Far from Fenris - Ranulfs Wolves

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2C1N7jB.jpg

It's the best my stupid old phone camera can do, but I couldn't hold back, had to share just one picture of my version of Ragnar after spending this much time on him already. So maybe this could be a teaser until I borrow my mate's phone or something :biggrin.:.

Edit: *sigh* Maybe a bit better, at least...

M7q6E7t.jpg

Edited by ranulf the revenant

I like what I can see. The detail is a bit obscured, so I’ll be looking forward to that updated picture!

I mean, the second picture was already an updated one, it turned out my mate's phone isn't that great at taking pictures either >__>. I'll see what's possible in the future. Thanks.

Good job.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got Assault Intercessors for christmas, and I took one of the striding bodies to create this guy. A sudden inspiration lead me to this pose (my brother told me he looked like Space Wolf-Jesus, but I don't agree) and I think I will play him as a Judiciar.

yjaex8l.jpg

ATFSeEC.jpg

It's been a long time since I last tried to sculpt hair - actually the first time I did a beard -, so I think his face turned out alright actually.

mBOQ0Cw.jpg

aebOEZu.jpg

I'm still not 100% decided what I should give him as a time manipulation device, and whether or not to place it in the open hand (I actually like the pose as it is, and it wouldn't look realistic, I think...)
There are still things to be fixed of course, but let me know what you think :smile.:.

I think you should blend that 'stache down into the beard, it looks a little strange floating separate to my eyes.

I like the Wolf and his pose - he makes me think more of "Are you not entertained!?" than "the Jesus" posed.

As far as the time item - I've liked the smaller hourglass shaped stasis grenades everyone has been using (it's currently my plan as well), but I believe there were some hourglasses on some of the Stormcast models that you might be able to snag. The one on the normal Judicar is ridiculously oversized, IMO.

I like the Wolf and his pose - he makes me think more of "Are you not entertained!?" than "the Jesus" posed.

Yes, I love finding these kind of expressive poses. Makes me feel like I was an actual sculptor :biggrin.:

I actually was OK with the moustache, but now that you mention it... I'll have to take another look, haha.

Yeah, I thought about some bit from a Warhammer fantasy kit (a mage from the Imperium, I think) *somewhere*. It's kind of an astronomic device.

But it looks weird placed in his open hand (and weakens the pose). I guess I'll just attach it to his belt or something :confused:... 

@Björn: https://youtu.be/HVVbHx7c9pw

Yeah, I was thinking my version of a judiciar is mocking his opponents, shouting slurs to lure them into attacking him. And if it works, he slays them (using his time manipulation, if needed).

• 3 weeks later...

ZIZ8BdW.jpg

Einar Stonebreaker, (Jotun)  Grey Hunter Pack Leader

Widely respected among the Blackmanes, and especially beloved among his pack members, Einar serves as the leader of a battleline pack.
He's also referred to jokingly as "the mouse" for reasons which are long forgotten. He's a dedicated warrior and cares a lot about his pack members,
always ready to bring his powerfist to bear to protect them. 

vXoh3Ya.jpg

It's quite satisfying to realise that I'm now able to produce - if I dare say so - decent tabletop quality minis. I also settled on a painting process which seems to work quite well.
I'm still not that fast though :biggrin.:, because I hate to rush it. One mini a week seems to be my kind of speed for now, let's see if I can get just a little bit faster in the future :smile.:. The pictures are still a bit blurry, but it's the best my phone can produce -_-