the BIG 9th edition room

If you know how everything works, then how does falling back work? Can you charge from out of line of sight? What kind of missions are there for 2k games? What are the points costs for Shield Drones? What about a Leman Russ Battle Cannon?

We don't have enough details to fill the picture in. We're just glimpsing at an outline through the fog and making guesses.

Edited by Fulkes

ok. Lets stop that discussion. I know that I am very angry by Tau becaus they had a big part for leaving the hobby a long time for me in early 7th edition ( Knights with D-weapons and Tau + BT step into SM-codex with that bad rules). I really hate this faction so much and was happy to see they lost one of the most stupid rules I can imagine just to hear they still have that.

b2t: What do you think will the Bladeguard Veterans have special rules and fantastic statlines or just basic 3+3+4+4+2W 9morale and 3+ save.

b2t: What do you think will the Bladeguard Veterans have special rules and fantastic statlines or just basic 3+3+4+4+2W 9morale and 3+ save.

I could see them at least having three wounds like aggressors. Either that or the new Melta guys coming in the box. Wonder how many attacks and how the power swords are gonna be!

The only thing I want for Bladeguard is for them to have the Company Veteran keyword and the bodyguard rule, that way they soak up wounds for our HQs and be affected by the Vigilus stratagems, they have a 3++ and a D2 power sword and thats enough for me in terms of rules. Im already thinking of outflanking a squad of them with an HQ and support that with fast moving elements or drop pods.

I really want a bodyguard rule too. Statwise, I figure they'll have a veteran intercessor profile, and maaaybe a 2+ save? If they have 3 wounds or something, even better.

A 3++, sure. A 2+? Not likely.

I don't think they will have W3 (only guessing mind) as that seems pretty reserved for Gravis. I also don't reckon they will have a 2+ for the same reason - not even Gravis have that.

Company Vets would be lovely! Do many other Chapters have stratagems that use that keyword that might influence GW into including it? 

They are bound to have a bodyguard rule with 'guard' in the name. Probably just 2A, maybe some kind of charge defence or -1 to hit them in melee?

Ah yes you make a very good point actually, I didn't think of them as being in the Van- Stern- series. But yes that would make more sense, so perhaps no bodyguard rule.

Edited by Brother Kraskor

I'm just saying I wouldn't read that much into it. Vanguard as a word has nothing to do with guarding, it's just where in the battle they would/should be fighting. Sternguard was seemingly a word made up by GW, likely to complement vanguard.

And then company vets, which aren't 'guard', have the ability, as do the Victix Guard (two words not one though.)

I think they will have it. Because no chapter has a Primaris bodyguard unit aside from the UM, mechanically it also fits in with a new character targetting system which wants you to be closely supporting your characters to keep them alive.

I could see them at least having three wounds like aggressors. Either that or the new Melta guys coming in the box. Wonder how many attacks and how the power swords are gonna be!

GW already confirmed it is a dmg 2 weapon

I like the mission! Not too complicated. And I hadn't really realised before that the Bladeguard Ancient is very distinct from a regular Ancient - I wonder what abilities it will have.

I like how VPs are scored in your Command phase - gives the opponent a turn to try and stop you.

much more interesting is that the special ability from Whyches (in the Drukhari article) doesnt allow enemies to fall back even with the stratagem breakout what means that our stratagem must work like that too which is absolutely great.

and as I expect 25 powerpoints are round about 500 points:

5 Intercessor cost 100 points

expectations

then 3 bikes about 120 to 150

3 Vanguard 90 to 120

and each character about 80 points

Edited by Medjugorje

Couple of things. Flyers can stil make a normal move if they have models in their engagement range. They don't have to fall back.

I have a source who has the core rules. The Outriders (bikes) are 6 PL which means they are about 40-45 ppm. Which is fantastic for how good they are.

Wait, hold on.  I just read on the previous page, when you charge the enemy that you charged attacks first?

No, charging units still fight first. The change is that, when you get to non-charging units, the passive player picks first, instead of the active player. So in your turn, you charge, fight first, they fight back. Then in the next fight phase in their turn, when that's an ongoing combat, you fight first again since it's their turn.

Couple of things. Flyers can stil make a normal move if they have models in their engagement range. They don't have to fall back.

I have a source who has the core rules. The Outriders (bikes) are 6 PL which means they are about 40-45 ppm. Which is fantastic for how good they are.

Can you get them to spill the beans on Fall Back?

You got any more of those core rules??