Forging a Narrative: AdMech/IK Blog - IG2020

Good job on the Armiger.

Thanks, got one more for the lance and it will be done. Planning a moriax with twin claw/rad cleansers. Only issue with this one is that I can't store it in my usual tray since the tree makes it too tall.

*shrugs* oh well.

Just realized I forgot his stubber too. I painted it, just for got to put it on.

Minor update:

20200616 212313

So the wolf gallant is almost done. I need to do the chest plate once I get a replacement (it went missing), do the camo and get the base details done.

Overall I like it and just need to name it. Will be looking into that part later as I have a theme already in mind, just need to see if something matches up.

Canis Canibalus

I like, but will most likely steal this for the fourth wolf knight. For the gallant however (and thanks for the the push)..

Celena Allen  - Pilot of the Orphne Lykos a knight gallant that serves in Feltorin's personal guard. Unfortunately she tends to be driven mad by the blood-thirsty spirit of the machine, kept calm only by lead Sacation Dornkirk.

First one to get this gets a cookie.

Edited by Focslain

So started work on the next knight, An Errant class. I'm actually going to do the cockpit for this one cause I have a scene in my head (and partially written) that I'd like to make into a diorama and it just requires the cockpit to be open and a custom pilot.

20200620 221921

Got a little base work done as well.

20200621 214011

So since the warp plague has lessened enough to get shipments thru. The frames for the moriax squads have arrived.

20200623 005351

One squad will go to the trainees while the other is for the veterans. I'm going to maglock all the weapons so I can swap what I need in. I'm strongly thinking of giving a pair of claws to one and making the last of the armigars for my green knight lance.

I'm going to have to get more or find alternatives to the weapon loadouts. Plan for the armoury is to have four of each weapon, which I'm close to. I might just look into alternatives of the spare weapons and get a few more pairs.

Also I only have two more armigars until the main house lot is done. I need one more warglaive and a helverin.

After I'm done painting these moriax up I'm just going to order a box of each. I'm so close to finishing this part of the army I might as well push it.

So got the errant mostly done. Just waiting on the head and need to paint the basic pattern on the back half of his pauldrons.

20200630 192747

I did paint the cockpit (WIP shown below) and honestly you can barely see anything unless you take the hatch completely off.

20200624 214451

I did figure out how to have the pilot stand on the carapace. The heel in the Sir Hekhtur model is the right size to be replaced with a magnet that I use for the carapace weapons. So his left foot is holding the pilot on with his right foot on the bar in front of the cockpit. I just need to find the proper head and rework his arms. That will be a side project as the errant is at least ready for battle before then.

I also got my hands on two full boxes of Renegade. So I have the last three frames for the from the codex. Unfortunately I only have two heads in route. So I'll be doing one more (not sure which) and the others will start making their way to other lances.

Time to order more foam.

So started work on the moriax armigars over the holiday.

Squad Delta (pre-primed)

20200704 143048

An example of how the colour scheme transferred to the modified carapace.

20200705 211841

I'm hoping to have this squad done before the original deadline of phase 2 of the Iron Guantlet and all six by the end of the month. If I focus I might be able to get all the armigars for the house done by the end of the month depending on when my FLGS gets more of the wargalive/helverin boxes in.

After that I'm going to do one more for the main house. I have three more questoris class to do, the Preceptor, the Paladin, and the Crusader. I'm thinking of doing a paladin. Then I'm taking a break and might finally take a crack at my Cawl stand-in.

• 2 weeks later...

So I started piecing together the second set of moriax together. The first shown here is going to be the veteran unit. I just haven't finished the squad markings when this picture was taken.

20200714 220055

I'm using the normal head without the hood because I plan to replace them with the iron tiger head once gadgetplus puts out the armigar version. Based on him the head is going to be like the wolf one and the hood won't fit with that style.

For the second squad, which is for the trainees, I decided to use the hood and the standard head. Plus the original smoke stacks so I can use the upgrade on another set of armigars later.

20200715 223011

While I would love to use one of each armigar type for the patrol I'm forming for my group's run at Crusade, the PL isn't there as I'm one PL over if I use a warglaive/helverin/moriax group.

I do have a list that is two moriax and a warglaive that fits the bill. I just replace the helverin with a dual volkite veusglaire moriax. While -1 S and D and half the range, but a solid ten shots, seems a decent trade off.

