Psychic Awakening 2 rumours

Sete

I can't help but feel bitterly disappointed and I kind of hope GW reap the whirlwind they have sown with hyping the psychic awakening, which is looking more and more like the psychic roll over in bed. I'm afraid I don't have much hope for Templars now as between full sisters release, new edition next summer and inevitable AoS releases I can't see anything unless BT feature in the new starter set (a possibility if it is close combat primaris focused).

New supplements aren't exactly good in terms of artwork and fluff. A couple of old primaris marines pics and same old fluff. Imperial Fists have new chapter master with zero information about him in their supplement, not even a picture :biggrin.:

And all new lore can be summarised as "PRIMARIS ARE AWESOME!!!111". So I wouldn't expect anything more that "BT got primaris that win all the battles while space marines are trying to be as cool as primaris".

IF chapter master not having a picture is a Millenia-old tradition. Vladimir Pugh had been Chapter Master since Ian Watson's Space Marine and never had a model or image

I can't help but feel bitterly disappointed and I kind of hope GW reap the whirlwind they have sown with hyping the psychic awakening, which is looking more and more like the psychic roll over in bed. I'm afraid I don't have much hope for Templars now as between full sisters release, new edition next summer and inevitable AoS releases I can't see anything unless BT feature in the new starter set (a possibility if it is close combat primaris focused).

Is there any vaguely reliable source suggesting a new edition, or is this B&C wishful thinking ?

Valrak did indeed make a video about it. Someone had provided him rumors to that effect. Same fellow is also one of the numerous sources (there's what, 3 now?) saying BT won't get models, and something else that I think panned out to be true, so the source was fairly reliable.

If a 9th edition is around the corner, I wouldn't expect it to be much more than a consolidation of previous things. You'll wear people out who just got the rules (well a few years back) then two versions of their codex + a supplement, to be expected to start rebuying it in 6 months. Not to mention I don't would be able to keep up the break neck pace of re-releasing every codex for every faction like they did for 8th.

New supplements aren't exactly good in terms of artwork and fluff. A couple of old primaris marines pics and same old fluff. Imperial Fists have new chapter master with zero information about him in their supplement, not even a picture :biggrin.:

And all new lore can be summarised as "PRIMARIS ARE AWESOME!!!111". So I wouldn't expect anything more that "BT got primaris that win all the battles while space marines are trying to be as cool as primaris".

IF chapter master not having a picture is a Millenia-old tradition. Vladimir Pugh had been Chapter Master since Ian Watson's Space Marine and never had a model or image
Yep. Pugh was barely mentioned for like 15 years, Vorn Hagen died off-screen and new CM is obviously less important than primarised Garadon :D

Fluff quality has been hitting the bottom even more since 8th edition. So I don't really care if BT will get any new fluff in PA2 or supplement. No fluff is better than bad fluff.

Since 6th edition we had no fluff that wasn't absolutely terrible. Worshipping the Emperor as a god, being the only religious fanatics among Space Marines, whole crusade falling on their knees when seeing astropath, "lost" librarians e.t.c.

What was the last good piece of fluff for BT? ADB's Armageddon short story?

I have zero hopes about getting anything even ok-ish from PA2 fluff wise. Some decent rules rules would be good enough for me.

Guys this thread isn't about the IF chapter master

Sorry, I was using it as an example of how bad writing in supplements is, since kombatwombat said that "dedicated book full of lore, pretty photos and art". The art is old and mediocore, lore is either old or bad, and the only thing that's interesting in these new supplements are additional rules (which are hit-and-miss so far, ranging from absolutely overpowered to "meh").

Edited by Deadman Wade

Since 6th edition we had no fluff that wasn't absolutely terrible. Worshipping the Emperor as a god, being the only religious fanatics among Space Marines, whole crusade falling on their knees when seeing astropath, "lost" librarians e.t.c.

I have zero hopes about getting anything even ok-ish from PA2 fluff wise. Some decent rules rules would be good enough for me.

Sorry, I was using it as an example of how bad writing in supplements is, since kombatwombat said that "dedicated book full of lore, pretty photos and art". The art is old and mediocore, lore is either old or bad, and the only thing that's interesting in these new supplements are additional rules.

The new Emperor's Champion fluff is pretty awesome. Makes him much more special than previously where there was literally one for every fighting company and "the black sword" could have been literally any weapon they had lying around.

I assume that Helbrecth, Grimaldus and/or EC wont be present on this fluff.

Its going to be a generic Marshall, with a generic crusade, since there is no model release to it.

Im curious to see how the units models, and what artwork will be released.

Its going to be a generic Marshall, with a generic crusade, since there is no model release to it.

Do you have any evidence to support that?

Like I said I assume.

Not saying that they wont have rules, but I don't think the story is bound to follow them.

Like Almarich in GS for example.

Especially since this fleet was part of the indomitus crusade, and as far as I know the Eternal Crusader was not part of it.

Lorewise Guilliman found Helbrecth while he was hunting for Ghaz, so he would not be near Terra for the muster I reckon.

Hence I assume this will not be about them, if there is any continuity to the lore.

Again im assuming that the fleet that's gonna reach the assumed Tantalus system or planet, will be the on on the video with the lord inquisitor.

Edited by Sete

Sorry, I was using it as an example of how bad writing in supplements is, since kombatwombat said that "dedicated book full of lore, pretty photos and art". The art is old and mediocore, lore is either old or bad, and the only thing that's interesting in these new supplements are additional rules (which are hit-and-miss so far, ranging from absolutely overpowered to "meh").

BLACK LEGION - I know we are the antagonists in this book but HELL YEAHHHH

I think so too. But in the rules they will be present like Helbrecht in Vigilus did.

BLACK LEGION - I know we are the antagonists in this book but HELL YEAHHHH

Siggy should have killed some of Abbadon's inner circle.  Still an awesome book.

Sadly, I was right on the Start Collecting Box. It's not BT (As a lot of us suspected it wouldn't be.)  It's Vanguard Space Marines, specifically some of the sprues from Shadowspear. (Which are important sprues to be fair, they are currently the only source for the Reiver Lt, the Suppressors and the Helix Adept)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/30/gifts-for-good-grotsgw-homepage-post-

Sadly, I was right on the Start Collecting Box. It's not BT (As a lot of us suspected it wouldn't be.) It's Vanguard Space Marines, specifically some of the sprues from Shadowspear. (Which are important sprues to be fair, they are currently the only source for the Reiver Lt, the Suppressors and the Helix Adept)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/30/gifts-for-good-grotsgw-homepage-post-

Wait are there NOT helix adept bits in the multipart infiltrators box?!

Sadly, I was right on the Start Collecting Box. It's not BT (As a lot of us suspected it wouldn't be.) It's Vanguard Space Marines, specifically some of the sprues from Shadowspear. (Which are important sprues to be fair, they are currently the only source for the Reiver Lt, the Suppressors and the Helix Adept)

Nope. Mental isn't it!

Nope. Mental isn't it!
I looked at the multipart infiltrator sprue images on the store page, and compared to the Intercessor kit it looks pretty dull to me. The infiltrator kit has comparatively few accessories and extra bits, the best example being the absence of bits required to make a Helix Adept. I imagine that is a consequence of it containing the bits to build Incursers (which I personally find to be incredibly ugly). Edited by Mmmmm Napalm