New Mephiston/Psychic awakening p3

Neuralshock

Looking at the Sanguinary Priest, i'm curious to know if those Primaris Apothecary can be upgraded as Sanguinary Priest...not that i'm a Primaris fan, but since it is one of the best primaris model, it would be cool for those who have switched to the Primaris side.

From my point of view, well Blood Angels rules look cooler now, but..... i need the real thing.... i need leaks on the Flesh Tearers. ^^

Cause.....When even Orks flee at your sight, you know you hit very hard. =)

Edit :

Also, given that there are no informations about it....i will rant a little on the fact that GW misses an opportunity to release both an upgrade kit for Death Company and for Flesh Tearers.

Edited by Frater Antodeniel

Does the extra WT strat confer the character keyword on a given model, or can it only be used on a character?

Would love to give it to a San guard model, make that model the warlord then give it one of the relics but I know I'm probably dreaming here

Got to be a character if I remember correctly, since it must’ve been eligible to become the Warlord.

You can still put it on the Sanguinary Ancient though, which buffs SG to ridiculous levels.

You can make a regular SG your Warlord anyway. I often do this as it "bakes in" full rerolls for the entire squad. This is often worth more than a separate WL trait.But now I can continue to do this and still run a full-fat Captain Smash by giving him AoW. I can also send him off hunting big targets without worrying about giving my opponent an easy "Slay the Warlord".

I totally always use an SG model as warlord, as warlord can be given to any model. Not just any character. I guess I was thinking of one of the knight stratagems, which gives WT and character keyword to the knight. Just curious if the same applies here because if so, I'm going to squeeee very loudly

Also, given that there are no informations about it....i will rant a little on the fact that GW misses an opportunity to release both an upgrade kit for Death Company and for Flesh Tearers.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Flesh-Tearers-Shoulder-Pads

Have you been living in a cave for the past months Charlo ?^^

I was referring to Primaris Upgrade pack, like the one all loyalist Legion/Chapter got alongside their Codex Supplement.

(Of course we have the Blood Angels one, but having a NEW Flesh Tearers one, plus a DC one, would have just been perfect. The old Flesh Tearers shoulder pad kit is getting old, and if i remember correctly it isn't even in plastic but "old" resin.)

Better DC, cheaper Sanguinary Guard, interesting relics and stratagems. I think Christmas Sanguinala has come early. :biggrin.:

Fixed that for you. I didnt know what the deal with Transhuman was, but not being wounded on better than 4+ is huge. Incredible. My last game my DC got nuked by a half company of overcharged plasma wielding Dark Angels - going from 5/6 wounding to 3/6 is massive. 

Ah, anecdotes.

Previous game I used Upon Wings of Fire to move my Smash Captain into range for a charge on an IF castle - completely forgetting about Auspex Scan. Six heavybolter and frag launcher Centurions opened up. Out of the 51 shots that wounded, six got through my 3++ and 5+++. Whilst there's every chance I would have still lost on overwatch, Transhuman Physiology would have been a help.

Better DC, cheaper Sanguinary Guard, interesting relics and stratagems. I think Christmas Sanguinala has come early. :biggrin.:

Fixed that for you. I didnt know what the deal with Transhuman was, but not being wounded on better than 4+ is huge. Incredible. My last game my DC got nuked by a half company of overcharged plasma wielding Dark Angels - going from 5/6 wounding to 3/6 is massive. 

Yeah it's basically a temporary stormshield for a unit in that it forces the opponent to either waste the big guns or use small arms to deal with the unit. ^^

Whilst there's every chance I would have still lost on overwatch, Transhuman Physiology would have been a help.

That's why you give him the Relic JP. :P 

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Flesh-Tearers-Shoulder-Pads

Have you been living in a cave for the past months Charlo ?^^

I was referring to Primaris Upgrade pack, like the one all loyalist Legion/Chapter got alongside their Codex Supplement.

(Of course we have the Blood Angels one, but having a NEW Flesh Tearers one, plus a DC one, would have just been perfect. The old Flesh Tearers shoulder pad kit is getting old, and if i remember correctly it isn't even in plastic but "old" resin.)

No I know, but basically no other Successors have upgrade packs so expecting one for FT or DC is s bit of a fools game.

Plus those pads exist and fit on Primaris

It's worth the 2 CP!

It goes both ways.

Transhuman completely negates the BA chapter trait and Sanguinary Priest buffs and turns us into normal marines wound on 4s.

It goes both ways.

Transhuman completely negates the BA chapter trait and Sanguinary Priest buffs and turns us into normal marines wound on 4s.

