30k Hobby Chat

Rann sized up pretty well with the other IF Praetors.

He's a big fella. I'm building mine tonight and I am very excited.

I also built Zephon and in the plastic he might actually be my favourite of the two. I initially thought his robot leg was a bit skinny but it's just GW's usual knack for photography making it look weird. His actual leg is suitably chunky for an Astartes.

I decided to hold off on Rann and converting him into a more generic HQ, I'm still waiting to see him side by side with the resin or plastic rank and file (I don't own all the new character stuff - Death Guard hasn't given me anything new for 30k for a long time).  But he does look good I have to admit!

I decided to hold off on Rann and converting him into a more generic HQ, I'm still waiting to see him side by side with the resin or plastic rank and file (I don't own all the new character stuff - Death Guard hasn't given me anything new for 30k for a long time).  But he does look good I have to admit!

Give me a hot minute to make a lineup.

Tried to get as many minis I had of different sizes:

IMG_5045.jpg

IMG_5046.jpg

IMG_5047.jpg

IMG_5048.jpg

IMG_5049.jpg

IMG_5050.jpg

IMG_5051.jpg

IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5053.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5055.jpg

IMG_5056.jpg

IMG_5057.jpg

Edited by Slips

Rann looks great, and not nearly as large as people were making him out to be based on what I see in these photos.  All good.   :thumbsup:

I decided to hold off on Rann and converting him into a more generic HQ, I'm still waiting to see him side by side with the resin or plastic rank and file (I don't own all the new character stuff - Death Guard hasn't given me anything new for 30k for a long time). But he does look good I have to admit!

Rann looks great, and not nearly as large as people were making him out to be based on what I see in these photos. All good. :thumbsup:
He's pretty much the exact same size as the new 40k Chaos Space Marines. Edited by Irate Khornate

Thinking il use Rann to make the rumoured Castallan with an autocannon, Zephon on the other hand i have an idea for a moritat but im not sure how well it will translate into a stationary mini, im annoyed his foot is part of his tactical rock however. 

im burning out on my IF pretty hard, im not able to paint aswell as id like so i may buy some new brushes on payday and take a break from marines. 

I decided to hold off on Rann and converting him into a more generic HQ, I'm still waiting to see him side by side with the resin or plastic rank and file (I don't own all the new character stuff - Death Guard hasn't given me anything new for 30k for a long time). But he does look good I have to admit!

Tried to get as many minis I had of different sizes...

Awesome thank you! He's a big one for sure, but not unworkable as a character model.

So, since there is a plastic spartan at some point, I already have a resin one BUT also have an unassembled typhon. Any thoughts about possible compatibility from a chassis standpoint with plastic spartan and typhon? Typhon is the spartan chassis? 

Any thoughts about possible compatibility from a chassis standpoint with plastic spartan and typhon? Typhon is the spartan chassis? 

I think it is correct to say this: as I didn’t build either of mine I can’t definitively confirm, but I imagine the only different detail is the ramp/main weapon mechanism parts. Perhaps someone who has built both recently may be able to clarify?

That's a really subtle blue you got there IHF, how did you manage to get it like that?

thanks, it's dead easy! I literally just paint thin lines of white in the recesses I want the glow to emerge from and then glaze them & the surrounding area with very thinned down macragge blue!

That does sound really easy, I'm going to have to give that a try when I get round to painting some models. Currently having too much fun pulling Zephon and Rann apart as well as some of the Cassius Kill team. Will say, Zephon and Rann are the nicest models I've pulled apart.