I'm hoping to have all the armigars for House Jenius done by the IG second challenge deadline.

• 2 weeks later...

So an update on the progress of this undertaking.

I'm nearly done all the armigars for the main house. I finished the six moriax and I'm working on the final warglaive and helverin. This will bring the total number of armigars in House Jenius to an insane 18 little knights.

So an overview of what we have here. the house has six squads of armigars, two of each type. Squads are as follows:

Training squads
Alpha - Warglaives
Beta - Helverins
Gamma - Moriaxi

Graduates
Delta - Moriaxi
Eta - Helverins
Zeta - Wargalives

Gamma is a special animal as their the only ones with battle damage. I wanted to do this to this squad as since my house is a school I thought it be neat to have a jock squad. So they are piloted by the classic meat heads that rush headlong into combat and come back with the most damage, either on a carrier or, hopefully, under their own power.

I'll try to get better pictures later, but here are a few of the little buggers.

20200729 132749

20200728 171953

20200728 171924

I also got in two games with my knights, my first two in 9th as well. One was a knight v knight fight. Both forces below are equal, Chaos knights didn't get the drop we did on the Castellan.

20200801 151312

20200801 151242

20200801 154429

It was a blood bath, both the Errant and the Gallant got taken out early, the Errant turn one to his Ravanger (the knight with the tree). It didn't last long as my Castellan shot it down in a single volley. Which was the theme of the game, trading one knight for another, my Castellan getting all the big knight kills. My armigars took care of his and one helverin tanked a broadside from his castellan. I managed to clear the table thankfully.

The second was a test of the crusade rules and it was a 500 pts Assassination mission. Since the only character per the Crusade rules I could have was the preceptor I have in my Order of Battle, my opponent took up the role of defender.

So my three little knights tried to assassinate a deamon prince. I got through his guard easily enough. So more average rolling would have seen his death guard gone a turn sooner, but also I was too cautious and should of just pushed the charge. His daemon prince was tough enough to tank all three armigars and take them out pretty much one turn at a time.

20200802 160821

20200802 163844

I was going to do knights for a crusade that my friends' were thinking of doing, but I'm going to switch to Tau since issues of the other players meta gaming would ruin the feel of the narrative.

Honestly jokes on the nurgle player, his prince already set the meta, but better him then me.

So since I finally got the gaming table cleared off my small group is starting to schedule games.

Did a 1500 pts Scorched Earth mission again the nurgle player. He took a mostly DG list and I did a mostly armigar list lead by a tanky Styrix

After five turns of grinding cleansed the board. Only one armigar left with little damage. The Stryix tanked a flank on it's own while the armigars hit the opposite flank pretty hard. His prince took out two armigars (a warglaive and dual clawed moriax). They took the prince down with them thankfully.

20200809 160755

Ended up beating him 86 to 58 iirc. I'll try and get more detailed battle reports in the future.

I also finished the last two armigars for the house, below is a rough picture of all 18, students on the left, veterans on the right.

20200809 220753

I'll get a few more group pictures later, mostly for all those I completed for the IG2020 challenge.

• 1 month later...

So minor update.

I've almost got the character datasheets for two of my knights for the Iron Gauntlet challenge. Just need to take a decent picture and format the cards.

While doing this I realized I hadn't named the Styrix. To go with the pilots underlining theme I went with Cadorius Lupus.

With him currently joining the Taranis lance on a pilgrimage to Mars I've got plans for a Magnra class to replace him in my Fel Knights group.

I have a 1v1 crusade campaign coming up versus my old nurgle buddy. I'll be starting out with a group of knights followed by a guard force. The group is going to be lead by the newly minted Errant and six armigars (two of each class). I mention this because while looking at this I realized I'm sending 1/3 of my total armigar force. This doesn't seem right.

I figured I wanted at least two armigars per knight in the house. Which after calculating how many knights I would have (one of each class), it came out to 16 knight classes, this includes FW types. That means I need at least 32 armigars... I have 18.

So am I taking this too far? Is having three dozen armigars, a force I will never feild on the table outside of an Apoc battle, really something I need to build?

The reasonable side of me says no, it's not worth it.

But then again when do hobbyist actually listen to their reasonable sides?

I swear the armigar kit will be my most bought box, and I have at least 10 grey hunter squads in my wolf collection.

