Today in Titanicus I...

The manufactorum terrain is a wonderful kit! The modularity is indeed extremely pleasing. I have seen quite a few nice combinations on Twitter, including with civitas imperialis buildings. In my project log, there are a couple tips and tricks for assembling the civitas pieces, feel free to have a look. Best of luck!

The only thing that annoys me about the kit is that there's a serious lack of gantries, ladders and ways to hook the pipes up to the domes and vats. Four gantries and two ladders to a box is kind of bunk.

Agreed! Some more ladders and gantries would have been nice!

Bronze bits on my knights are almost done, I need to go back and finish the last few thermal cannon muzzles when I get home from work.  I'm waiting for a lot of emails so I have some time while we're closed to the public, I bought a little toolbox with room for tools and paints up top and put a steel sheet in the bottom for my magnetized bases to get a little painting done here.  It's too cold to prime Sir Griflet, my last knight I made a squire, so it might be a couple of days till I get to him.  

Well I've made six buildings and counting this morning (night?) without much trouble, unlike last time I attempted this. The unfortunate part is that I'm on my last small sprue of Civitas, which means no more multi-story buildings. I ordered more of those specifically loose on eBay so once they get here I'll continue.

I've done nothing fancy, mainly just tall 2x2 square buildings, but they work for the spires. I'll probably make some to accommodate the Manufactorum kits I've made. Still waiting for a few more of those to arrive as well.

Tried an experiment to quickly paint yellow using satin butternut squash colored Rustoleum primer, Averland, and Yuriel on some terrain.  It came out okay, I was was just slapping the Yuriel on with a cheap brush and using water instead of medium so it's not terribly smooth but that's fine on the silos from the industrial terrain kit.  I also have six more of these 3d printed chemical tanks to do that are primed flat black.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3741780

I also ordered 150 more magnets a few days ago and they came in like 2 days just by selecting the cheapest shipping.  If you need cheap little magnets you can get 5x1 or 4x3s from Amazon pretty cheap but for real connections with small parts I cannot recommend these enough:

https://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=D201-N52&cat=168

They're really strong for how thin they are and 1/8" is almost perfect for the bicep joints of AT scale knights.  150 is enough for 75 joins if I don't screw any up but now I kinda wish I'd ordered more since I have some SM stuff I'm working on for my Blood Angels.  

Can't remember off the top of my head how many bits there were, 120 or some such? They are a pleasure to build, though.

...looking at you, fourth 'Lord in your box.

Today I realized my titan painting queue is empty, so I might put more knights together at some point to have some AT in the pipes even as the 20+ DG terminators cry in basecoat...

Today I got more of the 3d printed chemical tanks basecoated and shaded, final highlights Friday for some more scatter terrain.  Just the ones that look like this:

1DEC9366 38C9 4C03 8601 5B5B4B9E841E

I'm doing some more yellow, a couple gray, blue, and red for different chemicals.

Depends entirely on your group's play style and game sizes. In a normal >1750 point game, two Lords is doable in things like Regia or Fortis. Neither are too great for running up and getting into melee, though. If you play a legio with swapping traits, I cannot recommend Ferrox Warlords enough to actually hit with your fist but then taking two pushes you towards 2000 points. Very enjoyable at that point, though: running two Ferroxes with a plasma/fist Warlord, melee Reavers and a generalist Warhound offers an aggressive line that will hurt a lot when it connects and most importantly will have enough closing targets that the enemy cannot just focus on the first one getting close.

For actually getting there, there are a number of stratagems that can help you move quicker (things like War Lust for +2" or getting reliable Full Strides off). Helps if your legio is traitorous.

I have finished building my uh... buildings. They turned out pretty good for the most part and two in particular are pretty massive. So big I don't think they'll actually fit on the Titanicus tiles, lol. I'll get pics up later.

For better or worse I started inking the plates of some knights. Contrast paints work well on them because they’re so small but I need to be careful when touching up the metals. I didn’t finish all the exoskeletons which would’ve been helpful so that maybe I do all of the blue plates then all of the red plates, etc so that I don’t inadvertently repeat the same patterns. After using source material for the first dozen or so Knights of the Round Table I started making up my own colors/patterns because that looks like what most artists do the Arthurian legend anyway.

The one thing I’m finding is that as I switch colors I’m forgetting the crotch plates. :lol: I will also need to touch up the yellow with Yuriel as the contrast yellow over silver plate comes out kinda dark.

Working on my first proper Titan (just done knights before now). Keeping it simple (no checkers!)

Was thinking of having him stomping along, knocking over trees... but now I’m thinking that the model trees look a bit clean! Overthinking, or does anyone have a trick to weathering trees?

1057052_sm-.jpeg