Today in Titanicus I...

Bit of a background question about Ordo Sinister.

The Emperor demanded 25 titans from the Mechanicum. Do they still fall under the Collegia Titanica?

Only reason i ask is because my scibor order of lion bits has turned up and I'm wondering if I should bother cometely removing all hints of the Collegia titanicus 'T' symbol from the armour. So use the blank shoulder armour plates, remove/hide the 'T' from the thigh armour and laser blaster armour trim.

Removing the trim is probably going too far down the rabbit hole, but hey it's less trim to paint!!!

There's a thread on the Ordo Sinister. My understanding is that they do not come under the Collegia. They have their own symbol which is kind of like the Collegia symbol but different. I've removed the Collegia symbols from mine, along with quite a bit of GS work on the armour panels. I've also pledged to actually finish the thing for this lockdown painting challenge.

My understanding as well is that the psi-titans are not only the Emperor's own personal project but that the Mechanicum would view them as an abomination.  Combining psykers with a precious avatar of the machine god would probably not be popular in many Martian circles.

However the only "official" grainy photo in the HH black book (number 7?) has the lion head being a flat transfer inside the middle of the Collegia gear. That image also doesn't have the Ciricrux on top and the gun is faded out because no official model had been made yet, it's like FW hadn't fully fleshed out the look when they wrote the 28mm rules for the psi-titan.  

It won't let me hotlink the image.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/d/d3/WarlordSinister.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180516213434

Edited by Fajita Fan

There's a thread on the Ordo Sinister. My understanding is that they do not come under the Collegia. They have their own symbol which is kind of like the Collegia symbol but different. I've removed the Collegia symbols from mine, along with quite a bit of GS work on the armour panels. I've also pledged to actually finish the thing for this lockdown painting challenge.

So there is, and I've even posted in it, doh! Edited by splayedpaintbrush

Do you like that look because I don't really care for it, I much prefer the 3d lions people have been doing.  I just found a couple of unassembled Thunderwolves in my collection of boxes so I might use their heads to make a more Witcher-themed psi-titan, dunno.  

Do you like that look because I don't really care for it, I much prefer the 3d lions people have been doing. I just found a couple of unassembled Thunderwolves in my collection of boxes so I might use their heads to make a more Witcher-themed psi-titan, dunno.

I like that piece of art. I also like the freehand symbol that was on warhammer community recently.

The 3d sculpted stuff looks great though, I have some stuff from Scibor to mess with. But I am really impressed with some of the creativity I've seen. Bloodthirster heads or wolf heads into lion symbols for example.

Today in Titanicus... Im pondering a lot if a smallscale (6-8mm) version of the whole INQ28 movement would be possible and if people would be interested in such a thing...

What for? Not sure we need a travel version of Inquisitor, while none of us are allowed out.

Edit: not that it doesn't sound like fun, but I reckon people like INQ28 because the models are available at that scale.

Edited by Mandragola

I know folks have done 6mm Space Hulk, which allows for some much bigger games.

Since (for me) converting figures is such a big part of Inq28, I'm not sure that would help the game fill its hobby role.

Kinda depends how you do it. Sure, you can go 'micro versions' of existing games. We've seen Nano Space Hulk, Micro Hammer, etc. Another way to go is to try to add that crazy level of detail and narrative thinking of the INQ28 on smaller scale stuff. Imagine a 6mm version of Gelida the Frozen Expanse or Tor Meggido. Yet another way to go is to put way more emphasis on the terrain, this is something that could be amazing for Necromunda, imagine a 6mm hive table, no more just a room or two, but an entire district!

As for Titanicus in INQ28 style, I mean...check this out! 

Today in Titanicus... I started working on two Warhounds to finally finish my Regia Maniple for the Legio Fureans! Hopefully I will finish the building part today and tomorrow I will be able to prime them :smile.:

Edited by TheDreadfulSagittary

Nice work on the weapon banners.

I'm planning to use AoS ChainRasp "tatters" for weapon banners, as in my imagination they'd be pretty hard worn!

Those banners are very nicely done. I think the  best ones I've seen have been made with paper (or really thin plasticard) and jewellery chain. So far I haven't felt like bothering with that though.

Yeah, I started making this range to go on a commission piece where I really didn't want to mess with jewellery chain - it does look good, but it's very fiddly, very time consuming. These still need a bit of work, but it's easier going (once you're familiar with the material) than trying to hold chain in place with tweezers. These also glue to weapons much more robustly and as these guys are magnetised I needed that.

I think this is just people taking advantage of the fact you can't currently buy anything from FW. Sucks, a lot. I suggest waiting till the kit is available.

The Psi-titan isn't such a bad buy in my opinion. It comes with a couple of sunfuries, so you can have one on the psi-titan and a spare for one of your other warlords. On the other hand, laser blasters are a pretty awful choice for the carapace, so you might need a resin gun for that, or some missile launchers from elsewhere.

I'm doing this on behalf of my buddy;

Today (was yesterday actually) he got kicked from the Adeptus Titanicus 2018 Facebook group for having 3d printed 6mm armigers on the account of IP infringement. But in the middle of his conversation with the mod team was told if they were from Vanguard then they'd apologize and restore his posts.

Are some people really that...vociferous about protecting gw when the offending content is stuff they have never made models of? I'd get full on recast titans and knights, but man, a model gw doesn't make and probably never intends to.