30k Hobby Chat

Finally a day off and spending it making stuff. So far I have gotten this far with the beakies.

Ā 

image.thumb.jpeg.9edc7d484a5b7fe47bf12502c2c2d68f.jpeg

Ā 

Not going for anything fancy, just no frills table top quality with no conversions so I can get back into gaming. I've got a Land Raider Proteus made, have two predators, a Kratos, three Leviathans, a Spartan, a Contemptor, two rhinos in boxes and two boxes of sky hunters on the way. Praetor is a no frills marine with a powersword and plasma pistol and I have about 60 marines I think.

Ā 

I'm leaning towards Word Bearers or maybe Emperors children as both are pretty simple to paint and I have the decals.Ā 

Edited by Doghouse

One rather angry fellow jumped my hobby queue...

Ā 

1162047_sm-.jpg

Ā 

I put some quick paint on another failed librarius aspirant for my loyal-ish Death Guard, the poor sods deserve to get their glorious amok run one of these days before the agony of their failure takes them into the darkness.

Ā 

1162040_sm-.jpg
1162041_sm-.jpg
1162042_sm-.jpg
1162043_sm-.jpg
1162044_sm-.jpg
1162045_sm-.jpg
1162046_sm-.jpg

Ā 

Fourth contekar done, meaning I might finish the initial 5 within a year of starting them lol.

Ā 

PXL_20230308_201040672.thumb.jpg.c54319e5c4fab641a177d3c362d082c8.jpg

Ā 

The base is super basic, but I tried to have some brun marks from the flamer to tell a little story anyways.Ā 

Iā€™m going to be taking my raven guard to an event in a couple of weeks. Iā€™ve more or less settled on a list and now just need to get everything painted - which is going to be quite a lot of work. Only some of my stuff is ā€œdoneā€, though everything is now built and at least at a WIP state.Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™ve been having fun making a Praetor with a thunder hammer and Corvid jump pack. This is made from Zephonā€™s pack and the wings from a Skitarii bird man, which Iā€™ve cut up and stuck grey stuff to, to make something a bit like a proto-Corax pack.Ā 
Ā 

AFACFEE0-DCA6-4798-8469-04F16B1126FF.thumb.jpeg.b0465cc1b43a124c2520f0f77c4efecc.jpeg

Ā 

Hes going to hang out with a squad of deliverers who Iā€™ve now built and undercoated. I havenā€™t converted these other than to give them a multimelta, made from their heavy flamer and a pintle weapon.Ā 
Ā 

666619E4-0B85-4ED5-9169-70913CF97155.thumb.jpeg.f6fac675c02a9a37559f7be8a78c453c.jpeg

Ā 

And as you can see, Iā€™ve dug out an ancient Castra Ferrum dread for some fire support. I might paint him up as a deliverer, with a red panel or two. The idea is these guys are old Terran RGs whoā€™ve been got out of storage post-Istvaan. Needs must.Ā 

My flgs is running a slow grow heresy campaign with a narrative element based around a consul in each player's army. This consul gains experience for doing certain things, and much like Mordheim/Gorka Morka gains stat increases or skills at certain thresholds.

Ā 

I've chosen a Divination Librarian and for this week's game he'll be riding into battle on a scimitar jetbike.

20230311_155427.jpg

20230311_155400.jpg

Wanted to share some wip pics of my indomitus hammernators, since I finally got around to add studs to their shoulder pads:

image.thumb.png.2137ec102fb225b647f4979a60601324.png

image.thumb.png.3ea887092df2f58ab57052dbb4e9a215.png

image.thumb.png.1d611d6d0a6a339e9215e846761bc594.png

Last pic is of my version of Kyr Vhalen as he stands at the moment, I'm currently struggling quite a bit on how his sword Aegeas shall be envisioned in model form.

Putting the finishing touches to a Master of Signals for my Sons of Horus, so I can run the Black Reaving RoW when I fancy it!

Ā 

uWuOdo5.jpg
Ā 

Just wondering about his Aquila belt buckle. Should I keep it like the IIIrd have done? Should I scratch a defacing cross over it? Or try and remove it? Ā A bit hesitant about the last option Iā€™m case I ruin the model, and Iā€™ve not come up with a good replacement. But thoughts definitely welcome!

Ā 

9DeweIQ.jpg
Ā 

u65GN2c.jpg

That's a great build @General Zodd, I particularly like the helmet! I think it looks fine with the Aquila, lots of traitors still had various bits of Imperial iconography bouncing around. Adding some scratches could also work well, as you say.

Leave it. My own SoH have Aquilae in their armors or other stuff mixed with the Eye of Vigilance or even an eight pointed star. I think is good to reflect the confusing and chaotic days of the heresy.

Wee baby Mastodon for my Suzerains to ride in (counts as a Proteus Carrier).Ā 
Ā 

This is the model that originally sparked my interest in 3D printing. Ā I love the Mastodon model, but donā€™t have the space for one right now. Ā This thing keeps all the aesthetic qualities I wanted, but has the exact same footprint as a Landraider. Ā It took me about 6months of printing before I felt confident enough to try printing it!

C3D6533E-F95C-408F-97F9-D7059FC941D1.jpeg