the BIG 9th edition room

The neophytes must all be equipped with the same gear; no mixing them up.

Thanks mate. I wonder why they decided to restrict them in that way.

Yeah especially as the Initiates are not restricted like this.

honestly? probably because they want to sell the upgrade kits  shotguns. if you have a squad of 20 you need to buy two upgrade boxes after all!

gonna probably pick one up for that reason... though I don't know if it's worth it just for the strat

Edited by Tiger9gamer

honestly? probably because they want to sell the upgrade kits  shotguns. if you have a squad of 20 you need to buy two upgrade boxes after all!

gonna probably pick one up for that reason... though I don't know if it's worth it just for the strat

Yeah... in retrospect it's one reason why I probably should've bought two Combat Patrols and a separate Redemptor instead of the Army set + CP (haven't bought a CP yet, mind you). While the army set was basically the cost of models with cards + codex on top, I didn't really need the cards and codex, and don't really like the EC model. CP on the other hand is actual good savings. But as is, gotta try to ask around if anyone locally has unused scout shotguns I could purloin.

The shotguns aren't -that- bad though, and if you are in a situation where they have full re-rolls and you're up against Blood Angels/Wolves/Scars... any 2 wound or even mutlwound assault unit this is the perfect time to pull the trigger on it. But it doesn't really hurt that much to simply use them without the strat. I look at it as a situational bonus.

I think GW may release that kit after sending old tactical squad and scouts to legend.

Still don’t know where the heck you are getting that idea from. GW’s stocks would plummet and the backlash would be immense! Keep the doom and gloom for the death guard maybe, even if I have the same fears as you have

as for the shot guns, dunno if I will pull the trigger on them. I like having range with the Bolter carbines more than shotguns, so will have to think on it more. Truth be told, I don’t know if the upgrade sprue is enough for me to get it twice!

I think GW may release that kit after sending old tactical squad and scouts to legend.

Still don’t know where the heck you are getting that idea from. GW’s stocks would plummet and the backlash would be immense! Keep the doom and gloom for the death guard maybe, even if I have the same fears as you have

as for the shot guns, dunno if I will pull the trigger on them. I like having range with the Bolter carbines more than shotguns, so will have to think on it more. Truth be told, I don’t know if the upgrade sprue is enough for me to get it twice!

I did one squad with Shotguns. Rule of cool. It just looks great, and I still think it's not a huge difference. I ended up needing 2 MM sprues anyway. :)

I did one squad with Shotguns. Rule of cool. It just looks great, and I still think it's not a huge difference. I ended up needing 2 MM sprues anyway. :smile.:

yea, I may pick it up because I am a whale for BT at the moment, and because I got some extra money for it. Just want to get two so I can either go for one squad of 20 or two squads of 10. Which one would be better anyways?

Also, what is the thought of turning a marshal into a judicar? It seems simple with the upgrade sprue, and giving the marshal the skull in his right hand and a modified sword in his left seems super simple.

(also, tried out army painter gunmetal when I ran out of leadbelcher... I hope I didn't ruin the stormshield I converted :sad.: it was too thin, then suddenly became too thick.)

Edited by Tiger9gamer

Hey bruvhas I’ve been using two squads of Eliminators with lasfusils… cheap as chips and have a real kick. Thinking of getting a squad of Supressors as well… suppressing fire could be good to stop crazy overwatch plus the range is crazy good.

Whirlwind maybe more effective than Suppressors for that? Can fire without LOS, the Suppressors will have to be hitting on 4+ if the enemy uses terrain well and forces them to move.