Normal marines with more attacks than others though. ;) 

True enough but at least we have access to it now as well as our opponents. Previously we got nerfed when facing it with no ability to use it ourselves.

BA feel like Marines+ again, since we’re better at the only combat that is of importance - the close one.

JK, but still I think some Marine players will be seething that we’re getting some of their stuff. They got all of ours basically before that, so that’s all justice to me.

It is so nasty! I charged my smash captain into a squad of 3 Aggressors to take them out. Even with Red Rampage and Fighting twice, I only killed 2 of the 3! Had some poor wound rolls, but they all would've went through without Transhuman.

Honestly I'm not so sure we even need the super doctrine. I feel like allying in Imperial fists for seismic devastation would be a better option than pure BA.

We are in a weird spot without further detail outside of that. But allying in imperial fists keeps the combat doctrines and adds a layer of both great shooting with mortal wounds and great melee centered units.

I suspect for some that will be the way to play them going forward. Always the allied crutch.*

*in competitive scenes anyway. Only know for sure next week.

So, let me get this straight- We get an extra attack on top of our extra attack, and death company get an extra extra attack on top of their extra extra attack?

I am a Neanderthal who can't count past five without needing a sit down and some Pringles, someone please explain this in easy words for me.

So, let me get this straight- We get an extra attack on top of our extra attack, and death company get an extra extra attack on top of their extra extra attack?

I am a Neanderthal who can't count past five without needing a sit down and some Pringles, someone please explain this in easy words for me.

2 attacks base from being Death Company. Chainsword +1. 3 Attacks. Shock Assault +1 attack on charge(or get charged). 4 attacks. Savage Echoes +1 attack on charge(or get charged). 5 attacks. Black Rage on the Charge specifically. 6 attacks.

So 6 chain sword attacks for Death Company, or 5 with a weapon like a Thunder Hammer in ideal conditions.

Did I count that right?

Honestly I'm not so sure we even need the super doctrine. I feel like allying in Imperial fists for seismic devastation would be a better option than pure BA.

We are in a weird spot without further detail outside of that. But allying in imperial fists keeps the combat doctrines and adds a layer of both great shooting with mortal wounds and great melee centered units.

I suspect for some that will be the way to play them going forward. Always the allied crutch.*

*in competitive scenes anyway. Only know for sure next week.

I haven't been able to participate in any tournaments yet, but I do follow the scene and appreciate the competitive aspect of the game. If I were trying to give myself the edge while playing mostly Blood Angels I would probably consider an Iron Hands spearhead with 3 Thunderfires, a character mortis dread, and maybe Chaplain dread with las cannons. 6 untargetable Las cannons with a bunch of artillery sounds awesome to me.

I'm going to pretend that this is relevant to this thread just by restating that the addition of Angels of Death means we can do stuff like that now. Variations of that spearhead have done well with the rest being White Scars, so it should work well with us too.

2 attacks base from being Death Company. Chainsword +1. 3 Attacks. Shock Assault +1 attack on charge(or get charged). 4 attacks. Savage Echoes +1 attack on charge(or get charged). 5 attacks. Black Rage on the Charge specifically. 6 attacks.

So 6 chain sword attacks for Death Company, or 5 with a weapon like a Thunder Hammer in ideal conditions.

Did I count that right?

TL;DR: 6 attacks on the charge in Turn 3+ for Death Company, 5 attacks on the charge in Turn 3+ for Death Company Intercessors. Turn 3 onwards also add an additional AP to melee weapons and pistols.

@Wassa: great lookin' out for the Frater on the quality (or lack thereof) for Flesh Tearers pads from GW. That tip should go in the Blood Angels Resources thread <cough> @Jolemai <cough>

@Dont-Be-Haten I agree that our "super tactic" gives us a bit of leverage--kinda like the new Adepta Sororitas--since it's a "nice to have" but not something that is an absolute must. As many have pointed out, the biggest advantage of an additional +1A in Turn 3+ is that is makes up for casualties suffered in Turns 1-2. So depending on playstyle et al, how important that is especially vs taking allies will be a matter of personal choice.

Did I count that right?

That's correct.

2 base

+1 chainsword

+1 black rage

+1 shock assault

+1 savage echos (turn 3+)

= 6 attacks

Did I count that right?

That's correct.

2 base

+1 chainsword

+1 black rage

+1 shock assault

+1 savage echos (turn 3+)

= 6 attacks

....and if we want to go plaid with ridiculousness, then +1A for Sanguinor aura and +1A for Unleash Rage psychic power for a truly-40k-level-of-over-the-top 8A per model.