*does the math on current armigar collection*

Correction, it is my most purchased GW kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Operation Tieguai

It seemed like an isolated issue, some odd plant life in the southern region started to be identified. An odd illness hitting the populace in the neighboring towns. It wasn't until the towns went silent that panic started to spread.

It took a single report, a picture of a creature both known and unknown, to raise the alarm. Chaos was about to spread across the planet, a disease of untold lethality.

Most of the world was not prepared, the local defenders did not have the weapons to deal with the infection starting to spread across their home. A call for help was sounded, the answer they got was not what they hoped for, but will it be enough?

--------------------------------------------------

So me and a buddy have started a 1v1 crusade campaign to get used to the rules before we try for a multi-player campaign hopefully in the new year. We did add a few rules to try and keep things both fair and later interesting.

Campaign special rulings (mostly for the nurgle player)
Summoning -
Can only summon a unit once per battle, must be in the OoB.
Larger units can be broken up
Planned Daemon Prince warlord can not be summoned.

Once both OoBs reach 100 PL (of non summoned units) Then any unit can’t be used in two battles in a row.

Battles can not be more than half OoB PL.

For missions we are going off the new Pariah Nexus mission book for more variety and if (gods willing) we do this multi-player one of our planned invites does do necrons.

I’m slowly working on a story for this, but my brain got a little fried and I’ve been massively distracted due to picking up No Man Sky and started building an Exploratory fleet in game..

Basic plot:
Nurgle has started infesting a planet, House Jenius is sending a newly minted knight lance to help while a larger response is gathered. So this is starting via knights/admech with guard being added as the OoB is grown.

I’m actually building/painting a brand new guard platoon for this, something with facemasks to aid in harsher environments. I’ve been facing this player on and off for years, time to really start making that conflict canon.

We’ve fought two combat patrols so far. I have some details and some picts. I think for future games I’m going to just do a basic summary with a few picts (basically what I have here but maybe cleaner).

Battle reports

Mission One: Supply Drop

Secondaries:
Knights - Kill count
Nurgle - Ritual

Forces:

Knights
Alpha 01, 03(warglaives) and Eta 02(helverin)

Nurgle

10 Plague Marines
10 Cultist
plague caster
Foul Blightspawn

Knights got first turn, move to secure the middle objective site. Cut the marines in half. Nurgle manages two really good summoning rolls(15 and 13, no doubles), getting a full 30 man unit of plague bearers and his daemon prince.

20200927 155713

20200927 160702

Fight in a drag out brawl, Alpha 01 drops the prince in melee before being overwhelmed by the plague bearers. Alpha 03 is given a massive headache from twin maximized smites. Eta 02 has to move into the fray when her objective was removed.

20200927 162752

Made it to turn 6, drop was in nurgles deployment but Eta 02 drops to mass melee.

Post battle:
Both warglaives fail their out of action rolls, taking devastating blow since they only earned 1 XP for the battle. 02 managed to secure the secondary objective and was granted MVP for so. 02 leveled and took from the vehicle battle honours. Spent the RP on expanding the OoB to 70 PL and adding another armigar. Just one RP and I’ll have the full force and start adding in the guard.

As for analyzes, not much to it outside of hoping he doesn’t get such amazing summoning rolls. If one of his summons didn’t go off I would have been in a much better position.

Pre-battle revision
So while writing the fluff for the campaign as a whole it occurred to me that the knights would have a small skatrii guard for the repair bays. So I dropped the armigar I added post game one and added in a enginseer and two squads of skatarii. It still fit in the OoB. I’m going to use these for the combat patrols. Opponent was cool on me having two detachments (patrol and SHA) for narrative purposes.

Mission Two: Secure and control

Agendas:
Nurgle - Warp Beacon
Knights - Secure Data

Forces:

Knights
Enginseer
10 man skitarii rangers (2x aquabus)
Alpha 01 and Alpha 03 (Warglavies)

Nurgle
10 Plague Marines
10 Cultist
plague caster
Foul Blightspawn

We deployed the objective in a diagonal pattern, with each of our as close to our deployment zones as possible. The admech took the hill and the pair of warglaives set up about mid-field. The nurgle marines stuck close to center with the cultist on the flank to jump on the objective nearest to him. 

