Far from Fenris - Ranulfs Wolves

Random intercessor coming through, I just had him built and primed on my desk, and wanted to finish him. But he's a solid example of my current method for SW power armour. I also think I will use more red on shoulder pauldrons going forward, it's just a nice combo with blueish grey, I think...

fBK7pPS.jpeg

XXzHsJo.jpeg

TcZosFR.jpeg

Edited by ranulf the revenant

Love the old school mark 6 backpack from way-back-when.

Blue and red are complimentary colours, so work well together,so I agree about the shoulder pad.

The bolter casing is an unusual colour choice (most folks do them black or red) but the colour looks good too.

Nice job :tu:

• 6 months later...

Greetings Wolfbrothers!  I'm back... I kind of lost access to my account after the renewal of the forum, when I had other stuff to do... but after just typing in a secondary mail adress which I didn't even remember using... all of a sudden logging in worked :D!
So I guess I'll update a bit in the coming weeks.The Redemptor has been finished for months now, for example. There are also some Incursors. And Assault Intercessors. Happy to be back on this great forum, see you soon!

spelling

• 1 month later...

Oh, thanks a lot. I have some things painted up which I just didn't mange to take proper pictures of so far. There's a Redemptor Dreadnought, Incursors, and some Assault Intercessors. Maybe I'll have to borrow my brothers phone for that :D. I made some pictures with what I got, but they just don't really represent the look of the models, the resolution is too low...

The shields on the Bladeguard are mostly from Puppetswar, if those are the ones you meant...

addition

• 2 weeks later...

Those are fantastic looking, Ranulf, great work!  I really like the basing you have on them too, those are killer.

Are those shoulder plates conversions, 3D printed, stock from somewhere?  I don’t recognize them but they look really nice!

I like the last of the Big Claws - he looks like he’s leaning forward and finishing off some lesser mortal foe.

• 2 months later...

Hey, y'all, no pics today but I thought I'd give a little rambling update... I started base coating 4 skyclaws yesterday, after finishing some Warcry stuff... Felt great to return to my true hobby love,  starting a paint job with a mostly neutral grey base coat on armour just seems like coming home to me at this point,lol. There are about 10 skyclaws waiting if I remember correctly, most of them kitbashed from the MK VI marine kit, plus some wolfguard with Jump packs, which are made from Reiver bodies. The Wolf Guard are all equipped with storm shields, and most of them are weilding great axes, which are supposed to represent lightning claws. I think both squads come out nicely, even though some of the Wolf Guard ended up looking a bit static, but that's how it goes sometimes. I'm looking forward to deploy them at some point, I always liked the idea of deepstriking highly mobile melee units.

Also, I recently looked at the new Eightbound models and thought that they would make a great base for a Wulfen conversion? I actually already have some Wulfen proxies, but I'm not super happy with every result... It's also a bit funny that Khorne is actually one of my least favourite factions in 40K, but I still keep buying (or am interested in buying) Khorne models for conversion purposes :D If only the Eightbound weren't so damn expensive, money wise... >____>. 

Well, that's it for now, I'll probably post pics of some of those jump troops soon. Hope you're all doing well and skål! :)

Added sentence, sentence structure

• 3 weeks later...

So, I finished four Skyclaws. Managed to drop one just before the photoshoot, so he misses from the pictures :D. And I kind of by accident also finished my new version of Björn. My ancient metal version just didn't want to stick together, so new plastic one it is... I'll probably turn the old one into a "statue", just as I did with old Ragnar, so he will still have some use... Feels good to have some SWs finished, it's been a while, like I said. They just need a quick spray with old varnish can now...
So here they are...

Skyclaw 1: 

0PHjcxr.jpeg

Skyclaw Packleader (probably)

TcPgJvo.jpg

Iz39wK6.jpg

Another one:

UFg9dEb.jpg

View of the jump pack (by puppetswar)

bgfgWS8.jpg

...finally, some pics of Björn....

9wEMxNL.jpg

close-up

UF83nwZ.jpg

OWNJsdR.jpg

JEnA6GK.jpg

That's all for now, thanks for looking :)

• 1 month later...

NAuo1ep.jpeg

Finished this (count-as) Wolfguard with jump pack. He originally had an axe, which snapped off and I ended up replacing it with a Grey Knight falchion. So now he kind of looks like a medieval knight. Or Landsknecht, even? I don't know...

64aadg4.jpeg

DRKQM8G.jpeg

Pictures

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cGzacC8.jpeg

Hey y'all, a quick update. I just wanted to show this guy that I just primed, and ramble a bit : ). The model is a lieutenant, the neovolkite-pistol version. The body is from Kromlech, head from Liber Daemonica. Looking forward to painting him soon, I think the parts went together nicely on him. 

I have recently joined a Kill Team campaign at my local club and had a lot of fun running an Intercession Team of Wolves. Maybe I'll do a little write-up when we're finished. Didn't really play that much 40K this spring (if any), but will probably get back into it with 10th edition. Will have to do some rules reading first though. So long, thanks for reading!

fconj2h.jpeg