9th edition incoming

TiguriusX

im just sitting back and waiting to see what all the new point values for us will be, until then I have no army in mind.

I agree this is the worst part for me, the waiting. I love poking around in Battlescribe, theorying lists together and now that's a fruitless endeavor lol.So I'm just gunna build some new stuff and see what happens in the mean time

I totally agree with that sentiment. In the meantime I’m just going back and improving some of my old paint jobs.

A reflection: 8th has been an awkward edition for space wolves to say the least (worse for some others albeit). Having to wait for a codex for awhile at the start. Then waiting to be brought up to 8.5. At least we can wait and see what 9th brings before buying new additions to an army. I’d feel bad if I spent too much money updating to 8.5 and it be hamstrung by 9 somehow.

Big fan of the blast weapon update. Makes sense.

@code blue- delivery has always been a problem for us this edition. But PA has helped with Ragnar. Wulfen are supposed to be a synergistic unit for that as well. And impulsors. Long boats seems to be the answer GW wants us to use for mobility.

will the helfrost cannon/twin/dstructor get blast?

One would imagine so. Makes the stormstrike strat extra deadly

8th was awkward, we kinda got hosed a bit being late to the game consistently. I am hopeful that 9th codexes won't be as big of power creep and armies will be able to keep up pre 9th codex. But we shall see

All codexes/changes were playtested at the same time this time so hopefully not

Edited by Dark Shepherd

My prediction is that power creep may be less in 9th edition. They’re getting play testers from the community which is a big step forward. PA may have been used to get every faction prepared for 9th. The codex releases may just be to introduce new models or help codexes that may suffer under the new rules. Example: dark eldar with 3 factions in one codex and punishment for multiple detachments.

It may be awhile before we get a 9th codex. I only see it if we get wolf-only primaris.

im just sitting back and waiting to see what all the new point values for us will be, until then I have no army in mind.

My current philosophy is planning out 1600 point lists with the assumption that I'll only have to change it up/down a little bit on release. That way I can have a rough idea of what I can fit in.

My current philosophy is planning out 1600 point lists with the assumption that I'll only have to change it up/down a little bit on release. That way I can have a rough idea of what I can fit in.

My guess is youll be even more happy. Im working off 1750/1800

My guess is youll be even more happy. Im working off 1750/1800

Well, that's part of my more general philosophy: always expect less, and then you'll be happier if you get more :teehee:

As we say in my country if youre expecting a kick in the nuts and you get a slap in the face its a victory

Im just hoping I can ditch a couple of characters and have points left for more wulfen or the new bikers

Anyone seen any rules that help CC yet? Havn't been keeping up with it all but new edition feels v.ranged at the mo!

Terrain or reserves info?

Terrain, reserves, and a foot less of board for your opponent to sink back into and for you and your melee threats to be closer.

I wouldn’t complain if we got wulfen RIDING the new bikes.

By the Allfather, no!  I want less wolfy/more viking.  We became a meme beginning in 5th ed. because of all the Wolfy McWolferson nonsense.

By the Allfather, no!  I want less wolfy/more viking.  We became a meme beginning in 5th ed. because of all the Wolfy McWolferson nonsense.

Hey! That's my discordd name! Literally, Wolf McWolf Wolfersson, because lol why not embrace the meme if its going to be thrown in my face every time I log on.

Anyone seen any rules that help CC yet? Havn't been keeping up with it all but new edition feels v.ranged at the mo!

Terrain or reserves info?

Here is one:

The Heavy Cover rule actually benefits the melee-focused unit, not the Shooting unit. You don’t get the benefit of the cover if the model making the attack made a Charge move this turn, so the melee dudes charging in get the benefit of cover to their saves when the charged unit hits back, but the unit getting charged get no advantage. This hurts the gunline.

did you order the terrain as a batch ?  Could you link the retailer ?

Here you go, LB. The ‘Gothic Ruins’ set that I ordered was on back-order, so took about 2 months to ship, but they’ve got several other really nice looking sets, too, if you don’t want to wait that long. I am all for high quality, pre-painted resin terrain.

https://www.gamemat.eu/en/terrain/pre-painted-resin-terrain/