Psychic Awakening 2 rumours

Sete

I am also excited. BT seem to take centre stage for PA2 which is great news!

How many stratagems are found on a page, generally? I’m a little worried that we won’t have too many.

I imagine we’ll find the 3 of Vigilus, which leaves... 5? Additional stratagems.

How many were rumoured/leaked?

Charge out of a LRC after movement

-1 to hit in CC

Anything else?

I’m looking forward to this. The only bummer is that it’s 50$ for 15 pages...

About 8 Strats to a page, but our points values would hardly take up a full page as it's what, 5 lines?  I'm expecting Strats and relics will carry over from there. I'm thinking probably about 10-12 strats and 3-4 relics. 

Well this thread finally turned around. That's refreshing! I'm really excited for this, as a BT and Word Bearers player. I just have one question though. I already have Codex Space Marines 1.0 from a year or two back when 8th ed. started. Can I just get PA:2 to be current? Do I need to buy c:sm 2 and codex:chaos space marines to play Black Templars and Word Bearers?

No you need the most recent C:SM to be current. 

Edited by Acebaur

The Emperor’s Champion is on the table of contents for Faith and Fury so he’s still there. Looks like we’ve got fifteen pages of rules content and a name generator.

I see 5 pages of fluff and 10 pages of rules rather, I don't imagine that "Heroes of the BT" is anything but fluff. Might have some content on Draco tho.

This feels like Gathering Storm, end of edition rules to be honest.

Some interesting stuff.

Will await fraters review of it.

If the rumoured next edition does not change much, might be ok for a while.

Edited by Sete

Seriously our own name generator makes me so excited

There was a bt name generator in a monthly gw magazine i bought in australia in 2001.

I need to rummage through some boxes to see if i can find it.

Yes, but the words in this printing will not be upside down.

I am also excited. BT seem to take centre stage for PA2 which is great news!

How many stratagems are found on a page, generally? I’m a little worried that we won’t have too many.

I imagine we’ll find the 3 of Vigilus, which leaves... 5? Additional stratagems.

How many were rumoured/leaked?

Charge out of a LRC after movement

-1 to hit in CC

Anything else?

I’m looking forward to this. The only bummer is that it’s 50$ for 15 pages...

8 per page... but honestly - all other chapters dont have an extra page for their point costs.... I think in this page will be a few ones too - so we would get about 12 Stratagems (instead of 16 like the IH for example) what is okay so far. I am wondering about we dont have special wargear.

And in Vigilus we just have 2 Stratagems.

AND the former pages are for Space Marines too... so we get our Supplement + additional Codex content .

Edited by Medjugorje

A shame we have no cards for Litanies, Doctrines and Objectives.

Weird decision.

This further strengthens my belief that we will have something later on

I think so too. If the new edition comes out or specialesed CC-Primaris.

For Space marines you need the new codex. The original is entirely out of date now.

For chaos, I think you need either the new codex or, the old first pattern AND Vigilus. But that may be just for Black Legion?

and honestly the new codex is better (in all cases of the game for us)

The Emperor’s Champion is on the table of contents for Faith and Fury so he’s still there. Looks like we’ve got fifteen pages of rules content and a name generator.

I see 5 pages of fluff and 10 pages of rules rather, I don't imagine that "Heroes of the BT" is anything but fluff. Might have some content on Draco tho.

I dont think so... I belief maximum 2 pages fluff.  Zealous crusaders must be about our rules if its not begin with Heroes of the Black Templars (what I think it will be a bit of the lore section about the black templars crusade for this campain).

By the way, according to a well-known source, Grimaldus is a level 2 chaplain.

I should hope, since he's described the as "High Chaplain" elsewhere, which is a term that most everywhere seems to be synomynous with "Master of Sanctity"

It's a bit unclear wether you could upgrade another chaplain to "Master of Sanctity" and still have Grimaldus in the same army.

'High Chaplain' was a right dumbing down. The Reclusiarch is the second most senior chaplain in a chapter, the one charged with care of the Reclusiam. The Master of Sanctity is a different person. The BT Master of Sanctity is called Theoderic.

Although, I am unsure if Reclusiarch is a Crusade honorofic, so that there is one for every crusade, because when Grimaldus suggested he may stay behind on Armageddon when Helbrecht left to chase Ghaz, he said that Helbrecht would need to find a new Reclusiarch. Which would only be necessary if it was a crusade appointment, not a chapter one. (?)

Edited by Brother Adelard

I should hope, since he's described the as "High Chaplain" elsewhere, which is a term that most everywhere seems to be synomynous with "Master of Sanctity"

It's a bit unclear wether you could upgrade another chaplain to "Master of Sanctity" and still have Grimaldus in the same army.

High Marshal - Chapter Master

High Chaplain - Master of Sanctity? I am not sure - we will see. But honestly I believe that there is a WL-Trait with an additional Lithany (and Grimaldus have to take this)...

High Marshal - Chapter Master

High Chaplain - Master of Sanctity? I am not sure - we will see. But honestly I believe that there is a WL-Trait with an additional Lithany (and Grimaldus have to take this)...

No, we have a Master of Sanctity, Theoderic. He is in the Eternal Crusader

The Master of Sanctity, also styled High Chaplain, is the head of the Chaplaincy in a Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes and head of the Chapter Cult. One of the Masters of the Chapter, the Master of Sanctity oversees the spiritual health of the Chapter by assigning Chaplains to the Companies. Immediately beneath him is the Reclusiarch, the head of the Reclusiam.

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Master_of_Sanctity

Theoderic might be out of date.