30k Hobby Chat

So there are no plastic fast attack heresy units revealed yet, do we think we will see one before June, and if so, which one?!?!

personally i think we will see an assault squad first then probably a javalin speeder. Then if the planets align a fire raptor/storm eagle in a few years. 

progress.

OsUx8hk.jpg

So there are no plastic fast attack heresy units revealed yet, do we think we will see one before June, and if so, which one?!?!

Jet bikes? Suitably iconic for the Heresy, different enough from 40k models, feasible in a plastic mould, will sell like absolute hotcakes.

(I know the word “iconic” is overused to the point of meaninglessness, but forgive me. Perhaps “totemic” would have been better?)

But in general I’m still amazed how much they’ve shown already. I’m not expecting any fast attack before June and I think it’ll be Christmas before plastic assault squads.

Edit: and awesome Paladins and amazing job on the Dreadnought!

Edited by LameBeard

notably from the playtest leaks the javelin gained the option to swap it's cyclone missile launchers for volkite culverins, which makes me feel like it may be one of the earlier kits we see in plastic

notably from the playtest leaks the javelin gained the option to swap it's cyclone missile launchers for volkite culverins, which makes me feel like it may be one of the earlier kits we see in plastic

The arquitor also now has las and volkite sponsons.

Looking good. Do you plan on filling in the gap on the broken sword, and maybe file down the wings on the chest? Think the Deathwing chest piece might look a bit too Dark Angels still.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Are you going to fill it in all the way or keep the sword?

I ended up slicing some of those off and gluing them to Tartaros armor to make the Sergeant for some Tartaros Deathwing Companions to go with Lion El'Jonson.

CPt7gL7.jpg

Those plates will glue really nice onto Tartaros if you want to do something with that later too.

I plan on finally doing the rest of the squad soon once I get duplicating the Terranic greatswords on the Knights Cenobium down.

Watch them release a plastic upgrade with Calibanite warblades/terranic greatswords :D

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

The Calth and Prospero plastics have been sat in my Loft of Shame for years - finally going to try doing something with them for some Shadow Crusade era World Eaters. The new mark VI scale prompted me to try 3d printing some new, longer legs for my test models for my first tac squad - I plan to mix in some of the mark VI models later.

vOwWqKO.jpg

Intercessor is just for scale, and I'm going to break them down for partial sub-assembly painting by airbrush, hence the white tac! Trying to paint white any other way strikes me as a fast way to end up as nuts as Angron.

Edited by Arkhanist

Today I finally got off the fence and built my terminators. I had procrastinated for so long because I couldn’t decide on the loadout, couldn’t decide which legion, and couldn’t face working with the resin.

But there comes a stage when you realise that ANY loadout for ANY legion is better than expensive models taking us space doing nothing. So I built with what looked cool and went with Alpha Legion because they just looked more Alpha Legion than my other legions.

My one sacrifice to indecision was one arm magnetised, so I can try my heavy flamer conversion. I didn’t have the will to try today. Of course the magnet wasn’t quite in the right place and now the arm is a little high … still, it’s progress!

med_gallery_93054_12142_99641.jpeg

Edited by LameBeard

Would the new Chaos Space Marine Chosen, with some head (mkiv) and backpack swaps work as SoH veterans at the Siege of Terra? They look pretty good, and most of the mutations seem on backpacks, heads, and some shoulders. I was thinking MKIV heads, shoulders, and packs for Veterans since they have the proper gear for it.

Soh, night lords, and word bearers all work really well with the csm aesthetic. Night lords in particular have a lot of non-mutated/chaos raptor gear on their special units.

By the siege you could start including more traditional csm pieces as it was all starting to fall apart, with various cults and splinter factions rising out of the legions. The newly-promoted traitor officers also tended to overcompensate with bling, as seen in Warhawk; a good way for the csm trim to start showing up.

Would the new Chaos Space Marine Chosen, with some head (mkiv) and backpack swaps work as SoH veterans at the Siege of Terra? They look pretty good, and most of the mutations seem on backpacks, heads, and some shoulders. I was thinking MKIV heads, shoulders, and packs for Veterans since they have the proper gear for it.

See what @Kizzdougs did along these lines and you will see you are on to a good thing here.

Finished a couple of rhinos for my Word Bearers in the middle of the night for the Anger and Arrogance event (my 30k and 40k Word Bearers share some things, like vehicles/rhinos).

Will probably add a couple of decals on the front later, and I need to do a varnish on it. Those rivets on the side like to wear straight to the resin if I look at it weird, so some varnish will be very good.

I also really don't like this kit, will be so happy when the plastic one comes out, so glad to get most of my backlog of these Deimos Rhinos completed.

AucyONC.jpg

Edited by WrathOfTheLion