Today in Titanicus I...

I cut up some MDF (I think this is MDF hardboard, it was used as packing in a box at work so I kept it) to use for terrain bases so I'll try to get a few of the new terrain bits done.  I haven't painted in weeks as I waver on what to do next, I should knock out the bronze bits and hoses of my knights before hitting them with washes.  My chart of which knight will have which colors is almost done, just trying to keep the colors varied so they don't look alike.  

TIT i am finally getting somewhere with the first five titans i am currently painting, and decided it was time i posted a picture up of one of them. Just about ready to seal them and then move onto weathering.

Warhound left side

Warhound right side

Really loving painting the AT stuff, and have enough models to get the force up to around 4000 points, still haven't played a game yet though...

I was cleaning off a bookshelf and found the posters from my FW Siege of Vraks books I bought for some reason. It’s a big one of the Astorum Reaver “Incaeduus Prime” and it actually says the titan was rearmed in the field because of the changing situation. I know there was a question awhile back whether titans get rearmed and according to FW they can be rearmed in the zone of battle if needed (so long as you can get a lander down). Edited by Fajita Fan

Makes me wish I had done Astorum, I thought it might have been cool to do all Reavers and Warhounds like the force that landed on Vraks.  

2020 04 11

Yesterday I started getting Balthazar gold on the joints of my knights to shade with Aggarax to hopefully get a dark bronze.  I also hit the toothpicks for my banners with Aggarax and they look more like wood telephone poles but I left the very top to paint silver.  How to do the battle standard still escapes me, I think since all of my knights have their own banners I'll end up with two banners on the battle standard model's pole - unless I make a new battle standard Cerastus knight holding a separate banner pole instead of a shield...  

Makes me wish I had done Astorum, I thought it might have been cool to do all Reavers and Warhounds like the force that landed on Vraks.  

Yesterday I started getting Balthazar gold on the joints of my knights to shade with Aggarax to hopefully get a dark bronze.  I also hit the toothpicks for my banners with Aggarax and they look more like wood telephone poles but I left the very top to paint silver.  How to do the battle standard still escapes me, I think since all of my knights have their own banners I'll end up with two banners on the battle standard model's pole - unless I make a new battle standard Cerastus knight holding a separate banner pole instead of a shield...  

The Siege of Vraks-books had brought me to Legio Astorum when i bought my 40K Warhound

Yeah, I have no idea what possessed me to try making a Custodes legio based on two sentences in a HH novel, I regret it more and more.  I'm still toying with blocking in some black on a few panels and make them more a Mechanicus legio from a distant forge, it's much too late to begin blocking in yellow and make them Fire Wasps or white to make Metalica. This is one reason I don't paint, I never like what I decide to do - not being able to play any time soon for the next few months is another. 

I'm reeeeally struggling to read "Titandeath." It has short sentences.  They're all short.  There are no compound sentences.  Legio Vulpa has no subtlety.  They are just bad guys to be bad.  And all sentences are short. 

That said I rather like the parts where the Dark Mechanicum has labelled itself the "New" Mechanicum embracing the idea of adding "entities" from the Warp to their engines that Horus has "mastered" and who lend their power to the traitors' cause.  It's delightful to see how the forces of Chaos allowed the traitors to think they're the submissive ones in this symbiotic relationship.  That's aligned with the plan I had for my traitors with white armor, gold banding, and black .005 pen gibberish text all over their plates (like tattoos) proclaiming the math and logic of embracing Chaos. If my loyalists, who are gold and poorly-done red marble, had some bluish-black on some of their plates I might be able to use this white oil pen I have to do equations or mathematical symbols on there.  

TIAT I undercoated the Reaver body and legs I’m doing to make two separate reavers from an old one. Seems to be coming out ok, but there’s quite a lot of edging in my future, sadly.

Fajita, the great thing about an all gold Legio is you could make them just about anything. If you’re not happy with them just paint some colour on the panels. Loads of legios have the gold edging.

Edited by Mandragola

Don't worry too much if you're not happy with every result. We're all trying stuff out here and not everything is a success. You might well be able to rescue those models but ultimately it doesn't matter very much if you can't. They're just toy robots and someone on ebay will probably take them off your hands if all else fails.

This is a hobby. The moment you look at models and feel an obligation or a chore, instead of something fun to do, pause and think.  They don't exist for anyone but you. Maybe just put them away until inspiration comes back.

It's hard because I want my stuff to look as good the work you all do but I always screw it up at this stage.  My Deathwing have been stripped twice because of that.

In other news I found this on the WC page:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/press-room/images/

There's a bunch of higher quality images on there including the AT box art which is a huge file you can make your desktop background even on a 4k monitor like mine. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/themes/gw-community-2020/download-file.php?file=43596

I laid out my household and calculated their points without meltas or stormspears: 2755 :lol: I started the bronze bits, those and the wires need to be done before I can shade the exoskeletons.

Little banner flags for my knight household are done, I need to build another knight, Griflet, who will be King Arthur’s squire. It’ll be a Questoris knight with a thermal cannon carrying a Cerastus shield and couple of extra swords who will be primed ASAP. The colors on their banners dictate the colors of their armor so I basically have the colors of the army picked (if not their patterns).

Put together two Warbringers and now I'm assembling an absolute boatload of terrain... or at least trying, I'm so bad at these buildings that I held off on this for well over a year.

*Sigh*

Edit: speaking of terrain... I'm currently assembling the Manufactorum pieces and wow. Such a great kit. The details are amazing and I love the modularity, much more so than the garbage Civitas kit.

Edited by DuskRaider

The manufactorum terrain is a wonderful kit! The modularity is indeed extremely pleasing. I have seen quite a few nice combinations on Twitter, including with civitas imperialis buildings. In my project log, there are a couple tips and tricks for assembling the civitas pieces, feel free to have a look. Best of luck!

Ugh, sick, tired, but I ended up actually doing some semi-coherent work. Thus, today in Adeptus Titanicus, I got in a 3D printed test head and realized full well... I kinda made a mistake as now I need to snag some more.

Just gotta wait for the name plates to come in, hopefully they'll be here later this week.

gallery_107230_14721_556.jpg

The manufactorum terrain is a wonderful kit! The modularity is indeed extremely pleasing. I have seen quite a few nice combinations on Twitter, including with civitas imperialis buildings. In my project log, there are a couple tips and tricks for assembling the civitas pieces, feel free to have a look. Best of luck!

The only thing that annoys me about the kit is that there's a serious lack of gantries, ladders and ways to hook the pipes up to the domes and vats. Four gantries and two ladders to a box is kind of bunk.