I got first turn and pounced on the cultist with 03 and moved 01 to the center field. The enginseer moved out of the squad and towards the first objective to get working on the agenda. Focusing fire on the nurgle marines I only dropped a few. 03 assaulted the cultist unit and killed one to start.

In his turn he moved the blightspawn and marines forward. The plague caster stayed to summon reinforcements and this time his roll wasn’t high. It was enough to get a 20 man plaguebearer unit. They arrive and after the nurgle marines and blightspawn pump a few rounds into 01 it’s assaulted by the plaguebearers. Which is where they stayed for the rest of the game.

Alpha 03 managed to take out the cultist and nurgle marines, 01 holding the plaguebearers in the center field until it went down to a really good combat phase by the nurgle player. I did manage to snipe the plague caster turn 3, by then he had only summoned poxbringer to take out my ranger unit.

By end of game he was ahead 20 pts due to basic objective holding, though neither of us could lock any down. We both failed in our agendas too, so this was a pyrrhic victory/defeat?

Post battle
I completely forgot that the snipers can’t move and fire. Next time I’m going to take two minimum squads, one with the snipers and the other with just rifles that can move around to take objectives and complete actions without me losing my only anti-summoning defense. I started working on an actual second squad of skartraii, considering my planned army (outside of the campaign) was to have three it gets more models off the pile and painted.

• 2 weeks later...

So been slowly working on some skartarii and painted up what I'll be using as Kataphrans. 

20201027 222039

I'm making two squads in this loadout, so it will be one with classic weapons and two with he xenos guns.

20201027 221833

20201027 221900

This is the solifuge from Artel W, it has the same footprint as a Kataphran, same height too. This one is a breacher type, making a destroyer type will be semi-easy as I just have to convert the secondary weapon. The cannon on this thing basically can be anything.

It's also cheaper then the GW model.

Oh and forgot to post my entry for the Character creation part of the IG2020.

Ok, so not the best, but at least it's done.

Cadorius Lupus - 25 PL/550 pts

No.  M   WS   BS   S   T   W   A   Ld   Sv
1     12” 3+     3+    8   8   25   4  10   3+

(7-12 Wounds Remaining)
1     9”    4+    4+    8   8   n/a  4  10   3+

(1-6 Wounds Remaining)
1     6”    5+    5+    8   8   n/a  4  10   3+

20201010 160101

Cadorius Lupus is armed with a volkite chieorovile, a graviton crusher, and a hekaton siege claw with inbuilt twin rad-cleanser. It may also crush it’s foes beneath its titanic feet

Bjorg Rhonwen was originally of House Tintagel, a minor house in the Ultima Segmetum. He had already gained many battle honours slaying the foes of the Imperium in his Paladin class knight Cadorius. His home was attacked by Eldar raiders, the keep was destroyed and the house devastated. For some reason only he and an armigar attendant survived. Effectively homeless, he and his companion started traveling to other worlds besieged by eldar raiders in a vain hope of finding the group that destroyed his family and home. Soon after his journey started he lost his companion, the armigar was not able to keep up with Bjorg’s larger mount. A decade later Bjorg himself was defeated on the field of battle, his mount laid in on a bed of corpses.

There he was found by a company of wolves. He and his mount were repaired, his mount changed, made stronger as he recovered. His old mount was rechristened Cadorius Lupus, rebuilt as a Knight Styrix. Once ready for battle he joined the local forces to guard against all threats. So that hopefully would know the loss he felt.

Ionic Flare Shield: Model has a 5+ Invariable save

Automated Repair Drones: Cadorius Lupus is equipped with several small repair drones that can fix some of the worst damage even during combat. During the Command Phase this model heals D3+1 wounds.

Grace of the Omnissiah: Cadorius Lupus counts as Questor Mechanicum for the purposes of stratagems.

Mentor: Bjorg can grant one <Imperial Knight> unit his Peerless Warrior quality (see Freeblade).

Qualities
Peerless Warrior, Indomitable
Burden
Wary Machine Spirit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lady Llywelyn Farnia Jenius
“Königin der Löwen”

20201012 231009

Kongin der Lowen in Crusader configuration, leading a lance.

Lady Llywelyn Farnia Jenius - Headmistress of the academy and leader of House Jenius. She was already tracked for the coveted Titan program before being tapped for a new knight training program. Led by two freeblades, she joined two dozen elite pilots to learn the ways of knight combat. After years of grueling training, only eight pilots managed to make the cut, of those Llywelyn was deemed top of her class. For this she and her fellow pilots were then tasked in training the future generations of knight pilots for the newly created House Jenius.

