Psychic Awakening 2 rumours

Sete

Does he have an extra wound aswell? +1 wound and +1 attack?

If he has primaris stats, later he just needs a keyword added to his profile really, if it ever happens...

Or Primaris lose the keyword and are just Space Marines...

Edit: saw your answer on the previous thread Laeroth. Yeah 6 wounds is the same as a Primaris Captain.

Like I said previously, I have a gut feeling that something will come our way next year. Could be later on with the new edition.

Stormcast did have vanguard and then dudes with tabards... fingers crossed.

Edited by Sete

If he has primaris stats, later he just needs a keyword added to his profile really, if it ever happens...

Unfortunately, just the additional base attack. His wound starline is already pretty high for a CM.

Edit: saw your answer on the previous thread Laeroth. Yeah 6 wounds is the same as a Primaris Captain.

Like I said previously, I have a gut feeling that something will come our way next year.

No extra wound, but definitely 5 attacks base. This is great news brothers, GW has adjusted the things we wanted them to for Helbrecht and even given an extra attack. Hopefully he drops a bit in points too!

So now on the charge he has a bare minimum of 7 attacks, going up to as many as 9.  That's pretty brutal when you are hitting on 2+ with rerolls and have a S6 AP-3 D3 weapon to hit with!

2 weeks pre order.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/10/battle-sisters-yes-really-and-more/

As an added bonus, while stocks last, every pre-order of the hardback or Collector’s Edition of Psychic Awakening: Faith & Fury will come with a set of stylish datacards for High Marshal Helbrecht, Chaplain Grimaldus, Cenobyte Servitors, a Crusader Squad and a Chaos Sorcerer!"

Stylish datacards... we are living the dream...

There's something there that deserves attention : "hardback edition". Does that mean there may be a non-hardback print coming out later ? I'm pointing that out because one of the rationale for later content coming for templars was the fact that these PA books were a limited print only. If there's a softcover in the pipes that may... not be the case.

On a related note, and if I may be forgiven for rehashing my earlier position, I still feel we're getting had with this whole process. In the upcoming WD, the inquisition is getting "a whopping 20 pages of background and rules content – it’s like a mini codex in its own right!". For 8€... Meanwhile we get to pay 32€ for possibly less content than that. I hope to be proved wrong, but this isn't encouraging...

2 weeks pre order.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/10/battle-sisters-yes-really-and-more/

As an added bonus, while stocks last, every pre-order of the hardback or Collector’s Edition of Psychic Awakening: Faith & Fury will come with a set of stylish datacards for High Marshal Helbrecht, Chaplain Grimaldus, Cenobyte Servitors, a Crusader Squad and a Chaos Sorcerer!"

Stylish datacards... we are living the dream...

There's something there that deserves attention : "hardback edition". Does that mean there may be a non-hardback print coming out later ? I'm pointing that out because one of the rationale for later content coming for templars was the fact that these PA books were a limited print only. If there's a softcover in the pipes that may... not be the case.

On a related note, and if I may be forgiven for rehashing my earlier position, I still feel we're getting had with this whole process. In the upcoming WD, the inquisition is getting "a whopping 20 pages of background and rules content – it’s like a mini codex in its own right!". For 8€... Meanwhile we get to pay 32€ for possibly less content than that. I hope to be proved wrong, but this isn't encouraging...

The article specifically stated that there is three forms of the PA2 book: hardcover (basic), collectors edition, and ePub version. Presumably GW wants more people to buy the physical copies so are incentivizing it.

Anyone else found lack of EChampion disconcerting?

I didnt notice it at first but it does seem odd, now the fact that he may not get a card does not mean he wont be in the codex or turned into something else (a stratagem?) but simply that he just doesnt get a card. We are so close to this that I think Im just gonna sit tight and wait, looking too much into things is just going to drive me crazy with the possibilities. 

On one hand it would be highly irregular for GW to reveal a chaos sorcerer but not the champion this close to release. Especially without a convention or other event upcoming.

It would appear to be a soft squat of sorts if even crusader squads are getting a data card, and they are a troops choice.

It's not looking good bros, but heck, I'll still run him.

A lack of a datacard for the Champion could very well mean there’s a Primaris Champion model in the pipeline. Sticking with my earlier tinfoil hat theory, a new Champion that releases with a Supplement when Faith and Fury goes out of print.

One can hope! I just dread that we’re going to lose the non-Primaris EC to the cold abyss of Legends.

I think the possible lack of a limited supply datacard meaning anything model wise is reading a little too much into things. That said of our three special characters (as that's how they see the EC) he's the most likely to get an update, which means the old version would be treated as any other old special character that got updated.

The article specifically stated that there is three forms of the PA2 book: hardcover (basic), collectors edition, and ePub version. Presumably GW wants more people to buy the physical copies so are incentivizing it.

Ah I see. Good point.