Today in Titanicus I...

Didn't touch any plastic today but I started reading Titandeath and while it's not Abnett or McNeill it's good enough. We really need a full CG battle scene someday...

At least it's gote some cool illustrations in there like knights defending a starship

Didn't touch any plastic today but I started reading Titandeath and while it's not Abnett or McNeill it's good enough. We really need a full CG battle scene someday...

At least it's gote some cool illustrations in there like knights defending a starship
I’m reading it in my kindle so they’re very dull looking. Titans running around blasting each other on an orbital ring seems like a terrible idea but I’ll see how this plays out. It just sounds like two armies fighting on a frozen lake that’s at risk of cracking beneath their feet.

I do wish we had a HH novel that focused on a knight household, Taranis was featured in Mechanicum but a really good household vs marine legion story would be worth reading.

The orbital fights along with other uncommon environs were just the best, that poor Warhound sawn in half and immediately rescued by the recovery teams really stuck with me after reading Titandeath. I'm still a bit miffed Solaria didn't get rules for their special brain-in-a-jar missiles :P

I'm still at the beginning of the book because I'm finding many other things to do other than painting or reading :rolleyes:

Also if you guys haven't seen this guy's work it's just awesome.  https://www.instagram.com/hephaistosstudios/  The organ on the roof of the Warlord is nothing short of fantastic. 

Currently working on a grimdark version of a Peruvian cemetery. I feel this style of cemetery fits better with the idea of Imperial Army dying en masse, the cemetery seems to be more space efficient that way. A city of the dead, or Imperial Necropolis if you will.

To give you an idea of what a Peruvian cemetery looks like:
s28Nrmh.jpg
udHETDf.jpg

And here's my interpretation (early WIP):
i60n7VD.jpg
oGDEudf.jpg

And no cemetery is complete without some coffins:
Qmxck7q.jpg

I'll try to do some gravestones as well. I'd imagine that nobility and high ranking officers would probably get more 'comfy' graves rather than being stacked on top of one another.

Looks great, variation is a certainty in such vast entities as the Imperium. Even if on many worlds the corpses would be reprocessed as food or other base components, depending on the brutality of said location...

Indeed! It's one of the things I really like with GW further exploring the background of Necromunda. In the meantime, I think the standard necropolis blocks are almost ready:

62Sq36Z.jpg

You can use these to build entire cities of the dead I'd guess.

Also added another coffin:

uIbRZOX.jpg

And a cute little vehicle to carry the coffins around:

uvgVBka.jpg

Well, Today in Adeptus Titanicus, I finally got my first Legio about where I want it structurally, 'til some new titan comes out. As it is, I've got the rest of the name plates and a Lucius head on their way to me right now.

gallery_107230_14721_129742.jpg

Now I gotta start thinking about populating a table for more desert fun (finding the 6-10mm building styles I want) and making up a second Legio. Thinking Praesagius, though they're another heavy legio, and too many people are doing Legio Solaria around me, so... I'm back at the drawing board.

Built the Cerastus knights out of the starter set and realized that they had spare [shield] gauntlets, so I went back to my questoris knights and the one who had a Gatling cannon (boo) now has a choice between an additional melee weapon (fist from the Cerastus kit) or a thermal cannon (from a 40k flamer).

Waited way to long to start playing with Magnets!

That’s smart, I can only imagine the horror of that crew...

Has anyone done a Reaver or Warlord kicking a tank that's glued to its foot like a soccer ball?

Edited by Fajita Fan

That’s smart, I can only imagine the horror of that crew...

Has anyone done a Reaver or Warlord kicking a tank that's glued to its foot like a soccer ball?

Well I needed another melee Reaver at some point anyway, so this might get on the list...