In her years as instructor and head of the Academy she has helped in the training of several generations of knight pilots. Even in her advanced years she manages to hold her own versus many foes. Her ruthlessness is legendary, both on campus and the battlefield. Her mount ,Königin der Löwen, has the ability to mimic any class of knight, showing that she has the ability to teach for any frame.

Multi-purpose chassis

Königin der Löwen can mount just about any weapon. For this, choose one Questoris class model to represent its current configuration. Add +1 PL/+50 pts for having Llywelyn piloting it and add the Headmistress ability.

Headmistress
Re-roll to-hit rolls of 1 for friendly <House Jenius> units within 6” of this model. Once per battle round, pick an enemy unit within 24” of this model. All friendly <House Jenius> units within 6” of Konigon der Lowen add +1 to their to-hit rolls while targeting that enemy unit.

Editors Note: After looking at the multi-chassis rule I realized I can have her pilot a styrix and mangra as well. So I will have to make those weapon options for her later.

So seems that the locals are doing crusade free-form. Basically doing crusade games with no linked narrative. Thought I take advantage of this and start the training classes for my academy. As I play more games I'll be using my RP earned to bring in more and more of the house to have a wider selection. At first I'm going to be working on six students at a time. The general ruling for how this will work is the following:

Graduating - Pilots are able to graduate if they survive one more battle after reaching Legendary (+50 XP) status. Battle honours are not earned for this XP.

Perma-death - A pilot is killed if they roll a 1 for battle-scar after their mech was destroyed with a exploding result or if they hit negative XP after their third engagement. Lose of XP is the only option available for injury. A dead pilot is removed from the roster and a new pilot takes their unit.

Final Test - Once graduated the pilot can try for a questoris. If they do they must pass the final test via a morale check (LD 8) with the following modifiers - +1 for each mark of greatness minus each time destroyed. Passing means the pilot survived the Throne Mechanicus trial, failure.... well you get it.

Alternatively they can choose to become a veteran armigar pilot. To which no test is needed. 

Recently I did an Incursion against a Tau player who was cool in my using the knights.

Mission: Sabotage
Agendas:
Knights (Attacker): Kill Count, Linebreaker
Tau (Defender): Linebreaker, Priority Target

Army Lists
Knights

++ Super-Heavy Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [52 PL, -3CP, 990pts] ++

+ Configuration +
Detachment CP [-3CP]
Household Choice: Questor Mechanicus
. House Taranis
+ Lord of War +
Armiger Helverins [18 PL, 350pts]
. Armiger Helverin: Heavy Stubber
. Armiger Helverin: Heavy Stubber

Armiger Moiraxes [18 PL, 320pts]
. Armiger Moirax: 2x Moirax Siege Claw w/ Rad-Cleanser
. Armiger Moirax: 2x Volkite Veuglaire

Armiger Warglaives [16 PL, 320pts]
. Armiger Warglaive: Meltagun
. Armiger Warglaive: Meltagun

++ Total: [52 PL, -3CP, 990pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Tau:

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (T'au Empire) [47 PL, 6CP, 990pts] ++

+ Configuration +
Battle Size [6CP]: 2. Incursion (51-100 Total PL / 501-1000 Points)
Detachment CP [-2CP]
Sept Choice: Farsight Enclaves

+ HQ +
Commander in XV8 Crisis Battlesuit [7 PL, 150pts]: 3x Missile pod, Shield generator, XV8-02 Crisis Iridium battlesuit

+ Troops +
Breacher Team [4 PL, 90pts]
. 9x Fire Warrior: 9x Photon grenades, 9x Pulse blaster
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse blaster

Strike Team [2 PL, 45pts]
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle: 4x Photon grenades, 4x Pulse rifle

Strike Team [2 PL, 45pts]
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle: 4x Photon grenades, 4x Pulse rifle

+ Elites +
XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [11 PL, 268pts]
. Crisis Shas'ui: 2x Cyclic ion blaster, Shield generator
. Crisis Shas'ui: 2x Cyclic ion blaster, Shield generator
. Crisis Shas'vre: 2x Cyclic ion blaster, Shield generator
. MV1 Gun Drone
. 2x MV4 Shield Drone: 2x Shield generator

