Today in Titanicus I...

If you're not planning to use PFs just glue the biceps into the shoulders, glue on the same 5mm magnets you're using for the Warlord shoulders, maintain your polarity, and have fun.  For Warhounds I used a slightly smaller set of magnets I had laying around.  

TIAT I lost horribly in two 1250 point games one after the other. Coming up against a Legio Astorun Ferrox maniple, with dual power fist/chain fist Reaver's, backed up by a pair of acastus asterios is nasty. I really don't know what to do against a pair of hyperdrive enable d titan-graters! Pics to follow on my plog tomorrow.

My opponent has now sworn off acastus, after seeing how deadly they are. And I have decided to revise my opinion from "meh" to "oh my god, ouch, I can't look, is it over yet." Only took three turns to be completely tabled in the second game.

They’ll get a points correction or a stat debuff.

Oh absolutely. My first encounter with them was against two in a 2000 point game. This time two in 1250 point game. They wiped out 500 points worth of cerastus in a turn. Even if they hadn't done anything else, that would have left me massively out-pointed. I love the models, but murder turtles will not be gracing my table.

Thought of the day: bring back the option of jumppacks for Titans!

I would love to see a lot of the old weirdo options come back, like the boarding ram-fist, or aircraft landing/launching pad(especially now that the new Aeronautica is out and uses the same scale as Titanicus).

though maybe jumpjet Titans would be restricted to a spacific new class of titan, at the vary least they'd need to be an all new model to represent them anyway.

One on sale at Amazon for $300.  I told y'all for months to buy them up while they last, this is why I buy :cuss I don't need because I might need it later.  I bought two of the Apocalypse Eldar forces (2 Wraithlords, 15 Wraithguard, and a Seer) because they were $145 each on Amazon.  I was buying the easy-to-build GSC models from the Deathwatch box game for $60 a set and now I have thousands of points to assemble/convert.

Today in Titanicus I learned that apparently the Battleforce is no longer available through 3rd party retailers. This sucks if it's true. Can anyone confirm?

Dallo

Yes, that's what happened to me last week. I planned to get it for next month, but my store stopped listing it.

Had the same happen with a german online retailer. They were carrying it for quite some time, then suddenly dropped it. I asked them about it and they confirmed that they will no longer be selling it. All the other AT stuff, including the GME, are still covered, though.

If a Cerastus banner sells out to go right for them how do they fair?

I think the cerastus would do OK once they got up close and personal. But getting there would be the problem. The high strength weapons on the acastus just wallops there save really heavily, even with lancers.

Not based on Tuesday's experience. With conversion beamers, they don't get a very good save. So even on 4+ to hit, there's going to be bunches of failed saves because the templates are so big at long range. With one on each flank I kept getting caught by the one I wasn't hiding from. More survivable against magna lasers.

Although I did forget about paired, which might have reduced the number of hits.

And I can't work out how a strength 9 weapon got criticals to just remove knights a couple of times. I must be misremembering.

Today in Titanicus I realised that GW reused Titan artwork for the different Maniples in the rule book and in Titandeath.

For example the Krytos Warhound “Apostate of Days” in the Venator Maniple is identical to “Curse of Iron” in the Lupercal Maniple. Not sure why they didn’t use the same name for both?

Dallo

They’ll get a points correction or a stat debuff.

Oh absolutely. My first encounter with them was against two in a 2000 point game. This time two in 1250 point game. They wiped out 500 points worth of cerastus in a turn. Even if they hadn't done anything else, that would have left me massively out-pointed. I love the models, but murder turtles will not be gracing my table.

I bought 4 so I could use them as a distraction when I run a duel power claw warlord, but TIAT I learnt that this would not work how I thought as the first fist could push the enemy out of range of the second. :( Still going to run it as I think the model will look cool!