whatnots. Good fun, especially when both of my Levis got absolutely blasted by the dual-grav Moritat hiding in the black-clad ranks, geebus that guy shreds machinery like there's no tomorrow :D

Whoa, those are coming along swimmingly! I'll admit I didn't really get what you were going for with these during the conversion stage, but the paintjob does an amazing job of pulling everything together so far! The model in the middle, in particular, looks tough as nails!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 6:06 PM, KrautScientist said:

Whoa, those are coming along swimmingly! I'll admit I didn't really get what you were going for with these during the conversion stage, but the paintjob does an amazing job of pulling everything together so far! The model in the middle, in particular, looks tough as nails!

Thanks Kraut, hope you enjoy the results then :D

-- || --

We do not build
We do not liberate
We are but ghosts
Memories of the Old Night

-- || --

Kill Team M29, Revenant Legion done! Let loose the angelic cannibals of the IX!

1168591-.jpg

The commander requires your attention, don't lose your head!

1168592-.jpg
1168593-.jpg
1168594-.jpg
1168595-.jpg
1168596-.jpg

Fire support requires occasional aiming.

1168597-.jpg
1168598-.jpg

Phosphex and assorted grenade-shaped treats for everyone!

1168599-.jpg
1168600-.jpg

Some proper dakka is needed even in the rad-wastes.

1168601-.jpg
1168602-.jpg

Sons of the Angel, knowingly or not, murderers one and all.

1168603-.jpg
1168604-.jpg
1168605-.jpg

With bolt and blade, no mutant shall threaten the nascent Imperium ever again.

1168606-.jpg
1168607-.jpg
1168608-.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

1169519_sm-.JPG

We started testing out the KT SpecOps campaign rules, combined with the area control shenanigans from Ashes of Faith. One week and a bunch of games later, the desert-trapped shrine city of Everflame has seen its fair share of bloodshed as a local freedom fighter movement (Genecults) rises to defend the forgotten catacombs from roving technonomads (AdMech Hunter Clade) and cannibal angels stalk the streets in murderous raids (Intercessors).

1169517-.jpg
1169518-.jpg

A frantic threeway clash to cap it off.

While over all the locals managed to retain control of most territory along with hearts and minds, the Revenants took home every match proper and drunk enough kerosine in the final match to outscore their opponents combined with no permanent losses incurred during the battles. The first upgrade for my guys was naturally a med bay asset, for the IX rides immortal ;) Good thing too, I'm always left with just 1-2 guys standing in a pile of broken enemies at the end of each game. Poor technonomads had a rougher time at it, constantly recycling damaged warriors into new warframes. Good fun, would chainsaw again.