+ Fast Attack +
TX4 Piranhas [4 PL, 70pts]
. TX4 Piranha: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Fusion blaster

Vespid Stingwings [4 PL, 84pts]
. 5x Vespid Stingwing: 5x Neutron blaster
. Vespid Strain Leader

+ Heavy Support +
XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [7 PL, 135pts]
. Broadside Shas'vre: 2x Smart missile system, Heavy rail rifle, Velocity tracker
. 2x MV4 Shield Drone: 2x Shield generator

+ Dedicated Transport +
TY7 Devilfish [6 PL, 103pts]: Burst cannon
. 2x MV1 Gun Drone

++ Total: [47 PL, 6CP, 990pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

He set up the four objectives as deep in his deployment as he could and bunkered into the ruin buildings in his area. The Vespid and Crisis Team were in reserve.

As the attacker I got first turn and rushed forward. One of the warglaives and helverins actually got in range of an objective, the warglaive set action to destroy his. The first volley was ok, the devilfish dropped then half the breacher squad inside died to autocannon fire. That unit soaked half my army’s fire. His response wasn’t as good. Combined fire from his commander, the piranha and firewarriors crippled one of the helverins, but couldn’t seal the deal due to a shield save blocking the broadside.

My assault half pushed into his lines hard, a warglaive catching up to the breachers and wiping the unit. The healthy helverin decided to dual the broadside, first getting a good opening wound before assaulting in. They then duked it out for four rounds before the helverin pulled away so a warglaive could come up from behind and melta the broadside to slag.

20201029 191939

[Xenos reinforcements arrive]

On his turn two he dropped the vespid and crisis team into my deployment zone. The vespids finished the crippled helverin, but not before it destroyed the objective it was on. The crisis team almost crippled the volkite moriax in a single volley, once again the sturdy construction saved it.  They nearly finished it with a second volley, but it held on by a thread. The melee moriax had peeled back and moved into assist it’s squad mate, bbqing the vespids and assaulting into and  nearly wiped out the squad. Combined fire from the Moriaxi wiped out the attacking force.

The warglaives killed most of his army, finishing off all the infantry, the commander, piranha and broadside. Not to mention three of the four objectives. MVP to Alpha 01(warglaive) for his march across the field slaughtering as he went.

He was tabled on turn four. So we called it. I had thanked him during the game for facing what I knew was a hard army to face. Even the little ones in proper numbers are a hand full. Also I didn’t realize it til later, but this wasn’t his first game against them. He faced them in March, he was the one doing the transformer battlesuits.

I’m going to try and get some more games in, I’d like to do one a week if I can.

Model wise, once I’m done with a small guard project I’m going to finish the third armigar for my green knight lance. I had the claws for months now so best finish it before I lose them. Then work on the Preceptor I started. I can’t add any more large knights to the main house until the iron tiger head I use gets ported over to the Ironwolfmini shop.

Edited by Focslain

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so figure this was the better place for this.

Over the past few weeks I've been working on an up-scaled forgeshrine. Something that would fit the larger forge world knights. I recently got it to operational status, though not fully complete as I still need some piping and another ceiling crane. But it's done enough that I can just paint and add pieces as I find them.

20201126 173204

20201126 173236

20201126 173219

Here it is servicing a castellan and armigar, there is enough space for three armigars on the floor.

20201126 173026

Also a bonus peice of terrain I did to make sure I didn't lose pieces (even though I did in the end).

20201129 124049

That looks far more convincing as a structure to maintain Knights. The set GW sells is a bit wimpy in comparison.

In GWs defense, their forgeshrine kit is more a quick recharge/rearming station then a full maintenance bay. That is why I built mine.

Beautiful work on the forge shrine.

Thanks, hopefully I can do just as well on the pile of shame that is my terrain sprue collection.

• 1 month later...

So I finished some terrain recently, since most of it is mechanicus in nature seemed fitting to post here.

Battlefield expansion set plus a reactor.

20210125 193020

Reactor and pipes done in my forge's colours.

20210125 193832

Random debris

20210125 193429

I have another large build in the works, uses two strongholds, a skyshield pad, 1.5 bastions (need the extra floors) and some extra bitz. Maybe another building depending on this things footprint.