Today in Titanicus I...

I guess you could chop bits off the trees and/or maybe apply a wash to them. They look a little bright so some agrax earthshade might tone them down.

It might help to add some greenery to the ground. The trees stand out more because you've got healthy-looking trees in a waste land.

Nice work, and congrats on your first titan!

Nice work on the Warhound, dice4thedicegod.

The trees are fine, though due to their material tend to be homogenously coloured throughout out of the box. Sprinkling some different shades of green flock on them or spattering some darker ink on them could give some variation. I agree with Mandragola that they perhaps look a bit bright alone since there is no grass, tufts, bushes or such on the ground as there tends to naturally be all over the place, which is easily remedied if you want to go for the greener route.

Old school knight heads on spikes?

The psi-titan sword arm basically done except cables, I started reworking my Sistramanus Tenebrae because the other one was way too heavy for my magnets, and I need to get the body together which I didn't do today because I played DotA most of the day. Damn it. 

I keep giving real thought to using wolf heads instead of lions to carry a Witcher theme since FW doesn't seem clear on what it's supposed to look like anyway.  I think we can be really annoyed if the 28mm psi-titan gets fancy shoulders and ours didn't.  Either way it might look different. 

More contrasts on the knights.  If you're clean with your brushwork contrasts make short work of knights but I'm not sure how to shade the recesses.  Maybe suuuuuuuuuper watered down nuln oil?

TITI decided to paint my next Reaver in Digi Cam.

Its been two hours of masking and cutting tiny digital shapes. I regret this decision.

What are you doing?  Is this printing decals?

Edited by Fajita Fan

I had visions of my warlord crushing a bridge underfoot while wading through water effects... but the bridge was much larger than anticipated when it turned up. So I took a hammer to it (the bridge, not the warlord).

Still not convinced the pieces look convincing . Might go back to the drawing board on this one!

1058476_sm-.jpeg

(Nothing glued and no riverbanks or anything yet.)

I've not got the patience for the hand painting, I'm happy to touch up. But I've had to start again on a lot of the panels. i over thinned the second coat and the over-wet paint ran under the stencils. So back to square one!

You don’t have the patience for hand painting, but you have the patience for this? That’s what I mean! Painting stuff like checks is actually fairly doable so I imagine digital camo would be similar, except you wouldn’t need it to be so regular. Not that I’m volunteering to try, you understand.

I’m just now realizing I need to test out varnishing these thin pens I plan to use to do the freehand work on my knights and titans, I’m going to test some panels tomorrow. Yikes, I hope the varnish doesn’t reconstitute and blur the pen marks!

I've not got the patience for the hand painting, I'm happy to touch up. But I've had to start again on a lot of the panels. i over thinned the second coat and the over-wet paint ran under the stencils. So back to square one!

You don’t have the patience for hand painting, but you have the patience for this? That’s what I mean! Painting stuff like checks is actually fairly doable so I imagine digital camo would be similar, except you wouldn’t need it to be so regular. Not that I’m volunteering to try, you understand.

The difference is that with spraying I spend time masking, then spray and that layer is done. However, I'm not the neatest painter by hand, so I'd spend endless time touching up my mistakes and the mistakes caused by fixing the mistakes. The time is similar, but the frustration is far less!

I had visions of my warlord crushing a bridge underfoot while wading through water effects... but the bridge was much larger than anticipated when it turned up. So I took a hammer to it (the bridge, not the warlord).

Still not convinced the pieces look convincing . Might go back to the drawing board on this one!

1058476_sm-.jpeg

(Nothing glued and no riverbanks or anything yet.)

You’d almost need him standing on some rubble otherwise it looks like he’s stepped through the remains of a broken bridge. When a concrete structure collapses there’s a huge cloud of dust so the action of crushing a building would be hidden anyway.

Stepping through concrete (well ferrocrete in this universe) rubble of a previously destroyed bridge would still look cool especially with some infantry hiding on the other side or running to the left and right of the foot :D

I’m just now realizing I need to test out varnishing these thin pens I plan to use to do the freehand work on my knights and titans, I’m going to test some panels tomorrow. Yikes, I hope the varnish doesn’t reconstitute and blur the pen marks!

For those unfamiliar with this technique - this kind of paint pen can be used to "draw" on your miniature with paint.

Great for tattoos on 28-32mm minis and for creating the basis for freehand logos on Titans...

Yes, but I need to make sure that spray varnish doesn't blur it.  I also wonder if I should varnish the contrast painted panels first so those pens don't etch the paint off.  Contrasts are NOT durable.